Take The Blue Pill - The Story Begins

Thank you celtgirl, I am well and truly back now. I probably should have posted quickly on the Friday saying I was off on holiday, just to mark the few days as me being 'off' minimins and xenical. I tried really hard on my days away, we were camping old school, no electricity, so had to rely on non perishable items or fast food/restaurant/take away meals. I did shop before we went and got a few 'good' snacks for in the evening as well as alcohol :angeldevil:, and for breakfast I decided on Breakfast Biscuits and a small carton of orange juice. We did lots of walking so I think that was generally good. While having meals out I generally went for the healthiest option.

I've weighed in this morning at: 16 Stone 11 lb

I'm rather happy about this and am going straight back on the xenical and the exercise! Hope everyone else is doing okay :)

Thursday 2nd September 2010

Breakfast
Belvita Breakfast Bars - Milk & Cereal
Lunch
4 Slices of Kingsmill 50/50 Bread with Asda Seedless Raspberry Jam
Snack
WW Mini Lemon Cupcake
Tea
Corn on the Cob
Salad - Iceburg Lettuce, Peppers, Steamed Beansprouts, Celery, Sweetcorn, Carrots, Couple Cloves of Chopped Garlic, Fried Onions (in Frylight), Sprinkling of Tesco Salad Topper, a couple of Garlic and Herb Croutons
Dressing - Tesco Light Choices Non-Fat Bio Yogurt, Tikka Curry Powder, Mango Chutney
Potato Salad - Mini New Potatoes with Tesco Extra Light Mayo and Baco's Bacon Flavour Soya Bits
Small Serving of Pasta - White Conchiglie Pasta with BBQ Seasoning and Garlic Mayo (full fat :eek:)
2 Bottles of Echo Falls Spritzer

Exercise
1 Hr. 30 Min. Walk

Review
It took so long to make the salad today, was so hungry when it was finally done, just pigged out! I can't say it's a bad day for food, even though I do wish that I could have exercised more, my head was feeling a bit delicate and I didn't want to push it into a migraine. All 3 tablets taken, all good!
Rating = :)

hi and well done on your weight loss journey! are those breakfast buscuits nice?

I'm not a very big breakfast person usually, so most mornings I just want something quick down me to get me through to lunch. The breakfast biscuits seem to do that quite well, they're not too sweet so that you end up crashing but you still end up finishing the 4 in the pack :p In fact, I think they taste like HobNobs and I'm not going to complain about that at all! Haven't tried the fruit and fibre ones yet, they're quite expensive at £2.19 in Tesco. Might get some of the fruit and fibre ones next time I'm shopping.

Friday 3rd September 2010

Breakfast
Belvita Breakfast Biscuits (I really fancied making some pancakes but we had no eggs... or any wholemeal flour either - got a recipe for a nice sauce to go with them though, low fat yogurt with a dashing of maple syrup, I'm a big maple syrup fan so this way I wouldn't be eating pure syrup as an accompaniment... that or I could just put a mullerlight yogurt on the top)
Snack
WW Caramel Shortcake Slice
Lunch
Small Can of Tuna Flakes in Brine mixed with a small amount of Extra Light Salad Cream (was running out)
6 Slices of Crackerbread
1 Tablespoon of Marmite
Snack
WW Cheese Puffs (Wotsits)
Light Choices Salt and Vinegar Potato Thins
Tea
Ross Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni Ready Meal
Snack
WW Mini Lemon Cupcake
WW version of Hula Hoops
Handful of Takeaway Chips (They all sat and ate burger and chips in front of me when I got off work, thanks a lot guys :sigh: - so I ended up eating the last little bit they had collectively left when they'd discarded them)
7 Mini Plain Breadsticks

Exercise
30 Min. Walk
10 Min. Rosemary Conley's 7 Day Workout Video
17 Min. Rosemary Conley's 7 Day Slimdown Workout Video
10 Min. Rosemary Conley's 5 Day Fat Burner Workout Video

Review
I don't know if it was watching them eat takeaway food, smelling it or just my brain adapting again to watching what I eat that I felt so damn hungry. It might just have been that my meals weren't filling enough. I wanted more after all of them, at the moment I'm just living off the snacks I brought for holiday which are now leftover, whatever was in the freezer before I went and apparently things like half-stale crackerbread and forgotten marmite and tuna cans at the back of the cupboards. Run out of most condiments at this point. Oh well. I don't think today was that good, to be honest. There's always tomorrow...
Rating = :(

