Surgery/Dead skin?

How old are you Maximus?

You have to remember that surgery will not be approved on the NHS and will result in scarring.
There was a treatment on Jeremy Kyle the other morning which consisted of being covered in gel and then having some sort of laser massage which apparently tightens the collagen.

46 years and 5 days;)

Feels ancient lol.

Oh I'm just panicking I realise that now - saw too many of them mega-obese people who lose 300lb+ had have so much loose skin.

46 years and 5 days;)

Feels ancient lol.

Oh I'm just panicking I realise that now - saw too many of them mega-obese people who lose 300lb+ had have so much loose skin.

Steve - Its so refreshing to listen to a man that has the same issues as us women!! Glad your brave enough to speak out! A lot of men would we quiet in the corner when it comes to weight! I think there should be more men like you in this minimins world! I said to my hubby all the things your asking. I need to lose 6 stone and am 1lb away from 3. I also am scared of wobble! Who wants to be slim with all these saggy bits. I heard NHS funding is slim so it would probobly be private. However after a bit of digging it seems most surgery is for those whom have massive weight loses. If your interested this weeks Love it! Magazine has a cover story fo a lady whom was 30 stone, she is now 16 stone however she has lots of excess skin. She has had surgery but its still not that good. However she openly admits this is due to her Gastric surgery leading to rapid weight loss and no exercise. So its seems slow steady weight loss and exercise is key. Plus Bio Oil and Palmers Butter stuff!! Your skin will be as smooth as a baby's bum. Try not to worry and think positive!

Last edited:
Steve - Its so refreshing to listen to a man that has the same issues as us women!! Glad your brave enough to speak out! A lot of men would we quiet in the corner when it comes to weight! I think there should be more men like you in this minimins world! I said to my hubby all the things your asking. I need to lose 6 stone and am 1lb away from 3. I also am scared of wobble! Who wants to be slim with all these saggy bits. I heard NHS funding is slim so it would probobly be private. However after a bit of digging it seems most surgery is for those whom have massive weight loses. If your interested this weeks Love it! Magazine has a cover story fo a lady whom was 30 stone, she is now 16 stone however she has lots of excess skin. She has had surgery but its still not that good. However she openly admits this is due to her Gastric surgery leading to rapid weight loss and no exercise. So its seems slow steady weight loss and exercise is key. Plus Bio Oil and Palmers Butter stuff!! Your skin will be as smooth as a baby's bum. Try not to worry and think positive!

Thanks Becky. Try not to go overboard on this modern man stuff. Can't have the lads finding out lol.

Haha the only problem I have is knowing about these products. Sure, I've heard of them but will be relying on my girlies at work of what to buy and where. I'm convinced they won't be happy until I've exchanged my Nectar Card for a Boots one!

On a more serious note, I work with a lot of obese people and gastric seems to be the way to go with a lot of them. I know dieting has not worked for a lot of them and bands/bypass is the only way.

My excercise routine will hopefully help with toning but at my time and condition,6-pack abs would not be achievable. Fortunately at my age (46) they don't have to be:)

Still gonna try a few creams out though - as someone else posted earlier, worth a few quid.

Steve

After reading this thread i went out yesterday and bought some of this Palmers cocoa butter and it does defo smell of chocolate!

Gotta be worth a shot for about the price of a pint though lol!

Rick

A combination of eating well, consistant exercise and some moisturizer should lessen the chances. I think if u have a lot to loose, the skin may be a bit 'loose' but not so hanging as such!

Yep - I'm worrying about the possibility of loose skin now. I doubt my first target weight will cause any but when I go for my next one I think it might. Going to head out and buy some cocoa butter and get a gym membership after xmas!

Well after 4 days of using it i haven't got washboard abs yet but i will definitely let you know if they appear! ;)

Rick

Back