The 100lb Diary

Hoz

Silver Member
Hi Everyone! I started slimming world in January, a little (ok a lot) disappointed with myself at my first weigh in - I've let myself get 7 stone overweight and in a VERY short space of time (I managed to gain 6 stone in 14 months, eek). Anyhow I thought I'd round up the 7 stone to a round 100lbs, that will put me at 9st 6lb, a nice healthy weight for someone my height.
The first few sessions have been good, losing a bit slower than I'd like for the last 3 weeks but that is entirely my fault as I've gone over on syns so much. This week I decided to use my syns on a weekly rather than daily basis though and this seems better for me, I don't feel like I've blown it for having a few too many drinks on Saturday night and so far I'm on 92 (out of 105) and I get weighed Friday morning. Also I know I shouldn't really be using them but my scales are saying I've lost this week :)

So today I decided on an SP day and here's how it went -
Breakfast - Vegetable & soya mince lasagne with butternut squash lasagne sheets, served with salad (1.5 syns of reduced fat cheddar)
Lunch - Steak with mushrooms, tomatoes, squaffles and salad
Dinner - Poached egg with 2x bacon medallions, mushrooms, tomatoes and 1 slice of wholemal toast (1/2 heb)
Snacks - Tangerines x2, 40g honey nut shredded wheat (heb) + (hea) tea & coffee, and a hifi light salted caramel (1/2 heb), quark mixed with options (1/2 syn) and a cup of chocolate orange options (1.5 syns)

So loads of S and P, and 3.5 syns in total, happy with that.

SP day again today as its weigh in tomorrow. I've really badly wanted chocolate and full fat cheese for the last couple of days, thanks monthly hormones! But not given in so hoping to finally get my 1/2 stone award tomorrow.
Chicken stir fry for breakfast
Steak and veg for lunch
Dinner was 40g mini chocolate Weetabix and 2 hi-fi lights (2 heb)
Hea was skimmed milk in cereal and hot drinks.
For snacks I had quark with highlights, 2 tangerines, and a cup of options so 2.5 syns today, weekly total is 95.

Got 3lbs off at my weigh in today :D finally got that half stone award :stickdance: 4.5lbs to go for the next one!

Food wise I've had
Breakfast - Overnight oats with berries (heb)
Lunch - Shepherds pie with salad, not entirely sure what was in it as it's one of my batch cooks from a few weeks back and I don't label them (the other day I was really looking forward to the fish pie I'd taken out the freezer, serious disappointment when it turned out to be a veggie mince shepherds pie) :rolleyes: Definitely free on SW though, I don't freeze synned meals for this exact reason. Perhaps I should buy some labels?
Dinner - I've made pasta back with loads of speed veg, synned 10g of reduced fat cheddar on that, really fancied pasta with creamy sauce so fried some onions and garlic, in frylight of course, added stock then whisked in loads of quark, hopefully it wont disappoint!
Snacks have been a weight watchers banoffee layed fromage frais (0.5 syns), a baked potato ( I keep chopped ones in the fridge for quick carb hits, better than crisps!) a little bit of tuna and a muller light, 3 hot drinks so guessing 100ml of skimmed milk (2 syns)
Anyhow, syns for today - 4, leaves plenty for a Saturday night drink tomorrow without cutting back too far sunday!
Just had a carton of Alpro chocolate soya milk for hea, never had it before but really nice, will definitely be changing my milk for one of those again!

Edit - forgot to mention a lady in my group got her 7-1/2 stone award today! Amazing and great inspiration/motivation!

Last edited:
Having a nice chilled Saturday I think. Got a cauliflower pizza crust in the over, looking forward to that for a late breakfast/lunch, not sure what toppings to put on yet.
And a batch of egg muffins cooking in there with it although I haven't thought those through properly, I've made 10 and used 10g of reduced fat cheddar (1.5 syns) for the lot, not sure how to syn 1 gram of cheddar per muffin? I suppose 1/2 syn for 3 is roughly right? Guess I'll just have to eat 3 at a time :confused:
Haven't planned any other meals yet but tbh I never do, as long as I have a few choices for SW meals in the fridge I'm pretty good.

