Think Slinky!! CurvyKaren's Diary

Found ya;) well done on starting the diary it will definitely help, you have done so far and so has your hubby stay positive hun x x

Found ya;) well done on starting the diary it will definitely help, you have done so far and so has your hubby stay positive hun x x

Thank you :) You're welcome to come visit my ramblings anytime :)

x

New recipe !! Nothing too complicated which is perfect for me... might do this later so thought i'd share.

Dairylea Chicken (I'll be using Laughing Cow as my Healthy Extra A)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htVB_S1SJlY[/YOUTUBE]

x

Mmmmmmm... Yum yum. Decided to try the Activia yoghurts for a change on Mullers so I don't get bored. I only bought mango and peach to try. Now I find out that the mango one is free but peach is 0.5 syns which is still amazing. I'll be buying more of these!

x

Attachments

• image-4031293652.jpg
    image-4031293652.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 41
Grrrrrrrrr. Just lost a long post to you. Can't believe it. Grrrrrrrr. Can't face rewriting it all but salient points:

Just wanted to say how great you are doing.

Please, please take lots of photos because the weight is disappearing at a fast rate and it's lovely to be able to look back and compare. Also take measurements because it is lovely to see the losses that way as well.

It's lovely when people notice how much you have lost but don't worry if some people don't notice yet (or don't say). Hardly anyone noticed for me until I'd lost 2-2.5 stone (and even then it was only a few), however loads started noticing at 3-3.5 stone. It's fantastic when you see people after a while and they can't believe it. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it.

For one of your other posters as well,

I would also recommend looking only at the next half stone to lose. If I had seriously thought about how much I had to lose when I started, I would never have done it however now when I look at the total amount left, it really isn't that daunting. So, stick with it. Great to hear your positive thoughts. Good luck for this week.

Gail x

I agree, only consider the next baby step. It's nice to have an end goal but you need to build in as many indications of success as you can, so 7lb at a time, ticker tapes are good to see weekly successes. i also have a shirt that I wear every Friday. It started off ridiculously tight and by the time I fell off the wagon it was ridiculously loose. It fits well just now I'm afraid so it is a good indication of how much I put back on. I aim for the ridiculous look again soon lol!

Morning Karen,

Wow! What a brilliant start you've made! It's lovely to read the posts of someone who's totally motivated and on plan, and what a big help to have oh doing it with you.

Like Gail said, write your measurements down now and keep them somewhere safe, and update them each month. Not only is it interesting to see the changes...its a great tool to keep you motivated if you hit a bit of a plateau and feel like you're not doing very well. Sometimes the scales don't register a loss even if you've been bang on plan...but you may see you've lost an inch somewhere instead!

Right, enough ramblings from me...I'm off to bug someone else lol!

Catch you later xx

Grrrrrrrrr. Just lost a long post to you. Can't believe it. Grrrrrrrr. Can't face rewriting it all but salient points:

Just wanted to say how great you are doing.

Please, please take lots of photos because the weight is disappearing at a fast rate and it's lovely to be able to look back and compare. Also take measurements because it is lovely to see the losses that way as well.

It's lovely when people notice how much you have lost but don't worry if some people don't notice yet (or don't say). Hardly anyone noticed for me until I'd lost 2-2.5 stone (and even then it was only a few), however loads started noticing at 3-3.5 stone. It's fantastic when you see people after a while and they can't believe it. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it.

For one of your other posters as well,

I would also recommend looking only at the next half stone to lose. If I had seriously thought about how much I had to lose when I started, I would never have done it however now when I look at the total amount left, it really isn't that daunting. So, stick with it. Great to hear your positive thoughts. Good luck for this week.

Gail x

Thanks for your post :)

I know exactly what you're saying as you dont want me to give up when I realise theres a lot of work ahead of me and normally I would do exactly that but this time I KNOW theres alot that needs doing and although I do focus on the overall goal because thats what spurs me on, I do equally focus on each mini goal because they're what will get me to the end result.

I'm so excited to have people properly notice when theres a big difference like you had. You must want to burst with pride !!

x

I agree, only consider the next baby step. It's nice to have an end goal but you need to build in as many indications of success as you can, so 7lb at a time, ticker tapes are good to see weekly successes. i also have a shirt that I wear every Friday. It started off ridiculously tight and by the time I fell off the wagon it was ridiculously loose. It fits well just now I'm afraid so it is a good indication of how much I put back on. I aim for the ridiculous look again soon lol!

