Tequila's diary

Thanks and I am well prepared for a leisurely reefed. I'm going to take a 10 day refeed and follow it to the letter. I think I'm even consuming less than when on plan actually - but hey ho - I'm going to have an apple in a bit - what a treat! haha

Well I think I've gone mad! Yesterday I had a v stressful day -busy at work (had to take kids in with me) and when I got home there was a packet of opened biscuits on the table and I ate one! After 2bites I realised it wasn't all that nice so I gave it to the dog but half an hour later I did it again!!! So I ate 2x half biscuits and then a chocolate! What's going on? I stopped then and logged it all in my fitness pal which was v good. I sacrificed my tea for it (had a pack instead) so total calls for the day were around 650 so I'm hoping no harm done. Then woke up today to find I've lost a pound. Ha...doesn't make sense does it. I've just realised too that I'm out at a wedding tomorrow so have little control over the food there, PLUS it's our wedding anniversary so he's thinking of staying over at the hotel...how I'll be able to stick to the refeed I don't know. I guess I'll just have to make good choices. But I really want a drink...*stamps foot on the floor like a petulant toddler*...it's not fair I've worked really hard and I want to enjoy this weekend...
now I know I just need to adjust my mindset -so instead of thinking about what I'm missing out on, I need to enjoy what I'm taking care of, and that's my figure, my heart, my new wardrobe etc so I must start thinking like a different person.
I must say that my fitness pal is an amazing app, totally recommend it for logging food...it has all the sns packs on there and all the carbs too...really useful.

Thought it might be useful to have an update. I had originally planned on refeeding properly & then doing sns for 2 days a week. Turns out that I couldn't even do the refeed...I did it for a few days, then totally enjoyed all the things I'd been denied for a few months - chocolate, bread, chocolate, fruit, crisps, chocolate, cakes, biscuits, chocolate etc...
I did put on 4 - 5 lbs of water weight, which I know isn't fat although it is alarming to see the scales go up again. But then I put my head in the sand and totally ignored it. Until last Sunday, when I finally weighed myself. Then I saw that I'd put on a further 4 lbs which cannot be attributed to water/glycogen. So, I've reintroduced the packs. This is day 3. I'm v hungry. I reckon I'll lose it in a couple of weeks - so a VLCD seems quite drastic for just 2 weeks, but I know it works, tastes good & is fast - so that's what I'm doing. One positive thing to say is that I won't have to pay for any packs. Since losing so much weight in such a brief time, so many people have asked me how I've done it - I've referred people to SNS left, right and centre! So all those referral fees have stacked up in my account & I reckon I'll get a full weeks worth of packs for nothing. yay!
I hope everyone else is finding it as painless as I did (really, its just your brain telling you that you want those things - you know you just need to say no & say no again) and I also hope that my honesty with the weight gain afterwards is going to help someone out there. I think - as soon as you see it go on - get it off again - don't make excuses. Its not worth it, you're just kidding yourself really. xxx

Another update for you. I've totally enjoyed Christmas, new year, Valentine's with baileys, wine, minstrels, maltesers, Galaxy, Pringles, pizza, McDonald's, garlic bread, toast, toasties, sandwiches, cakes, brownies, cookies, nuts, licorice all sorts, baguettes with butter and Boursin, flapjacks -and guess what? I gained weight! Haha....
So after I couldn't do up my jeans, I summoned up the courage to weigh myself and the scales read 13st 11 lbs. well I was horrified. That was 10 days ago. I immediately went back on sns simplicity and weighed in at 12st 11lbs this morning so obv am pleased to have got that first stone off so quickly.im hoping to get another 20lb off by May 10th so only 5-6 weeks on plan I guess. I shall visit here from time to time to update you - watch this space. Those size 12s have got plenty of wear left in them!

Thanks honey. Oh, and I think that I was unhappy last time with the hair loss. When I got below 11.11 it started falling out & didn't stop until my refeed. It was really bad - I was left with bald patches. So I know that its a side effect of a ketogenic diet, but it happened when I got that low with slimming world once too. So I've decided to get to 11.11, get my BMI to 25, and then just see. I am fairly happy with what I look like now to be honest, I look fine & I'm in my 12s again. But another half a stone off would be perfect. I just don't like seeing the 12s on the scales.
So not entirely sure if the hair loss will happen again, but I'm taking no chances: If I have to just exercise more, then I'll have to do that. It's growing back now but its all tufty and weird! If only it would fall out of my legs and armpits, instead of my head!!!

Back