Syn Free Ice Cream

must make room for my ice cream maker in the freezer!

hubby & I have just sat & demolished a bowl of toffee ice cream with the choc & fudge alpen light sprinkled on - oh my word - heaven!!!

I'm eating this now :)

I think there's either something wrong with my icecream maker, or I'm doing it wrong. Every time I make icecream, the blades look as if they're smoothing the icecream onto the sides rather than scraping it away, which means that very quickly it runs out of icecream to mix and the machine jams. And I have loads of icecream frozen solid that I can't scrape out! Anyone else have this problem?

Beeing fairly new at this ice cream lark I read the instructions & then ignored them! Basically the instructions say don't fill it too full which I did & it jammed so I have tried again with lessin & it worked but some bits of mine do stick to the side still

Just a couple of quick questions, does it need to have the eggs in it? Or can you just use the yogurts/frommage frais with splenda? Does it come out differently, and which do you think is nicer?

Thanks! Going to get me one of those. Oh I can see christmas pudding ice cream at christmas now and that new mint one and the strawberry one from the mag. oooohhhhhhheeeeeeeeeee!!
Someone may have already posted this, I haven't got to the end of the thread, but I made the chocolate ice cream and mint ice cream from the latest magazine yesterday (I have an ice cream maker) and they were foul, particularly the mint one. It just tasted of chemicals. I followed the recipe exactly, just used slightly more fromage frais (500g instead of 400g), and all it tastes of is the colouring and the chemical tang of the sweetener. The chocolate one is slightly better, but still not great. I am going to try the one from the beginning of this thread, seems much better!

yummy defo trying this

This ice cream sounds great will be trying it
Thanks

Only just seen this thread but i made this ice cream today from the SW site. Its in freezer as we speak so not tasted it yet!

2 egg whites
4 level tbsp artificial sweetener
596g/1lb 5oz fat free natural fromage frais
2 tbsp skimmed milk
dash of vanilla essence
slices of fresh pineapple, kiwi & papaya, for decoration

1. In a bowl, whisk the egg whites with the sweetener until the egg whites are stiff but not dry.

2. In a separate bowl, mix together the fromage frais, milk and vanilla essence. Carefully fold the egg white mixture into the fromage frais mixture using a metal spoon. Pour into a suitable container and freeze until firm.

Thanks so much for posting this recipe, had some after lunch today and it was gorgeous:D. Even had to share it with non dieting workmates:cry:

I think i'm going to try coffee flavour next, I wonder how many syns in an amareti biscuit.....yum!

I have recently bought an icecream maker. I got the cheapest one from Amazon. OK, it's not perfect - some sticks to the sides but you can get this out when it has thawed a bit, it does get stuck and it's a bit on the noisy side. However - I absolutely love the syn free icecream that it produces and it is probably the best piece of kitchen kit that I have bought for a very long time.

Going to go buy one :) sounds great !

Back