The Food Diary of a Newbie (Comments Welcomed Esp If Im Going Wrong!)

I've not updated my diary since Friday! Tut tut to me!

Had a really busy weekend as I went to stay with some friends. My weekend wasn't exactly angelic BUT it certainly could have been much, much worse! On Friday I had a syn free day at work, then drove down to my friends house. She greeted me at the door with a glass of prosecco! So it would have been rude not to! We went out for tea and I made, I think, some good choices. The menu was quite small so I chose a mushroom and goats cheese starter and salmon with crab and prawns with veg. Then tiramisu!! Oops! And I had wine too. Drat!

On Saturday I then went to stay with another friend, she cooked a lovely dinner of falafel, meatballs, salad and flatbread, so not exactly slimming world, but not too bad. we went out at night to see a band and although I was drinking (again!) I was on spirits and mixers, so hopefully I've not been tooooo bad! And when we got home I had a salad wrap which is much more restrained than the usual takeaway option!

So although I could have been better, I also could have (and previously would have been) much worse! I've no idea how many syns I've had so I've decided to let it go and try to have a well behaved low-syn week.

Today's food-

Brekkie: 2 alpen light bars (HExB) whilst waiting for the car to defrost, brrrrrr this morning!
Lunch: jacket potato with beans and a blob of Branson pickle - 2 syns
Snack: crab sticks, apple, muller Greek lemon - 0.5 syn
Tea: spicy spag Bol (2 syns) remaining from last week with 28g light cheddar (4 syns) - total 6 syns

Total syns for day - 8.5

Welcome back. You're not the only one who had a good, but crazy weekend food wise! Life does get in the way sometimes, but the key is to put it behind you like you have, and just carry on as normal!! :D

11th February:

Green day

Breakfast- 2 alpen lights (HExB)
Lunch- spaghetti with chopped tomato and chilli
Snack- apple, mini tub of philly lightest - 1.5 syns
Tea- sw chips with spaghetti hoops and 30g light cheddar (part HExA) and lighter than light mayo - 2 syns
Milk in tea HExA

Total syns for day - 3.5

12th February-

Brekkke: 1 alpen light bar (HExB)
Lunch: sw chips with a dollop of ketchup - 3 syns
Snack: banana, apple, pickled onions and a gherkin
Tea: sw chicken curry made with two pots of Greek muller coconut yoghurt and 2 tbs ketchup (between 2) served with boiled rice and syn free Bombay potatoes - 1.5 syns

Milk in tea for HExA

Total syns for the day - 4.5 syns

Back