Saturday 4th September 2010

Breakfast
Belvita Breakfast Biscuits - Cereal and Milk
Light Choices Sour Cream and Chive Pretzels
500ml of Fizzy Original Lucozade
Lunch
2 Slices of White Bread spread with Extra Light Mayo
Can of WW Tomato and Basil Soup
Pack of Light Choices Raisin and Apple Slices
500ml Bottle of Fizzy Original Lucozade
Snack
WW Hula Hoops
Tea
2 Slices of Nimble Wholegrain Bread
1 Can of Heinz Baked Beans mixed with a dash of Hellman's BBQ Sauce
Handful of Takeaway Chips (Again! I seriously think all my family eats is chips...)
3 Beef Meatballs (Bad :()
1 Breaded Turkey Escalope
WW Mini Lemon Cupcake
WW Mini Carrot Cake
WW Caramel Shortbread
Snack
2 Bottles of Echo Falls White Zinfandel Spritzer

Exercise
4 Min. Shakeweight Workout
10 Min. RC 7 Day Workout Video
22 Min. RC 7 Day Slimdown Workout Video
5 Min. RC 5 Day Fat Burner Workout Video
30 Min. Walk
(Work)

Review
Another bad day for food, my family seems to be living on take away at the moment... and them collecting these take aways when they pick me up from work at 8/9/11pm when I haven't had any tea or just snacked on something small... that or I'm just plain tired doesn't particularly help my resolve to eat sensibly. I don't want to blame them, because it isn't all them but if I lived on my own I think I definitely wouldn't snack that much during the evening. Time of the month at the mo, so it might explain feeling so down, needing the lucozade. Oh well, another day of eating whatever was in the cupboards or freezer... shopping tomorrow, can stock up! Exercise was alright but when I get to them in the evening I end up not putting a lot of effort in them at all. I should start doing them in the morning, might be a bit of a goal for tomorrow.
Rating = :booboo:

I love your smiley face ticker chinese_lover :D

Thank you purple_kathryn :p
I liked it too, even though it came from another support forum. Just thought it went with my rating theme in this diary. Just to say, congratulations on your weight loss, you're truly an inspiration :)

Sunday 5th September 2010

Breakfast
Belvita Breakfast Biscuits :)eek: 15% fat people - I think! I was obviously looking in the wrong place when I first looked, but I went to check again and it was not good. I haven't had any bad effects or anything but still, shocked they were that fatty)
Lunch
Light Choices Ploughman's Sandwich
Packet of WW Cheese Puffs
Frijj Cookie and Cream Milkshake (Alternatively from my breakfast, I was actually surprised that the milkshake was less than 2% fat, as it was advertised on the bottle, it's so creamy)
Tea
4 Tesco Finest Beef Cannelloni Rolls with Tesco Italian Fresh Tomato Sauce
1 Chicken Drumstick with Skin Removed
Snack
Slice of Tesco Finest Belgian White Chocolate and Strawberry Cake

Exercise
1 hr. Walk

Review
Well, things definitely could have been better. Quite a bit better, with both exercise and food. I spent most of the afternoon getting my hair highlighted and cut which really did need to be done, so I don't regret not doing that... Shopping has been done, so I'm happy about that, now I have some low fat meals planned out. Yay! :D
Rating = :eek:

Monday 6th September 2010

Breakfast
3 Wholemeal Crepes (Wholemeal Flour, 1 Egg, Skimmed Milk and Water) fried in Frylight
Served with Light Choices Non-Fat Natural Bio Yogurt mixed with Maple Syrup (the sourness from the yogurt was really nice with the sweet of the syrup, you still can't beat a bit of crunchy sugar with a squeeze of lemon juice)
Lunch
Light Choices Egg Mayo and Cress Sandwich
WW Cheese Puffs
1 Medium Apple
Snack
1 Dairylea Dunker Tube
Tea
Healthy Living Reduced Fat Steak (Dry Fried), WW Oven Chips served with Tomato Sauce, Sliced Green Beans and Carrots
Snack
Frijj Cookies and Creams Milkshake
WW Mini Hoops Packet
1 Large Slice of Tesco Finest Belgian White Chocolate and Strawberry Cake (all gone now, so not allowed to tempt me - was bought for me, couldn't turn it down)

Exercise
30 Min. Walk
(Nursery)

Review
For once, I'm not hungry, perhaps this is because I went straight to bed when I came in. That or I did eat a few bits before coming home. It could be that my breakfast of all things left me stuffed, which I'm not entirely used to. I dunno... I haven't done a lot of exercise but I'm okay with things today, over all good, except for the cake. Loved my steak and chips, delish.

