Puddings syn free baked egg custard

LOL.
I make mine in 2 shallow ramekins.
I use large eggs, don't know if that makes any difference.
maybe your oven was too hot? did u put them in a tin of cold water first (ban marie)?

:rolleyes: I put them in a tin of boiling water - maybe thats where i went wrong! It was also quite nutmeggy lol

The top was browned like a creme brulee. What consistency is it suppose to be once its ready?

:confused:

LOL boiling water no wonder it turned out like scrambled egg. should be cold water.
It should be set(when hot) a bit like set jelly. when cold it is solid. You an adjust the nutmeg as desired.
good luck with your next try.

Haha! I put mine in boiling water too! Whoops! :D

I cant make anything lol, these are all eggy and more like a flavoured mini quich qith water added haha

and falafel are like a dip so i cant mould them into bowls

and i think im a good cook!!! haha

xx

Read this post earlier - had to go to the supermarket for some FF & make some!!! In the oven now so will report later on what they are like :D

I have just got this in the oven, cant wait to try them! sound yummy

I made one using 1 pot muller light vanilla and choc mixed with 2 eggs. I'm not that keen on artificial sweetners even so with no extra sweetners it was lush. Funnily enough the chocolate flavour comes through quite well.

I cant wait to make this I love egg custards.

I wasn't convinced by this when I mixed it up, thought it would just taste like the quiche with a bit of sweetener in, but just took it out of the oven and it smells absolutely beautiful! Just like proper egg custard. Going to save it to have cold after my tea, can't wait!!

It did take longer for me, about an hour, but I made one big one rather than several small ones.

Back