Syns 'n Stuff - My Daily Food Diary

So I'm actually up less than 1/2 a pound from last weigh-in, which isn't as bad as I thought. But that still means I haven't done anything to shift my holiday weight gain from March.

The rest of today went rather hunky-dorily... I had a cup of tea and a small piece of chocolate (1 syn) and a satsuma, then later had watered down sparkle juice and a benefit bar. Came home and managed to steam some new potatoes and green beans before hubby and the kids arrived, so we all sat and had those with some peppered mackerel (1.5 syns, I believe!) (Well, okay, the kids refused the fish - as my wee boy said, "Eeeeew! Thmelly an 'scusstin!!") and then I finished off with an orange choc mullerlight.

A bit munchy now, so will have my remaining HexB - 2 x dark rye ryvita - with some quark and smoked salmon, drizzled with lemon juice and a scritch of black pepper... not sure what to do for my HexA. It's been a while since I've had a nice creamy hot chocolate... Mmmm. HexA and 2 syns. Will do that right before bed.

So totals:

Exercise - nuttin' honey. I was at work. I did get up and walk to the printer a few times... I think I've tried that on here before tho and it didn't fly.
Water - about 1 litre
HexAand B - benefit light bar, ryvita, milk
Syns - 4.5

Not too shabby!!! :) Wait, I'm not going to get cocky, because I did really go over on my syns last night... but I am hoping that I can make up for that by next weigh in.

Yesterday turned into a bit of a disaster, and I ended up munching away last night without keeping track. :(
Went something like this;
B - coffee, apple
S - mugshot
L - egg mayo on brown, about 8 syns and HexB
S - satsuma, tea
D - garlic noodles, 2 chicken nuggets, a handful of fries, SYNS, I know, but not sure how many!! spinach, peppered mackerel, new potatoes.
S - handful of butterkist popcorn, 2 glasses of red wine, bovril on toast. Syns syns syns!

I don't know why I gave up yesterday, was just tired and feeling unmotivated, I think. Today has been a bit better, so far!

Oh boogers, I didn't post at all yesterday! Okay, well - here's the thing. I've been okay, but not great at the "eating syn-free" thing over the past couple days. I can't remember exactly what I had, but it was nothing too terrible. Promise.
Today I had

B: coffee, half a satsuma
L: poached egg and leftover spag bol
S: coffee, bite of the kids spag bol
D: salmon, roasted veg couscous, spinach. peanut hottie quark with a drizzle of choc shot for pud (3 syns)

Need to do a grocery shop - if I don't get around to it tomoz, I will have to raid the freezer and see what I can whip up!

Tried posting again this morning but timed out, bah! Here's my huge brunch, will get on my laptop soon and catch up proper!

Attachments

• 1429956830591.jpg
    1429956830591.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 56
Popped in to say hi! I've been slack too...so hard to find the time sometimes!

Hi MB
Hope you are ok mate. Come back soon. xx

Hi all! Just checking in! Off plan, feeling fat, eating too many of the wrong things, boooo!
I need time to experiment and come up with new ideas for SW meals and snacks - was getting bored with the same ol' same ol'.
Once again will try to get my butt back in gear.

MB im not being great with food either mate. Thats why I signed up for marathon. Its stopped me food watching and now im exercising instead. Ive lost 2 weeks running without stressing on the food now. Be it small loses but its the first time in weeks/months infact im feeling positive. Hope it continues.
Hope u get your mojo again soon you were doing great. Xxx

That's awesome that you're feeling so positive, Bubble! I want to be in the same position.
The Global Corporate Challenge is starting up at work again soon, so that should give me some incentive to get more active again!

Here's today;

B - black coffee
L - tomato mugshot, banana, a crust of bread (1syn) and some grapes.
S - jacket potato with five bean chili and salad at Wetherspoons - very wimpy serving of it too! I didn't realise the 'five bean' thing would be literal! Diet lemonade.
Snack will be ryvita, light cow cheese and Sleepytime tea!