Those crepes sound tasty :D

The crepes were lovely! Planning on making them tomorrow again :)

Tuesday 7th September 2010

Breakfast
Big Pot Petits Filous Raspberry Yogurt
Lunch
2 WW Wholemeal Pitta Bread
1 Can of Tuna Flakes in Brine mixed with Heinz Extra Light Salad Cream
Iceburg Lettuce
Snack
2 Squares of Galaxy Chocolate
2 Splendip Crackers with Philadelphia Cheese and Sweet Chilli Sauce
Handful of Pretzels
Tea
2 Quorn Burgers, spread with Extra Light Cream Cheese and Hellman's Burger Sauce served with Lettuce, Onions in 2 Malted Rolls
1 Corn on the Cob
Snack
2 Glasses of Wine

Exercise
20 Min. LTT Powerhouse DVD Workout
15 Min. Walk
(Nursery)

Review
Not bad but not good for snacks either. Exercise could have been better.
Rating = :rolleyes:

Wednesday 8th September 2010

Weigh In: 16 Stone 9 lbs

Breakfast
Slimfast Vanilla Milkshake
Snack
Light Choices Apple and Raisin Slices
Lunch
12 99% Crackers, Extra Light Cream Cheese, Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce
Snack
Handful of Pretzels
Tea
Pepper Stir Fry Veg, Mini Corn and Mange Tout, Mung Beans, Rice Noodles, Hoisin and Sweet Onion Stir Fry Sauce, Frylight Wok Stirfry Spray
Snack
Handful of Salted Popcorns
Apple

Exercise
10 Min. LTT Advanced Workout DVD
5 Min. Shakeweight DVD Workout
25 Min. Walk
(School)

Review
Enjoyed my meals today. Exercise was okay as well.

is that a 2lb loss I see? :D

Only 1lb I'm afraid, but definitely not disappointed with that. I think that's been my downfall with every other diet I've done, that I expect too much, want it to work miracles and undo the result of years of binge eating and no exercise overnight. So, this time around, I'm really trying not to care about how fast the weight comes off. I did last month, spurred on by how much I lost in my first month on Xenical, but I've realised that it's got to be a change of lifestyle, so it's going to take it's time. Any loss is good. As long as I keep losing. Sorry for the rant :D Just felt I needed to add that in here - for future reference, if I'm bugging about being at a plateau or something.

Thursday 9th September 2010

Breakfast
2 1/2 Wholemeal Pancakes (Wholemeal Plain Flour, Egg Whites, Skimmed Milk and Water) fried in Frylight
Served with Light Choices Natural Yogurt mixed with Maple Syrup
Lunch
Subway Chicken Breast Salad - Chicken Breast, Iceburg Lettuce, Gherkin, Sweetcorn, Olives, Peppers, Sweet Onion and Sweet Chilli Sauce
Snack
A couple of leftover oven baked chips my brother left on his plate
Tea
Light Choices Cheese and Broccoli Pasta with Sweetcorn, Spinach and Roast Potatoes (baked with Frylight) served with Mint Jelly (Yum Yum! :p)
Snack
1/2 a Mini Bottle of Light Choices Wine mixed with Lemonade
1 White Choccie Magnum Ice Lolly

Exercise
45 Min. Walking
20 Min. LTT Powerhouse Workout (with extra weights work)
15 Min. Freestyle Abs Workout (just jumbling together all the ab exercise I knew)
(2 Hr. Driving Lesson - Not really sure it classes as exercise, but controlling the clutch for 2 hrs usually makes my legs feel like jelly when getting out the car and I'm exhausted by the end of it)

Review
I wasn't up for pretty much all of the morning... so very lazy then, but I quickly managed to knacker myself out in the afternoon. Funny, after the magnum in the evening (which has been calling from the freezer all week - surprised I kept myself restrained for so long) I wasn't hungry at all, which is rather weird for me... usually It's all I can think about during the evenings... food food food. I think I was literally too tired to obsess over it, too exhausted to get up. I'm not optimistic enough to hope it would become a habit from today on... ah, we can all dream. Anyway, relatively happy with exercise, made me sweat... then as my midriff felt neglected, I figured I'd give it a bit of a workout. Hope it pays off!

