Sydney August 2013

yes to the airbus. My husband was disappointed when we booked because he wanted to go with Quantus. We've swapped a little bit of currency for Singapore incase we need anything from the airport - always nice to be sure. One thing we weren't told is as soon as we made the booking we could book out seats - if you haven't done so already I would check on the website and do it. As a consequence we are always sat as a three so will have a stranger with us :S

Yes we have booked our seats and like you in a row of three, am pretty sure nearly all the seats on airbus are in rows of 3 and the middle row 5 or 6.

I used to fly with Quantas a lot when we lived out in Cairo, they were really good, but people who I know have travelled more recently with them say they are not quite so good now. We tried to book with Emirates could get a flight out but they had no return flights when we were due to come home. Still I have heard Singapore airlines are good. We went with China airlines last time they were good but nearly every meal was noodles!! which we did not mind as luckily we both like them.

Where are you staying in Sydney? Going to get our visa's and insurance next month, then will start counting the weeks!!

We are staying in the Travelodge in wentworth avenue. Its just around the corner from central station. We thought it would be the ideal location for all the sight seeing we wanted to do as well as beneficial for all the exercise we normally do to. I'm off to collect the currency and tickets today :D

Baby Cakes
Hope I catch you before you go, have a wonderful time I am sure you will.
Let us know all about it when you get back.
Safe journey and enjoy yourselves.
Bin x

The holiday was fantastic, a dream come true. The flights were long and hard. We had trouble adjusting to the different time zones and still having a bit of trouble now we have got back. We walked for hours and hours a day - I think its the best way to make the most of a place. The city has a couple of parks - Hyde park and the botanic gardens that are quieter than the city. In amongst the botanic gardens you have a view point which looks out onto the coast and the opera house - definitely a must.

We went to Toronga Zoo, Bondi beach, Blue mountains, Newcastle and Manly. Manly beach is far superior. I found when we did use public transport it was very cheap 16.80 return to the blue mountain and something like 7.40 return to manly, 5.60 return to bondi. Taxi rides were expensive, we got one from the airport to the hotel 5km away and got charged $45 for that.

One point to note is that there is a woolworths in the city. Woolworths is a supermarket that sells all the usual products. We had a microwave, fridge and kettle in our room so we were able to purchase things like milk and cereal which made the stay less expensive that buying out all the time.

We had temperatures between 21 and 25 through the days, the nights were cold. We had one day of rain during the 14 we were there.

I thoroughly enjoyed the holiday and would recommend it. We only got back midday Monday but already it feels like we never went away.

Hi Baby_Cakes

So glad you had such a good time, it is a lovely place and the Blue Mountains are beautiful. You sound as though you did plenty of sightseeing, I really liked Manly Beach and half the fun was the lovely boat ride from Circular Quay.

That is the only problem with holidays you plan them for so long but when you come home it feels like you were never away.

How was the flight, what are Singapore Airlines like?
We fly out on 4th November 8 weeks on Monday.

Take care x

Singapore airlines were good. They offer you flannels before each meal, give you headphones, flight socks and a tooth brush and tooth paste. Food and drink are limitless, you can have what you want practically when you want it. Really polite and friendly.

The seats themselves are quite limited with space. You get a tv screen on which you can watch movies, play games and listen to music. I found the first flight (London to Singapore and return) the worst. 13.5 hours long on the return leg. We had a bit of a delay too which made it worse.

One thing, they seem a bit rough with the bags. On both occasions the cases looked like they had been battered.

I was really excited with 8 weeks to go, planning like mad. We came back with 800 dollars between us, we took 3100.

I don't know if you've been watching the news but the found a British born guy in the blue mountains a couple of days ago. Remember seeing the posters for him on the boards at echo point. Sad news as its such a lovely place. You'll have to let me know how you find it.

Back