So yesterday's totals were;

Exercise- walking and playing at local farm park with the kids (including the totally fun kangaroo bouncers)
Water- about 1 l
HexA and b - 2x dark rye ryvita and 4 x light cow cheese
Syns; 1 + whatever the Wetherspoons JP cost me. Haven't looked it up yet, hope it's not too huge!

Have picked today, banana, seafood sticks, cottage cheese, grapes, now having enchilada lunch, with ffree yogurt and about 2 syns of homemade guacamole. HexB BFree wrap and minimal cheese on top, will look up and and guesstimate syns later... Although I have a feeling it's just that sort of thing that has got me into trouble in the past!

Attachments

• 1431344729106.jpg
    1431344729106.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 45
Yesterday was super challenging cuz the kiddos seemed to be testing me, for whatever reason! I came to bed early again because all I wanted to do last night was to eat and drink myself happy again. :/
Will guess about 3syns for that cheese and then I had about four Pringles as well 2syns.

Totals;
Exercise; walking, gardening, errands.
Water; only about 500 ml
HexA and b; 5 x light cow cheese (with celery sticks) BFree wrap
Syns; 7

G'morning!
Off to an early start this morning, coffee and fruit salad for breakfast,popped into sainsburys during errands and couldn't resist the sushi! It's the medium one with two California rolls and three hosomaki, will have to look up the syns, but if I remember correctly it wasn't too bad!

Prepping my speedy curry for Thursday teatime!

Attachments

• 1431427659935.jpg
    1431427659935.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 39
Well done for getting back in track Moonbeam!!

Sorry i haven't popped in for ages :( Hope you and the kiddies are well!

And a big WELL DONE for resisting the wine and comfort food when the kids were being a challenge!! Shows definite willpower!

Aww thanks, MRS Freaky! (Have just caught up a bit on your diary - congrats on your wedding you looked lovely! - have you got your photos back yet?)

I have to confess tho, a bit of naughtiness since my last post... We went out for dinner the other night for my father in laws birthday and although I avoided the wine, poppadoms and naan bread, my meal was definitely not syn free!
And then last night I caved and had three glasses of wine. ! I dunno! It just happened! I felt like I deserved it at the time, but now I feel like a big schmuck.
So, am going to go back and sum up and total, then weigh myself and start a fresh new day! :-D

Tuesday; sushi 4 syns, tomato mugshot, nibbled on veggies, ham, cottage cheese. Out for Indian - akbari chicken (guessing 7 syns for lamb mince), plain rice, bite of samosa 1 syn. Nibbled SW quiche before bed.
Totals;
exercise- school run, errands, housework.
Water - about 1 l,
HexA and b - :( don't think I had these!
Syns- 12 ish? Felt like more!

Wednesday.
B - coffee, banana.
L- plated ham salad with cottage cheese, boiled egg, coleslaw 3 syns and rice salad 1 negligible little syn!
S - cuppa tea, light benefit bar (1/2 HexB)
D- SW quiche.
S- 3 x red wine 24 syns, 2 x light Babybel, 1 x light cow cheese (HexA), ryvita x 4 (1/2 HexB and 3 syns)

Also had water, black coffee, sparkle juice and Sleepytime tea (not that I needed it last night!)

Totals.
Exercise - walking to and from the printer at work :( Oh! And yoga class!
Water - 1 l.
Hex A and B- light cheeses, benefit bar, ryvita
Syns- 31! Errrgh! It could have been such a good day!

Okay, what's done is done. It's all part of the 'getting back on track process, right? Going to weigh in now, and survey the damage.

Hi MB
Hope ur wi werent too bad. Come on babes needing your posts to keep me going...
Still eating loads my end but exercising loads too hoping this is the trick... we shall see.
Honestly it will be good to 'see' you. Have a good weekend. X

Back