Last edited:
Friday 10th September 2010

Breakfast
Petit Filous Big Pot Strawberry Yogurt
Snack
WW Mini Choc Chip Cookies
1 Mini Choc Chip Muffin
Lunch
2 WW Wholemeal Pitta Bread stuffed with a can of Tuna Flakes in Brine mixed with Extra Light Salad Cream and Sweetcorn
Snack
Light Choices Potato Thins
Tea
WW Beef Raviolli and 2 Tesco Finest Beef Cannelloni Tubes
Light Choices Apple and Raisin Slices
Vitamin Water Power C

Exercise
1 Hr. Walk
(Work and Nursery - utterly exhausting)

Review
I ache, I'm not sure if it's from the exercise last night but I seem to have pulled a muscle in my inner thigh, where the pain has now spread all along my hip... and I'm looking forward to sleeping to make it feel all better. Food could have been better, I was a bit discouraged this morning, which was silly of me, but from the exercise and my okay-ness with food I expected to see some sort of result on the scales, but it seems I've put on a lb... which I absolutely do not wish to take into consideration and will not change my details for, but I was a little disappointed, I know it's not a race, I just like feeling in control, like I know what will make me see results... but apparently not. I dunno if to be happy or not. Hmm. It's a lb more, don't like gaining... it'll soon be off again though.
Rating = :sigh:

Last night I tried writing this entry and the page refreshed and I managed to lose all that I'd written, as I had put down quite a lot, I was a bit frustrated, it was late and so today I'm going to put down the past 3 days I've missed.
Saturday was my day off, so very lazy, no exercise and we went out to celebrate my mum's birthday, so didn't exactly stick to diet. Here's just the basic menu.

Breakfast: Big pot of Petit Filous with a White Choc Chip Cereal Bar
Lunch: Light Choices Creamy Mushroom Pasta with Mango Chutney
Dinner: Italian Restaurant: Garlic Bread for Starters, Spaghetti with Baby Clams in a Tomato and Garlic Sauce for Main and Birthday Cake (2 squares of a Vanilla Traybake) for dessert
3/4 bottle of Rose Wine (slightly impaired my judgement over further food)
Supper: Dominos: 1/2 a large Vegetable Supreme with BBQ Base, half fat cheese and a regular crust.

Sunday 12th September 2010

Breakfast
Slimfast Vanilla Milkshake
Lunch
Tuna and Prawn Sushi x 2
Tea
2 Eggs, 2 Pieces of Nimble and 4 Small Rings of Black Pudding Fried in Frylight, 2 Turkey Rashers and 2 Light Choices Sausages Grilled and Light Choices Baked Beans served with plenty of no added salt or sugar Tomato sauce and a pot of tea with sweetener and skimmed milk
Dessert
Shape White Choc Dessert Yogurt
About 200g of Strawberries

Exercise
30 Min. Walk

Monday 13th September 2010

Breakfast
2 Tesco Value Fromage Frais Pots plus 1 small glass of Light Choices Orange Juice with added Calcium
Lunch
Light Choices Chicken Tikka Masala Ready Meal with Uncle Bens Wholegrain Rice
Tea
4 Quorn Sausages Baked, 3 Small Finger Rolls, Diced Onions Dry Fried, a handful of McCain Rustic Oven Chips and Hellman's Burger Sauce
Dessert
Shape White Chocolate Dessert Yogurt

Exercise
30 Min. Walk
(Nursery)

Review
I don't think I've been bad with food, definitely could have done more exercise but I haven't been feeling 100%. Had such a bad back yesterday.
Rating = :eek:

I find alcohol impairs my judgement in many ways :D

Lol, Purple_Kathryn, but it tastes sooooo good.

Tuesday 14th September 2010

Breakfast
1 Ski Smooth Strawberry Yogurt and 1 Pot of Tesco Value Fromage Frais
Snack
WW Mini Choc Chip Cookie Pack
Lunch
WW Tomato and Basil Soup with 2 Slices of Bread spread lightly with Extra Light Mayo
Tea
6 small Taco shells filled with Extra Lean Steak Mince (drained of excess oil), Taco Seasoning, Lettuce, Tomato Salsa and Extra Light Mayo
Snack
Couple handfuls of Popcorn (partner had a whole bag to himself, and I couldn't resist when he offered)
A few Grapes
1/2 a Freshly Baked Choc Chip Cookie (mmm - I really can't help myself when they smelt so good)

Exercise
15 Min. Claire Sweeney's WW Perfect Fit Workout DVD

Review
Snacked a bit too much during the evening, was trying so hard not to have any popcorn... I think it made it so much worse when I'd just had one, I remembered how it tasted, was lovely. Not good. I don't feel too bad about exercise, just didn't get any walking done, was off from nursery today because I felt rubbish this morning and didn't want to make it worse by going out for a long walk. Feel much better this evening, so back to School tomorrow. Taco's were yummy :p
Rating = :angeldevil:

the tacos sound yummy! ive not had those in ages!!!! YUM YUM!!

you seem to be doing really well!! keep it up!

Back