I realise theres a lot of work ahead of me and I know exactly what you're saying. Normally I would give up when I thought of how much I had to lose but this time I KNOW theres alot that needs doing and although I do focus on the overall goal because thats what spurs me on, I do equally focus on each mini goal because they're what will get me to the end result.

Its good idea about wearing the same top to remind you of how far you've come :) thank you

x

Morning Karen,

Wow! What a brilliant start you've made! It's lovely to read the posts of someone who's totally motivated and on plan, and what a big help to have oh doing it with you.

Like Gail said, write your measurements down now and keep them somewhere safe, and update them each month. Not only is it interesting to see the changes...its a great tool to keep you motivated if you hit a bit of a plateau and feel like you're not doing very well. Sometimes the scales don't register a loss even if you've been bang on plan...but you may see you've lost an inch somewhere instead!

Right, enough ramblings from me...I'm off to bug someone else lol!

Catch you later xx

Thank you for coming to check out my little diary :) You've done brilliantly yourself !!

I shall definitely start making a note - i'm just kicking myself I didnt do it earlier !!

I'm so motivated to continue all the way :)

x

Note to self - not a good idea to put a Vanilla Cupcake air freshener in the car. It makes you hungry (!)

x

Attachments

• image-81257811.jpg
    image-81257811.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 49
Well done CurvyKaren! I have my WI tomorrow, hoping that I take a steps towards my latest goal of hitting the 17s range!

I would like to have a chart thingy like you have showing your weight loss.... I'm so bad I dont know how to do it!

Fingers & toes crossed that you creeped into the 17 stone 'box' :)

If you click on my chart it opens a new window. Type in your weight each week and click where it says 'get code.' Copy & paste the code into the signature et voila !!

x

Last edited:
I keep wondering if me having a few more syns recently compared to when I started SW is going to slow down my weight loss. I'm scared it will :( I suppose everyone's different.

Today I've had egg on toast with margarine (3 syns)

Pasta and sauce (1 syn and healthy extra b)

Activia Snackpot in peach (half syn)

Milk Chocolate Bubbly Bite (2 syns)

That should be it with my syns today but it used to be less than that ... Hmmmm

x

Attachments

• image-256843990.jpg
    image-256843990.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 43
Just waiting for my friend to come around and admire my new carpet (oh the joys of home owning when these are the sort of things that you get happy about!)

I've just been reading another post on syns and if it makes you lose less weight and most people say it doesn't and your body needs it but I still find it hard to believe. Id be so upset wasting a week if I ate my maximum syns and then didnt lose weight.

I'm trying to think what we can have for tea. I will come up with something - I always do and Rob seems to really enjoy my cooking :)

Once you realise that losing weight is within your grasp you can make it happen. It's just how I feel. We weren't born overweight. There's nothing to stop us from being back there when we were slim.

x

Woohoo thanks Curvy (apologies for copying you with your chart - but I like it) We are going great, I see you joined just two weeks after me Keep it going mate x

I'll let you know how I got on this week as I too am stingy when it comes to syns and stick to about 3-5 per day, but this week I have had almost my full amount and one day over (my diary shows that!). Lets see the difference it makes!

vickidyers said:
Woohoo thanks Curvy (apologies for copying you with your chart - but I like it) We are going great, I see you joined just two weeks after me Keep it going mate x

You're welcome! I'm sure we both will. What I said on my last post I truly believe with all my heart :)

x

lass321 said:
You guys are so positive it is a pleasure to read your posts!

Awww thank you :) I'm glad you like my diary.

I will keep adding recipes, thoughts and feeling in here. I'll type out the recipe for the meal I've just made too x

This was last nights tea...

Hot Spicy Potatoes

Free on EE & Green. 1 syn each on Original

908g/2lb baby new potatoes washed
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp dried chilli flakes
2 tsp cumin seeds
2 tsp black onion seeds
8 tbsp passata
salt and freshly ground pepper
low calorie cooking spray
chopped coriander to garnish

Preheat oven to 220 degrees / gas 7. Place the potatoes in a single layer in a non-stick roasting tin.
In a small bowl, mix together the paprika, chilli flakes, cumin, black onion seeds and the passata. Season well, spoon over the potatoes and toss to coat evenly.
Spray with low calorie cooking spray and bake in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.

For the sauce with the chicken I just used loads of passata, worcester sauce, mixed herbs, chilli powder & pepper

x

Attachments

• image-1496914378.jpg
    image-1496914378.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 44
Back