SW Minimins Dryathlon Team (Alcohol Free January)

Happy New Year ladies (& gents!). Enjoy whatever you may be drinking - a rather nice sauv blanc in my case :) - and make the most before tomorrow lol x

Well I'm v pleased with myself, I stopped bang on midnight and even switched a baileys at the end of the night to a doctor pepper!

Game on :D

Do! I just read the official rules again and I so could of had that baileys at midnight! It started 9am this morning!

Yes.......you could have :cry: but think of the syns saved :D

Oh dear, I stopped saving syns a while back! Totally off plan...but day 1 tomorrow, hoping to pull back a sts at next weigh in a week tomorrow!

How is everyone's fundraising going?
I have made 150% of my target now so I am over the moon.
I have also stocked up on loads of nice teas and soft drinks for Jan :) xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
My fund raising not going too well, but a few people have said they'll put some money in if I make it to the end of the month. Not sure they're taking me very seriously YET!! Ha. I'll show em!!

Have just been to do my weeks shop and quite enjoyed buying some treats with syns in that I usually wouldn't when I'm saving all my syns for alcohol. I got...

A bag of mini (pick n mix size) Love hearts (7 little love heart sweets in each roll) = 1 syn each
Curly Wurleys = 6 syn
Dib dab = 4.5 syns
Pink n Whites = 2.5 syns

Yum yum!!

I would usually keep my syns for alcohol too :p but I have just had two jaffa cakes 2.5 each!!!!! :eek: I could have had a curly wurly for 1 syn more.
Syns other than booze is new to me :D

Yeah me too, I won't know what to do with myself having syns for normal things!

I'm not doing very well on the sponsorship but I only set a 20quid target and I know I'll manage that, it's more for me to see if I can actually do it, just the raising money is a bonus!

Just thinking, What are you girls hoping to achieve by not drinking for a month aside the 'not drinking for a month'!!!!

I have a few, perhaps too many or high expectations but I shall find out!!

Mine include to hopefully see a difference in my skin, I have awful boil like spots under my chin and jawline that I get at the time of the month but have had extra over xmas (over indulging prob)
I also want to see what alcohol stops me doing - I like a clean house and find myself rushing around every wekend to get everything done, theres more but these are the top 2!!!

Last edited:
Yeah me too, I won't know what to do with myself having syns for normal things!

I'm not doing very well on the sponsorship but I only set a 20quid target and I know I'll manage that, it's more for me to see if I can actually do it, just the raising money is a bonus!

Just thinking, What are you girls hoping to achieve by not drinking for a month aside the 'not drinking for a month'!!!!

I only set a 50 pound target....like you it's more of a challenge. I normally have a drink every night... :p

I am hoping to get back into exercise......normally can't be @rsed....I just open the wine instead :eek: I also want to lose the wine belly :D

We can do this xxxxx

God I hope so!

But scared of eating more now! I'm sat here watching tv wondering what I could eat next, normally that glass of wine would curb that!

I am having a slimline tonic and lime - it's not wine but I can pretend its a vodka lime and tonic :D

Last night before I went to bed I had decaf tea (redbush and vanilla -Tetleys), it was very nice surprisingly given that I am a coffee drinker.

I think I will be getting a few early nights in..........:cool:

Can I join you ladies too. Bottles of wine have been a huge obstacle in my previous attempts at slimming world and have caused my weight gain. Food wise I can be very good. I haven't had a drink since the New Year so on track. I also found the energy to join a bootcamp located in my locality - so hope to lose this wine belly too. I have been working nights the last 2 nights so its be easy for me so far. Tomorrow will be the test !!!!!

I'll be doing it myself if thats ok. I will really need support on this

Back