Team 40 - Christmas 2023

AliGal 40lbs to lose
Kittywinks 40lbs to lose
Halley 3lb lost, 37lbs to go
Tipperary 4.6kg lost, 13.4kg to go
Trini85 - 1.4lbs lost, 38.6lbs to lose
Fayesnan - 1.5lb on 29.5lbs to lose
Zafira 0 lost 70 lb to lose 🤞🤞

I haven't disappeared,I just haven't lost anything.Well I had a gain over Easter, a wedding and three birthdays but I've lost the gain officially now and back on track Hopefully will have a loss to report on Friday

Looking at my stats, it would be amazing to get to a 10% loss

AliGal 40lbs to lose
Kittywinks 40lbs to lose
Tipperary 5.6kg lost, 12.4kg to go

Im back on track and have lost a kilo this week😂👍

Finally on the move again though it took a while. And hoping in about 2 weeks to become more active again as have had procedure on my hip to should improve my mobility. Though looking at my stats we only have half the year left. How is everyone else doing @AliGal @Kittywinks @Halley @Trini85 @Fayesnan @Zafira

AliGal 40lbs to lose
Kittywinks 40lbs to lose
Tipperary 6.2kg lost, 11.8kg to go

All are welcome to the Team 40 Christmas challenge. First weigh-in this week. You can join this challenge at anytime.

The goal is to lose 40lbs by Christmas 2022. WE CAN DO THIS!!

Past Team 50 challenge members who are maintaining or have less than 40lbs to goal are welcome to join. Please list your total loss to inspire us and join us reporting in weekly.

To join in simply copy the list of names and add yours then post it.

I'l start:

AliGal 40lbs to lose.

Hey there! When it comes to burning fat naturally, there are a few things you can do. Let me break it down for you in a laid-back and informal tone.

1. Get movin': Regular exercise is key to burning fat. Find activities you enjoy, like dancing, jogging, or even playing a sport. Mix it up to keep things interesting and get your heart rate pumping.
  2. Clean up your plate: Pay attention to what you eat. Opt for whole, unprocessed foods like fruits, veggies, lean meats, and whole grains. Skip the sugary snacks and processed junk that can pack on the pounds.
  3. H2O is your buddy: Don't forget to hydrate! Drinking plenty of water helps keep your metabolism running smoothly and can even curb your appetite. Plus, it's calorie-free, so you can sip guilt-free.
  4. Sleep like a boss: A good night's sleep is crucial for fat loss. When you're well-rested, your body functions better, and it's easier to make healthier choices throughout the day. So catch those Z's like a champ.
  5. HIIT it up: High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is a fantastic way to burn fat in a short amount of time. It involves alternating between intense bursts of exercise and short recovery periods. It's intense but effective!
  6. Manage stress: Stress can wreak havoc on your waistline. Find healthy ways to manage it, whether it's through meditation, yoga, or indulging in a hobby you love. Don't let stress be the boss of you.
  7. Don't forget strength training: Building muscle is awesome for fat burning. Incorporate some strength training exercises into your routine, like lifting weights or doing bodyweight exercises. It'll help you sculpt a leaner physique.
Remember, everyone's journey is different, so what works for someone else may not work for you. Listen to your body, be consistent, and stay positive. And most importantly, have fun along the way! Good luck on your fat-burning adventure!

Half a kilo for me this week, the losses are getting less now but still moving in the right direction.

AliGal 40lbs to lose
Kittywinks 40lbs to lose
Tipperary 6.7kg lost, 11.3kg to go
Zafira 0 lost 70 lb to lose 🤞

Hi. I’m restarting tomorrow & would like to join the challenge if that’s ok. I will start another diary once I can work out how to do it again 🙄😄

AliGal 40lbs to lose
Kittywinks 40lbs to lose
Susie58 0 lost 40lb to lose

I am definitely in. I have 40 pounds to lose and my goal is by Christmas as it is, so this is perfect!

AliGal 40lbs to lose
Kittywinks 38lbs to lose
Tipperary 3.1kg lost, 14.9kg to go
Trini85 - 40lbs to lose
Jié Xī 40lbs to lose

Great to see more people join.
Hi @Jié Xī , I'm just reposting the list as you had posted an old one with some people missing. Sorry I don't have special characters on my phone so don't have your name fully correct

AliGal 40lbs to lose
Kittywinks 40lbs to lose
Jie Xi 40lbs

No worries. How odd...I must not have been on the right page.

AliGal 40lbs to lose
Kittywinks 40lbs to lose
Jié Xī 40lbs to lose

Only 200g this week but I'm counting it.😅
And I am at my lowest weight in 5 years.
I psychologically want to go below 74kg, it's when the difference is obvious and I start to get a waist

AliGal 40lbs to lose
Kittywinks 40lbs to lose
Tipperary 6.9kg lost, 11.1kg to go
Jié Xī 40lbs to lose

Only 200g this week but I'm counting it.😅
And I am at my lowest weight in 5 years.
I psychologically want to go below 74kg, it's when the difference is obvious and I start to get a waist
Really well done. Great achievement.

Morning, I've had an overnight Whooshie of 800g lost so counting it quick😅

AliGal 40lbs to lose
Kittywinks 40lbs to lose
Tipperary 7.7kg lost, 10.3kg to go
Jié Xī 40lbs to lose

So, my weight is not moving at all. I'm very frustrated considering all the hiking I've done and all the rubbish I cut out. I have hypothyroidism so will call my doctor in the morning to order blood work to see if I need the dosage increased.

You could be still adjusting to it so don't give up yet. But a trip to your GP is a good idea either way.

I did an intermittent fast yesterday (stopped eating after supper yesterday, which means I skipped 1-2 snacks (usually fruit and maybe a small bag of veggie straws or 1/2 a grilled chicken sandwich) and desert (usually a couple blocks of 90% dark chocolate). The scale hadn't budged for over a week or so after starting my diet and hiking/strength training/10,000+steps so I was getting discouraged. (It actually went up a pound after the weekend, despite my not drinking or eating any dessert but dark chocolate).

But...I saw a 2.2 drop this morning after fasting. Yay!

But...not sure what that means. Real fat loss? Water loss? My body: "Oh, she's serious about actually losing weight, so I guess I drop a pound or two" loss?

If anyone is wondering why I have 2 snacks or chicken and a dessert AFTER supper, it's because I don't go to bed until 2 am. I get up around 9 am and I don't get hungry until around 1 or 2. So except for my morning coffee which has sugar free creamer and splenda, my eating window is typically 1pm to 11pm. So it's not nearly as bad as it sounds, lol. In fact, cutting out my 1/2 chicken sandwich "snack" is why I was so hungry last night and why I am not really looking forward to doing it again if it's not even real fat loss. But maybe since I'm now 45 I'll have to do an intermittent fast once or twice a week. I did the 5:2 plan before...I liked the concept, but can't remember if I lost while on it or not. Probably not, but mainly because I eat too much rubbish on the weekends. Now that I'm more focused on keeping weekend eating under control, the 5:2 (or if I am lucky 6:1) will work for me.

AliGal 40lbs to lose
Kittywinks 40lbs to lose
Jié Xī 1.2lb lost, 38.8 to lose

A 2lb loss for this week.I need to up my water intake.

AliGal 40lbs to lose
Kittywinks 40lbs to lose
Susie58: 2lb lost 38lb to lose
Jié Xī 1.2lb lost, 38.8 to lose

Back