Green Day TheMissus' Vegetarian Recipes

This is such a great thread, im vegetarian and always on green, i'll definately be trying out these recipes they look delicious. thankyou for sharing them :) xxx

-Tally- said:
Serves 2-3
Syns - 5 syns for whole dish, approx 2 syns per serving.

For syn free, boil up some red lentils so they're soft instead of using the soup.

You can also use other brands of lentil soup but adjust syns accordingly, for example Heniz lentil soup is 8 syns per 400g tin and is a bit tastier.

You will need a medium to large casserole dish.

Ingredients

5 veg oxos
1 400g tin baked beans
5 potatoes - peeled and thinly sliced
4 Quorn sausages (two per person)
2 Carrots peeled and thinly sliced
1 tin Weightwatchers carrot & lentil soup (4.5 syns)
1 onion - sliced and chopped
1 heaped teaspoon marmite
1 tbsp tomato puree (0.5 syns) (optional)

Method

Firsly put your chosen amount of quorn sausage into the microwave and cook for about 2-3 mins if they're frozen, turning frequently until soft.
Chop up the soft quorn sausage into slices and put to one side.
You don't need to microwave defrosted or chilled sausages.

You can use peeled/sliced potatoes and carrots and put them straight in or you can soften them in the microwave for a few mins first. If you don't soften it will take longer to cook.

Into the casserole dish throw the potatoes, carrots, chopped onion and sliced sausage.

In a big jug mix the soup and the tin of beans together and pour over the veg and sausage.

Into the empty jug crumble the stock cubes and fill up to about 1.5 pints with boiling water, add the marmite and tomato puree and stir.

Pour this into the casserole dish until the veg/sausage is covered with stock. Add more water to cover if needed.

Bake in the oven Gas mark 5-6 until the potatoes are soft, normally 2-3 hours.

You can then season and serve with some veg.

It's reeeeeally nice and will be my tea for tonight :D

This recipe is great, thanks!!! :) made it today and had it for dinner. The only thing I did differently was not to add the soup and I didnt replace it with the lentils either but thought it was great. First time I've had quorn sausages and they were better than I expected and good in this recipe. Thanks Tally!!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

No probs, glad you liked it! One of my faves :D

Had the sweet & sour quorn tonight - oh my god it was soooooooooo yummy!! Will definitely be making it again!! 2 portions in the fridge for another 2 meals!! Thank you!! :D

What a fantastic thread. The recipes sound so yummy! I am so looking forward to trying them. Tend to cook the same old same old so thank you for sharing and for giving me some inspiration to be a bit more creative. :0)xx

bUMPING this so i can refer back to ... great recipes !!! thanks for sharing x

Thanks for bumping, I forgot about this thread, very helpful!

Subscribing so i can find u again

This recipe is great, thanks!!! :) made it today and had it for dinner. The only thing I did differently was not to add the soup and I didnt replace it with the lentils either but thought it was great. First time I've had quorn sausages and they were better than I expected and good in this recipe. Thanks Tally!!!! :) Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
lovely but isn't tomato purée free x

Back