Superfree Rogan Josh

Going to try this out for myself and the boyfriend! Thank you!

Giggles2080 said:
Made this last night and it was amazing! I added chicken to it and it turned out great! Thanks for sharing, will definitely make this one again! :)

I do it with chicken. Oh, and frozen spinach added half way through. Oh, and a side dish of tarka dal.

It's a hard life this dieting lark. :)

Seriously, if you haven't tried this recipe then stop messing about. This is a really great curry and makes me very happy.

Aww thanks pavster! I'm glad I shared it.. it was one I adpated to make SW friendly :)

I often add a handful of sweetcorn now too as the little lady adores sweetcorn and there is always a tin open in the fridge lol.

Have got this in the slow cooker also, thanks for posting looks great. I've added peppers and lentils for now.mlooking forward to it later.

Well after all the glowing reports , it looks like i am going to have to follow suit and make this. I just about like the mushy pea curry. So hopefully this is more of an authentic curry like it sounds :0) Just wondering what could you add instead of the mushrooms ?

yoyonomore2012 said:
Well after all the glowing reports , it looks like i am going to have to follow suit and make this. I just about like the mushy pea curry. So hopefully this is more of an authentic curry like it sounds :0) Just wondering what could you add instead of the mushrooms ?

Peppers are nice with it. Xx

Thanks Tinks*
Do you use red/green peppers ?
I think i might like to add some quorn but the problem with quorn is that it taste quite spongey if left cooking too long

Sorry I have just seen your reply. I added green and yellow as that's what I had left over in the fridge lol. Xx

Last edited:
Just started cooking mine... it's simmering away whilst i write my dissertation!! it's gonna be a lovely treat later after a boring hard day :(.

Gonna add some spinach and chicken breasts later.... smells divine! thanks for sharing the recipe! :)))

Rosie

this was absolutely beaut.... added chicken and spinach at the end of cooking!! will definitely be going in my recipe book :)

rosieposie1989 said:
this was absolutely beaut.... added chicken and spinach at the end of cooking!! will definitely be going in my recipe book :)

Going to try that at the weekend

Gonna try this tomorrow as I have time for it to cook

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just in the process of putting mine in the slow cooker for our 'take away' tomorrow night. Will have half and half with it - SW chips and bachelors rice - heaven! few poppadoms then as a treat to mop up but within syns allowance as they are only 2 syns each.

Nom!

cocosianelle said:
Just in the process of putting mine in the slow cooker for our 'take away' tomorrow night. Will have half and half with it - SW chips and bachelors rice - heaven! few poppadoms then as a treat to mop up but within syns allowance as they are only 2 syns each.

Nom!

That's not bad for Poppadums !!
I wondered if it would be worth trying the WW naan or if is highly synned?

Yes that's what I thought! They are the sharwoods ones and on offer in asda at the moment 10 for £1.

Just pinched this off another thread seems a lot for 1 naan but definitely do able. I've read on another thread that some people save their HEB for a pitta and adapt that for a naan so could be an option!

:Weight Watchers Plain Naan Bread, 4 pack 45g each

extraeasy.gif
5½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 5½ Syns
green.gif
Green 5½ Syns

cocosianelle said:
Yes that's what I thought! They are the sharwoods ones and on offer in asda at the moment 10 for £1.

Just pinched this off another thread seems a lot for 1 naan but definitely do able. I've read on another thread that some people save their HEB for a pitta and adapt that for a naan so could be an option!

:Weight Watchers Plain Naan Bread, 4 pack 45g each

5½ Syns on Extra Easy Original 5½ Syns Green 5½ Syns

Ooh - that sounds good - might try it .
I am sure though that the calories were a lot higher for their naans - so I will double check. The Cheesey scone recipe could be adapted??

Kx

This sounds lovely . Will have to try it. Did the chicken tikka one in the booklet which was ok but won't do again. Think i should have added tom purée or something as it looked very insipid.

If adding chicken to this recipe when do you do this? I know this sounds a bit stupid but do you have to cook the chicken before adding or just put in with the rest of the ingredients to cook.

Thanks

Roberta x

It's cooking now - I added lamb to it - so will let you know how it tastes. Treated us also to some Naan - half of it is 5 syns - not bad really!!

Kx

Back