I'll start uploading pics of food at some point :)

Last edited:
A bit down today - last night I went totally off plan, first time I've eaten things I shouldn't since starting :( I'd planned 30 syns for alcohol which I stuck to but pinched a bit of OH's garlic bread, a slice of his pork pie, had some real butter on a jacket potato etc. I'm still logging food on mfp so I don't forget foods (yesterday came out at 2600 cals) so I know I haven't totally sabotaged myself but I have stuffed up my weekly syns as I had 60 last night.
I don't think I can make 41 syns last the rest of the whole week. I guess Ill just try to keep to 10 or less a day and hope for the best :banghead:

Well I'm ashamed to say yesterday was also a right off. Not going to dwell on it though, back to SP days 100% and move on :)

So far today I've had:
Breakfast - 2 poached eggs, 2 bacon medallions, loads of mushrooms, 2 grilled tomatoes, 1/2 tin of beans and 1 slice of toast (1/2 heb)
Lunch - I had steak (cats very grateful for the fatty bits I trimmed off), butternut squash chips, salad, bisto cauliflower cheese (1.5syns)
I've had a few coffees and one options hot chocolate and given myself a smaller milk allowance (4syns) which I'll syn so I can have a chocolate Aplro drink for my Hea.
Not decided what's for later yet, still got 1 and a 1/2 of my heb's to play with though.

Edit: For dinner I had a slice of toast (1/2 heb) with tomato puree and 10g reduced fat cheddar (1.5 syns) and a fruit salad of strawberries, raspberries and a satsuma with sweetened quark.
Snacks - Another options, about to have my 2 hifi bars (heb) and alpro chocolate soya milk (hea). And loads of sugar free squash, usually drink 2-3 litres a day.

Total syns for the day = 10

IMAG0103.jpg IMAG0104.jpg

I know the chips look burnt but they were still floppy! Tasted all right though :)

Last edited:
Yesterday was good :) went with SP again as I'm still worried about my weekend damage. Don't know what was wrong with me that's the first time I've really thrown the plan out the window since I started.
Breakfast - A homemade veggie lasagne (loads of speed in the tomato mix, butternut squash sheets instead of pasta) with 10g reduced fat cheese (1.5 syns)
Lunch - Steak with fat removed again (I bought a twin pack as it worked out cheaper so had to use it) and I'm finally getting the hang of cooking them how I like :) with butternut squash chips, mushrooms, tomatoes and salad. Made a dressing for the salad with Quark, salt, pepper, onion granules, garlic granules and balsamic vinegar. Not quite like any other dressing Ive had but still better than a dry salad.
Dinner - A BLT! 3 bacon medallions, salad leaves, tomato, 1 tbsp extra light mayo (1 syn) and 2 slices of wholemeal Nimble (heb)
Snacks - 2 mini quiches, a butterscotch options (1.5 syns), a fudge highlights (2 syns), quark with highlights(0.5 syns), a couple of coffees (2.5 syns for milk), and Alpro chocolate soya drink (HeA) and a hifi and alpen light (2nd HeB)

Total syns - 9

28.02.17.01.jpg 28.02.17.jpg

I haven't decided what's on the menu today, need to check the fridge first but might make an omelette for breakfast soon. Also the scales (I know I know I shouldn't be checking) are showing I'm heading the right way for Friday's weigh in :D

Here's some bonus pics (everyone likes photos) :D

I always take pics with the intention of posting to the facebook group but haven't done it as yet

IMAG0066.jpg IMAG0068.jpg IMAG0081.jpg IMAG0088.jpg IMAG0090.jpg IMAG0070.jpg IMAG0073.jpg IMAG0077.jpg IMAG0080.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0067.jpg
    IMAG0067.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 22
Another good day yesterday, starting to feel like I'm on a roll :D

Breakfast - I had an omelette with mushrooms, 1/2 a pepper and tomatoes
Lunch - Extra lean pork stir fry (loving the convenience of a pre packed stir fry mix)
Dinner - Had a little treat, shared a Tesco loaded pulled pork mac n cheese with OH (6.5 syns for half) and 2 slices of Nimble wholemeal (HeB)
Snacks - A butterscotch options (1.5 syns), 40g weetabix choc minis (2nd HeB), quark with options (0.5 syns), a few coffees, and 1, just one, Thorntons white chocolate caramel shortcake bite (3.5 syns). I have asked OH to hide the rest until I have spare syns though, better safe than sorry. My HeA was 350ml skimmed milk in coffee and cereal, didn't use it all so glugged the last of it before bed. Also had around 2.5 litres of no added sugar squash.
Total syns = 11
01.03.17.01.jpg 01.03.17.jpg

No idea yet what I'm putting on today's menu. It's my mums birthday so visiting her this evening and I'm going to be making a Slimming World recipe carrot cake (she does SW too, we go to the same group and its weigh in tomorrow so no ordinary cake here!) It should be 5.5 syns a slice so I'm sure 1 piece or even 2 will be fine ;)

Glad to see you're back on track. Forget about your day off, stuff happens. I had a pretty bad weekend but I had planned to (drinks with workmates on Friday night and an Indian takeaway Saturday night, then had the leftovers for lunch on Sunday) so I was expecting a gain this week and still lost nearly 1lb.

