Extra Easy Superfree foods

At the end of the day the more superfree you eat the better your losses (and overall health) will be. Whether its before during or after. The idea of before and during is to naturally limit free and synned food. After meals will limit the potential naughties if you normally have a pud. Snacking on superfree does the same. Whatever, you are better off and its a winner :D

Unless the consultant meant you don't need to have both fruit and veg but could have one or the other then this is very wrong! The 1/3 Superfree is essential for EE and recommended on the Red and Green plans too. However, SW does recognise that there are some meals when Superfree just doesn't fit, so if you fancy egg and chips or fish, chips and mushy peas then have them! Also, if you meal contains HExs then you don't have to add Superfree because the HEx are measured giving an inbuilt control.

If you are cooking the fruit you add to your curry or grilling the pineapple, and/or using tinned fruit, then technically it should be Synned. I put loads of veg into a curry - finely chopped onion, carrot and celery * are the base of many a meal and is barely noticeable! - and I would add Frylighted mushrooms, tomatoes and onion rings to my gammon.

*(To save time, you can buy bags of frozen ready chopped veg - they're often labeled as bolognese mix or similar)

This is is a good idea. I do this and then suprise myself with how much veg I've had!

I have got myself into the habit of microwaving a small bag of mixed veg to go with everything !

The best thing is they re almost always in the reduced section at tesco so cheap too :)

If you are cooking the fruit you add to your curry or grilling the pineapple, and/or using tinned fruit, then technically it should be Synned. I put loads of veg into a curry - finely chopped onion, carrot and celery * are the base of many a meal and is barely noticeable! - and I would add Frylighted mushrooms, tomatoes and onion rings to my gammon.

*(To save time, you can buy bags of frozen ready chopped veg - they're often labeled as bolognese mix or similar)

ive been thinking about that all weekend. So I looked up sw's explanation just now.

Slimming World | Why are some fruits Free when raw, but h...

according to their rules, grilled pineapple is still free. As is the banana I stir into my curry before serving. Heated fruit is fine, I guess you could say, stewed fruit isn't. So I can still have my banana in my porridge every morning with no fear! ;)

Last edited:
Sory to wade in here, but I can only assume the consultant didn't make himself clear..and I'd suggest you speak to him to clarify asap...but superfree (fruit and non-starchy veg) are an essential part of the plan and, as other posters have said, you should aim for 1/3 if poss with/in each meal. Not just to bulk out your meal (and thereby reducing the energy/calorie intake) but also for vital vitamins etc. The superfree, along with the v.low fat and low sugar intake is the key to sw working xx

I'm not daft, I understand the plan. He made himself perfectly clear. Even pointing out the picture in the plan book of spaghetti hoops on toast and exclaiming 'look, see! No vegetables!'

In his defence, the book doesn't out and out state the one third rule.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 71
Hoops on toast are an example of when you are using a Hex B (toast) you don't need the superfree as the control is built in.

There is a big difference between saying he doesn't eat fruit and veg, and that you don't have to either, and having the odd meal without superfree.

Under EE in the book it clearly says to Fill 1/3 of your plate with SF and where you can have it for snacks between meals.

Of course, if people want to have a meal without SF they can, but to say they don't have to have SF ever is just misinformation.

I'm not daft, I understand the plan. He made himself perfectly clear. Even pointing out the picture in the plan book of spaghetti hoops on toast and exclaiming 'look, see! No vegetables!'

In his defence, the book doesn't out and out state the one third rule.

I don't think anyone is saying you are daft, I just think we are all so shocked at a consultant saying you don't need to eat fruit and vegetables that people were looking for a rational explanation!

Apart from it being against all SW principles, it is also flies in the face of all sensible nutritional advice.

Back