Supermarket Recommendations

Marks and spencer Thick and fruity yogurts are by far the nicest free yoghurts arount- spiced rhubarb flavour is particularly nice

Asda tinned chick pea dhal is free on green or EE and really nice

Heinz tinned meat ravioli is free on green or EE and I couldn't live without it for those greedy moments where I want something tasty and quick

x

I know that everyone has tried the Muller Light yoghurts but today I put the vanilla and choc sprinkles one into he freezer for a few hours and it came out like expensive ice cream - took longer to eat as well!

Oooh what a good idea - I am going to try that now.

Thanks!
Julie19

Thanks to everyone for such great tips - am off to Asda now! My only tip is to make the Batchelors pasta n sauce (1 sin) with skimmed milk from your "A" selection and 3 of the Laughing Cow Extra Light triangles from your other "A" or "B" on a Green Day - it makes it really cheesy and creamy...

Hi All

I thought it would be nice to set up a thread where we can recommend low syn items that we have bought from the supermarket and enjoyed, so that other people can try them. Can this be made into a sticky please?

Please add your favorite supermarket buys so that we can try something new!

I have just tried Iceland Chicken Breasts with Tomato and Basil sauce (2 syns on red and EE for the whole pack) and you can cook it in the microwave!

They were very filling and very nice!

I like those new Mikado's chocolates, they are 1.5 syns each.

Also try Asda's sugar free shandy, you can buy a pack of 6 cans for only £1.
its a lovely refreshing summer drink without the syns like in beer and they are free on all days. Also takes the cravings away for a lager lol.

At the moment Mullerlight yogurts are only 20p at asda too.

Sainsbury's Basics choc ices; 4.5 syns each and only 69p for a box of ten - bargain! Unlike other cheap choc ices the chocolate and the ice cream taste smooth rather than bitty as well.

am off to try vanilla n choc muler icecream mmmmmmm

Does this include ravioli with meat in (beef) because i cannot find a veggi one anywhere :(

Sainsburies Veggie Ravioli is mentioned already in this thread but another thumbs up from me because I love it!

MORRISONS eat smart vanilla/strawberry etc yougurts, basically like mullerlights but much nicer I think, and they are free!
3 for £1 atm.

Morrisons cheese curls are good too, 3.5syns for 14g pack, same as tesco, not tried tesco but I'd say the morrisons are nicer the quavers too! Only thing is they come in a pack of 10 and I find it hard to trust myself with multi packs of crisps around, lol!

Hi - this is all new to me but have to say this was really helpful and I will definitely be back to keep updated!

Sundar Chick Pea Dahl comes in a blue can and is free on Green and EE. Really delicious, definitely doesn't taste free! I've only ever found it in Morrisons.

betty-smith-s-home-cook-lamb-shanks.jpg
I just entered Betty Smiths Turkey (Farmfoods)in the syns calculator. Its FREE on EE and on RED days. So the chicken must be also!!

Back