The only important thing is to get back on it and even if you have a slight gain you know the next week you'll have a good loss. Im out for lunch with my Dad next week so that's my next planned bad day (although I'll try not to be too bad) and after that I'm gonna be good until Easter when I will treat myself to a beast of an Easter Egg!

If I didn't plan these things in advance I don't think I would be able to stick to the plan in between. Last time I did SW I was having a chippy every week just after weigh in and I wondered why I wasn't losing every week. Doh!

Anyway, best of luck with it.

Thanks for your reply, I completely agree the most important thing is getting back to the plan, and not dwelling on the over indulgence. That was what knocked me off plan Sunday I think, I just didn't let go of the bad night before.
Well done on losing a lb after your weekend, that's really good going!
Planning definitely helps, last time I went out for a meal (was the day I joined slimming world actually not the best start was it) I checked out the menu online first, really helped. One of our friends continuously refilling my wine glass however, not so helpful lol. But I'd have had no idea what the best options were if that was the first time I saw the menu.
Ooo yes it's Easter soon isn't it, not too fussed on the big ones but I love the mini ones especially Galaxy. Are you off anywhere nice for lunch with your Dad?

Buttons eggs are my favourite but they're so small so I don't think that's gonna cut it for me. Maybe I'll just have 2, haha. There's a bar in town we will probably go to, I've checked out the menu and they do the chicken pizzas, as in the pizza with a chicken base, so might go for that. But I've got to have the garlic chips on the side, so that's my cheat for the day! No dessert though, they are huge and way too many syns!

My dad lives in Spain so I only see him once every few months, and me and my hubby aren't really into having meals out, so it is a genuine treat thing and I'm gonna enjoy it.

I haven't been to class this time around so don't know much about the SP plan but it sounds like a good way to pull things back around. Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow, I'm sure you'll be fine though, and if there is a slight gain at least you know where it's come from.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to reply yesterday - the chicken pizza sounds good! Aww if you don't get to do it often you should definitely just enjoy it without worrying about SW :)

Yesterday was a bit hit and miss, I had salmon, scrambled eggs, 1 nimble toast, mushrooms and tomatoes for breakfast so that was ok.
Didn't have a lot for lunch, one slice of nimble with a little bit of light soft cheese and salmon.
Dinner, erm mum wanted pizza. I was starving as didn't really eat much for lunch so had 2 slices, no idea on syns but 400 kcals on Domino's website and a very small piece of cake that was about 11 syns. I was fairly happy as before SW I'd NEVER have stopped at 2 slices, nearer 5 plus sides probably. When I got home later I had weetabix to make up my heathy extras but nothing else.
Once again I checked my cals for the day as I didn't know my total syns and it came out at 1514 so not feeling too bad over it.

02.03.17.jpg

Obviously I didn't take pics of dinner ;)

Anyway, off to group now!

Haha, I know what you mean, even when I'm being bad I'm still nowhere near as bad as I used to be every day! So that's progress...

I track calories on my phone too, on days off work I'm usually around 1500, but when I'm working it's closer to 1900 or 2000. I put in a day of what I used to eat just to see and it was over 4000 calories, although that was probably like my worst day. Pretty scary though!

So how did you get on at weigh in? Got my fingers crossed for you!

Definitely! It's the little changes like being less bad that make the long term difference in the end.
I'm so glad it's not just me! I always feel like someone's going to tell me off for tracking calories because half the point in SW is not having to track/weigh/measure most of the food! I know what you mean about what you used to eat, I dread to think what my diet last year did to my body, I'm sure on the weekends I was putting away several thousand cals a day.

Weigh in was good thanks, I lost 2lbs! So just 2.5lbs to go for my 1 stone award. Getting back on SP after the weekend must have worked :)

While I've got a post open I'll update for the day, been good so far no syns yet so perhaps a drink later as it's Friday. At lunch I cooked my chicken breast (which is still in date) and when I cut it up it smelled a bit funny, not certain it was off but not sure it wasn't! Luckily found a bag of quorn in the freezer as had nothing else protein wise.
Breakfast (kind of) - didn't have it til the afternoon as I don't like to eat before weigh in, much as yesterdays: salmon, scrambled egg, tomatoes and mushrooms, a side of beans. 1 slice nimble toast (1/2 HeB)
Snack - tangerine
Lunch - Edamame bean stir fry with bbq seasoned quorn chicken pieces
Dinner - not had yet as didn't eat til late in the day but I'll be making a cauliflower crust pizza shortly with the rest of the bbq quorn. I might make this for group taster next week, I like to make veggie friendly things for them as mum's a veggie and never seems to be much she can try bless her.

edit - forgot pics

03.03.17.01.jpg 03.03.17.jpg

Ah congrats on the 2lb loss, that is fantastic! Enjoy your drink, you've earned it.

