Tall and fat! New to EE and in need of help and support!- My ramblings xx

O wow youre all fab with the cheese ideas!
Yeah I should make some soup youre right, I didnt even get to try any of the pepper one the OH and mother managed to eat it all lol!

I was going to have a go at making some of the pancakes but we havent got any quork left! Booooo
x

Hello hello,

Well ive had a manic day today doing loads of random things all at once and taking forever.
In between it all I made some cherry muffins- syn free and rather yummy.
Breakfast muffins (mushrooms, ham, onion etc with egg) - these are also apparently gorgeous but I dont like eggs lol
Leek and potatoe soup umm umm umm

There is currently a calleloni in the over and im having it with roasties!

Busy lil bee.

Thinking I may try to make the roulade tonight too but a choc and cherry version! x

Hello hello,

The calalonni thing was ok but I found it rather bland - does anyone else make it and add anything extra to the filling?

I tried to make the roulade - I couldnt get the egg whites to go all stiff so just bunged it in anyway! Whipped the fromage frais with a drinking choc thing. I got the cake bit out of the oven and it looked and smelled amazing! I left it to cook then spread the choc filling (OMG it tasted amazing - would it be wrong to consume tubs of just this???) then sprinkled the cherries on and rolled up. I must admit it looked good and like a real cake!

So me and my dear mum sat down to try it and I cant believe it was FANTASTIC! Like honestly, really really nice.

HOWEVER danger danger! I then realised that I didnt use f.f I used half fat creme fraiche!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now im panicing. Have I accidentally ruined it all?!
Ladies, men anyone out there HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ingredients:
100g quark
4 eggs
5 tablespoons granulated sweetener
1 teaspoon baking powder (0.5 syns)
2 x 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
200g fromage frais
fruit of your choice, or you could use jam (2 syns per tablespoon)
Method:

1. Separate the eggs and beat the whites until stiff
  2. In another bowl, mix the yolks, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, baking powder, quark and 4 tablespoons of the sweetener
  3. Whisk half of the egg whites into the yolks mixture, then carefully fold in the rest
  4. Pour mixture into a tray lined with baking paper. Bake in a pre-heated 180C oven for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked
  5. Mix the fromage frais, 1 tablespoon sweetener and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  6. Spread the fromage frais mixture over the cooled cake and top with fruit (I used 150g raspberries) or jam
  7. Roll up and serve

well my consultant said that its got loads of syns in, but a post on here says there are hardly any so im not too sure.
O well its done now, ive had to just draw a line under it.

Sat I was good, made a cooked breakfast with LM sausages, scrambled egg, beans and a piece of toast. I was manic and running around all day so just had 2 oranges and a muller greek yogurt, then managed some leek and potate soup on the night, I went to the cinema and took some frozen raspberries with me to munch on so I resisted the popcorn!

Today I had grilled chicken breast, spicy rice and corn on the cob, then a sandwich with ham and rocket.

I dont think im eating enough which is a concern as its weigh in on tuesday. It hasnt been hard but ill be gutted if I havent lost anything!

Any last min tips for me?? Anyone still reading my ramblings? x

Im going to have to try and drink litres tomorrow and tuesday lol.
What do you have as your normal SF?x

how do you fit it in though do you just have meat and veg for every meal? that sounds thick I know but hope you understand what I mean x

Jezzi you clever thing you! I was thinking about casserole/stew type things what do you do about gravy? Im used to having lovely thick bisto but im guessing that will be a million syns!

Frozen onions so in ALL of my meals lol. Also do you have an easy curry recipe? I tried the mushy pea one but was nearly sick lol x

I know its a little late but im still feeling like im not eating enough lol so im going to try to eat loads today.
Ive had muller light yog this morning with frozen cherries in, and now im eating porridge oats as my HEB but made with water so I can have milk for HEA through the day. Im going to have scrambled egg and smoked salmon about 12. thats as far as ive got so far lol.

But going to have a go at an oven baked risotto later, ive done one before but it was before SW so had lots of milk in it was yummy but obv not appropriate now! thinking tomatoe, quornchicken, peppers, onions, leeks and bacon. x

When I so casseroles I use passata to thicken it up which it does and its superfree. :)

Hello
I am 24 and rejoined last week my first weigh is Thursday!! ....Nervous! It's the first time i have ever joined a forum like this but it's amazing reading all the food diaries and success stories its gives me loads of encouragement! and BTW craig you look brilliant good on you :) x

Hello
I am 24 and rejoined last week my first weigh is Thursday!! ....Nervous! It's the first time i have ever joined a forum like this but it's amazing reading all the food diaries and success stories its gives me loads of encouragement! and BTW craig you look brilliant good on you :) x

Hi Hun welcome to Minimins good luck for weigh in thurs xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Aww good luck babe (Sharon) ! Everyone says SW is the way forward.

I made the tomatoe risotto this evening (tomatoe, peppers, onions, leeks and chicken quorn) it was v v bland so ended up adding lots of salt and pepper which I always think is a shame.

Im planning on making a mince and dumpling type thing, but with millions of veg in so like a casserole with mince (quorn) instead of normal. Can anyone give me a recipe?? (Cat or Hollys nan?)

Ive read on here ppl using couscous or smash for dumplings?? anyone tried or got any other ideas?

Im getting weighed tomorrow for the FIRST time and im bricking it (scared) I really dont think ive lost anything! x
x

Im short & fat, soon to be not so fat I hope I have been on weightwatchers on & off for 2 years lost 3 stone put most of it back on :cry:But I went to class tonight for the first time with Slimming World, Wow what a difference the leader was so nice as were the group so Im reallly confident that I can do it. I did SW many years ago so know it works. I have over 7st to lose but this is the time that I may actually do it. Jut trying to get my head round extra easy instead of Red/Green that I had done before. & Craig A what an insperation :wow:

Im getting weighed tonight ekkkk first weigh in... I can feel the dread creeping in! Im getting my hair cut this afternoon and seriously considering a bob (its currently rather long) in the hope itll loose me a lb or 2!

Urghh if ive STS or put on ill be bloody gutted!

What do ppl do on weigh in days? Eat, not eat? Drink, dont drink?x

I ate lightly- tried not to have dinner before but as weigh in isn't til half seven I was starving so had a pasta n sauce around half four. I only lost a pound so glad I didn't eat dinner or I would have STS!!! good luck for tonight

Aww good luck babe (Sharon) ! Everyone says SW is the way forward.

I made the tomatoe risotto this evening (tomatoe, peppers, onions, leeks and chicken quorn) it was v v bland so ended up adding lots of salt and pepper which I always think is a shame.

Im planning on making a mince and dumpling type thing, but with millions of veg in so like a casserole with mince (quorn) instead of normal. Can anyone give me a recipe?? (Cat or Hollys nan?)

Ive read on here ppl using couscous or smash for dumplings?? anyone tried or got any other ideas?

Im getting weighed tomorrow for the FIRST time and im bricking it (scared) I really dont think ive lost anything! x
x

well i dont use quorn but what about a shepherds pie recipe (syn free) that you could make with quorn instead of mince

Quorn is lovely especially with some lea n perrings or soy sauce :p or for a quick but tasty meal i use a packet of savoury rice whichever one i have, add some passata, the water with a stock cub my fav is beef one add onions, mushrooms, peppers, sweetcorn, chilli flakes if you like, whatever you have really, then add quorn or whatever you want to mix with it, or just have it as a side,really tasty and my fav thing to make when i have nothing else :D

Back