Things you hate about been overweight.

Jaysus ya nearly made me spit out my shake hahaha..... Lol... Nope.... No oversized stuff... I'm telling ya.. Get a corset hehe.. Your confidence will be through the roof... Hehe...

And on that note... I hate (when not wearing said corset) during intimate encounters is when your OH grabs your hip area for support and all you can think of or imagine is what that feels like for them to be grabbing lumps of fat instead of just enjoying myself....

(even though I know better, men don't see that crappy, we turn ourselves of not them)

I hate that as one grows older so many of the serious health problems people start to have are weight related. Diabetes, heart problems, hypertension, back pain, joint pain, etc. etc. It makes no sense whatsoever to allow yourself to be considerably overweight as you enter your fifties, unless you don't mind setting yourself up for serious health problems over the next few decades.

I also hate going for job interviews being overweight. The scramble for the right outfit. The concern that as a woman you'll be judged first for your weight.

Not feeling like me! Also feeling paranoid when someone mentions a girl is carrying a few pounds as I'm carrying plenty!

I also hate going for job interviews being overweight. The scramble for the right outfit. The concern that as a woman you'll be judged first for your weight.

This is a big one for me. I hold back career wise because of my weight ... Whether it be new jobs, promotions or courses.

This is a big one for me. I hold back career wise because of my weight ... Whether it be new jobs, promotions or courses.

i hate seeing stuff like this. it makes me really sad, i call it the katie hopkins effect.
guys i work in HR and have for years, ive worked in recruitment, please please please dont let how you look make you feel unsuitable or less confident for a role.

If you have the personality, the experience and the skills you will get the job, I SWEAR!

i know mentally its how you feel but i seriously believe that this is because idiots like Katie Hopkins say fat people are lazy, okay yes in general overweight people tend to be less active then people of a healthy weight but this does not mean that you are lazy in a work environment.

No recruiter work their salt will ever over look you because of your weight.

I know its how you feel and thats not something i can help with in terms of being shy or less confident in your body (im not either) but i can tell you from my side of the table even when i was skinny i never overlooked of judged people in a work environment because of how they looked.

To be blunt, yes if you present badly (poorly dressed, unwashed or brushed hair, bitten nails, poor clothing choices etc) you will be judged but as a recruiter these are all things you can advise people on.

you wont be judged for being black, white, asian, fat, thin, a body builder, blonde hair, black hair and everything in-between.

try and have the confidence that YEAH I GOT THIS, i have the experience, i have the education or skills etc...
dont focus on the one thing that you cant control and let it get the best of you because it come across as you are not confident in your skills as opposed to your body.

I'm in a position where i will be job hunting soon, I can say this as a fact, i am **** hot at my job, my body maybe not so much im not the super toned super hot 19 year old i was 10 years ago (but im getting there :) ) but i will walk into an interview look you in the eye shake your hand knowing that my experience, my confidence in my abilities will impress you. you wont even notice that im a bit fat (okay maybe not a bit but thats one part of me, its not me).
I see my weight as something that exists, like spots, it will be gone soon and after that it will be managed, you wouldnt not give someone a job because they have acne, or a scar so why if their fat.

Im passionate about this because it makes me soooooo angry please please please dont let your weight effect your career!

The fact you are doing something as difficult as losing weight shows me (in a work situation) that you are dedicated, driven, can make tough decisions, have the ability to focus on long term projects i could go on and on and on...

Focus on the good stuff!

What an awesome post :)

its made me feel so much better, truly. I cannot tell you how good it is to hear from someone from the other side of the table tell you that no decent recruiter would judge your weight. I have honestly held back for years from reaching my true potential career wise. I am brilliant at my job and give 100% ... It was that that led to me eating bad food and not looking after myself. Now I feel stuck in a rut. When I was slim I was confident, now I've none left at all ... Hopefully it'll come back. I know I could be so much more.

i think you have half the battle katie85, you know your good now you just need to be able to project that. practice makes perfect!

For example, I have hypertension and vascular problems, and many diets/weight loss products are contraindicated to me. I decided to get rid of the main problems first, then choose the right way to lose weight for myself. But amazing changes have happened to me) I took Cardiform to normalize blood pressure and improve the functioning of the cardiovascular system and began to lose weight! As a result, my expert said that it contains lemon balm and garlic extract, which help to improve metabolism and reduce adipose tissue) A pleasant surprise))

Being able to go into a high street retailer and buy a pair of jeans that fit

Back