Ive got a ripple for tonight and had chorizo carbonara for dinner so I'm possibly slightly over syns, but sure, it's Friday!

Hope you have a good weekend...

I really didn't feel like I deserved the 2lb off, I guess where I'm so overweight for my height I can get away with a bit of naughtiness and still lose. Hope you have a good weekend too :)

Ok so for Friday I didn't have the cauliflower pizza in the end, just didn't fancy it by the time it had cooked so here's how the day turned out -
Breakfast - salmon, scrambled egg, tomatoes and mushrooms, a side of beans. 1 slice nimble toast (1/2 HeB)
Lunch - Edamame bean stir fry with bbq seasoned quorn chicken pieces
Dinner - Weetabix chocolate minis (HeB) and milk (HeA)
Snacks - tangerine, hifi light (1/2 HeB), 5 shots of rum mixed with sugar free fizzy drink (12.5 syns) and a couple of coffees from my milk allowance.
Total syns = 12.5
And a picture of the cauliflower pizza that I'll be having tomorrow instead
03.03.17.02.jpg

Not had time to update over the weekend - it was a busy one! We got a new (well 2nd hand but new to me) sofa on Saturday. We only had a stupid tiny 2 seater in the living room before and this one is a 5 seat corner sofa it's so much better :) My friend came over that day too and ended up staying the night so I couldn't really be unsociable by posting on here. Normally when we get together we have takeaway, chocolates, cake etc all kinds of junk but we were really good - I made us steak and veg for dinner, we had a few drinks but snack wise only shared 1 sugar free chocolate bar and had a couple of gullon cookies. On Sunday we went out for a 5 mile walk over the country park.

Feeling a bit disheartened this morning though, my scales have not budged. TOTM has started yesterday and coupled with Saturdays food I'm not feeling optimistic about a loss :(
Anyway here's the last few days as far as the SW plan goes.

Saturday
Breakfast- mushrooms, tomatoes, bacon medallions, beans, toast (1/2 HeB)
Dinner- Steak medallion, butternut squash chips, salad, mushrooms, tomatoes
Evening/snacks - a few drinks, not sure how much we each had so I can't work it out from whats in the bottle, 3 gullon cookies, some no added sugar chocolate.
(I didn't have time for 3 meals, and I didn't get any more Hex's in)
Total syns - Unsure, possibly 40?

Sunday (I had a slight hangover and was really craving sugar as you can see from my snacks!)
Breakfast - half the cauliflower crust pizza I made on Friday and a muller light
Lunch - Steak medallion, mushrooms, salad, bisto mac n cheese (2.5 syns)
Dinner - Other half of the mac n cheese, a slice of nimble (1/2 HeB) followed by strawberries and raspberries with a vanilla muller light.
Snacks - Chocolate alpro (HeA),2x hifi lights (HeB), 2x oreo thin (3 syns) 1x gullon cookie (2 syns), 100ml skimmed milk (2 syns), a weight watchers caramel fromage frais (0.5 syns). My friend also made us some sugar fee hot chocolate before our walk, I've guessed 2 syns for almond milk and cocoa powder as I only had half a cup.
Also munched 1/2 a can of beans straight from the fridge when I got home as I was starving.
Total syns - 12

Monday
Breakfast - Edamame bean stir fry with chicken breast
Lunch - Tenderstem broccoli stir fry with chicken breast (my chicken and stir fry's both had use by's for today, boring!)
Dinner - BLT, bacon medallions, lettuce, tomato, 2 nimble (HeB) 2 tbsp extra light mayo (2 syns)
Snacks - 1 slice nimble toast (1/2 HeB) with BBQ beans and mushrooms, 2x quark and highlights pots (1 syn), hifi light bar (1/2 HeB), alpro chocolate (HeA), salted caramel options (1.5 syns) 1 oreo thin (1.5 syns)
Total syns - 6

04.03.17.01.jpg 04.03.17.jpg 05.03.17.jpg 06.03.17.01.jpg 06.03.17.02.jpg 06.03.17.jpg

Hiya. Sounds like you had a fun weekend, just remember you've done really well to not go off plan completely. You're allowed to have a treat now and again, that's life!

Food looks good, star week is a ***** but even if you don't have a loss this week at least you know next week you'll have a really good loss.

I pulled a muscle in my back this morning and been in pain all day, not terrible but really annoying. Hoping I'm ok tomorrow for the lunch with my dad. Mostly peeved coz I couldn't do my usual walking today. Gonna take it easy tonight, trying out the SW pulled pork in my new slow cooker. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Although I'm gonna have to wait until about 8.30 before it's ready, haha.

Back