Through the Looking Glass... Shrinkingalice's Diary (Part 2 - Slim and Save)

Week 12 weigh in this morning, -3lbs off :) Total loss 64lbs :)

Alive that's is great loss especially over festive period! Well done you! Hope you are buzzing!

I meamt any to say that clicked onto the link on your signature "don't open the box" dual dynamics is great! I managed to get through today by thinking of the squashed plastic -appetite on the box and kept reminding myself not to open the box! Would love to have Laurence as my transformational coach!

Today is the last day of 2013, I weighed myself this morning to find out my last weight of 2013, im 18st 11lbs, exactly 5 stone less than when I started this journey in October. Very happy and such a good positive end to this year. Im going to get to my goal of 12stone in 2014 and its going to be so good!! I hope you all had a good christmas, I did manage to stay on plan 100% over Christmas, yes it was hard with the smells of Christmas dinner at my mums and then before we left my family were sat down eating! But, we managed it, and hubby has lost 10lbs last week, losing 10lbs over Xmas is mental! Hes brill :)

Here's to 2014 and getting to my goal weight! Have a good night everyone, whatever you get up too xxx

Happy New Year everyone! I hope everyone had a lovely evening celebrating, whatever you did. We stayed in and watched tv and the fireworks and then went to bed lol. What an exciting life we lead. Its definately not easy when social occasions are happening, like xmas and new year, sticking to this severe diet. But its certainly worth it.
In the next few months we have alot of 'occasions' coming up, but we will be sticking to the diet 100% so that we can enjoy things next year instead! In feb there is of course Valentine's Day, then march is our 2nd wedding anniversary, my birthday and mother's day. So there is quite alot that I could enjoy if I wasnt doing this diet but of course, 1 year missing them will mean alot more of them in the future to enjoy :)

I hope everyone had a nice first day of 2014 and lots more to come!

Today is official weigh in day and Ive lost 4lbs, so actually put 2 on since NYE! oh well, 4lbs off is great. Thats my aim, so that I lose 1 stone a month i need to lose 4lbs a week, so im happy with that. Plus if I hadnt weighed in on NYE I would never have known!! So theres a lesson for early weigh ins!!!

January Goal is to lose 14lbs, so 10lbs to go now. As long as the scales keep going down Im happy. :)

That's a great loss! Well done! Especially doing so well over the festive period! I take my hat off to you! You are certainly on schedule for your loss by February!

Hey lovely,

You are my inspiration and I started again today with you in mind! Have you been taking photos of your progress? bet 5 stone makes a big difference x

PR hey my lovely, how are you? hope you had a lovely festive season. I've been wallowing away in diet hell, not getting anywhere (makes a changes :) right)

This weekend I have had a break from the diet. I hadnt realised how depressed I had been acting and just feeling awful in general. I have done 92 days on the diet 100% and 2 days off. So tomorrow I am having a weigh in and having Mondays as my new weigh in day. Im expecting a 10lb gain at least but honestly its been worth it, Ive enjoyed eating food and I have slightly overboard on chocolate (!) but its been fun! So, bring on Monday and getting back on the diet properly.

Got these water bottles today too:
images

One each for hubby and me so we can have lovely fresh water without paying for bottled water :) Will be aiming to drink 5 of these a day which is 2.5L of water, thats what I was drinking before and it really helped my weight loss.

TMI time: I am getting annoyed with having a period once every 12 days or so, I get so bloated each time so Im spending probably 7 days out of that 12 bloated and holding onto water so my weight loss is all messed up and I randomly gain water weight about 2 days before I come on and for the whole time Im on I hold onto water and then I probably am getting a day or 2 where Im 'normal' and then I start cramping and bloating ready to come on again! Its awful!!! But its only temporary while im losing weight fast, I might get a break from the 12 day cycle with having a weekend off, we will see if I come on in the next couple of days or if I get a bit longer unbloated!!

Love the Mr & Mrs Bottles! Cute!

I wonder if the vlcd is causing you to have a period every 12 days or is it something else? Is it worth getting doctor to check? It does seem most of us experience bloating with periods and I've never understood why the body does that. I hope the break will helped reset the cycle and you have an easy few days getting back into the groove.

So restart today after the weekend off, and new weigh in day set to Mondays. I was expecting 10+ pounds on and Ive put 7lbs on, impressive in 2 days lol. Just shows the damage eating crap can do and so fast! Hoping that will come off straight away, if not in the first restart WI but the first 2. Im going to try spacing out my meals to every 3 hours if I can, but I know Im going to be hungry this first restart week whatever I do lol.

Things I've learnt by eating CRAP for 2 days:
1) I cant be trusted around Chocolate! If its there, near me at all, whoevers house it is I will eat it and not stop!!
2) Eating rubbish makes me do egg burps :yuk:
3) If you eat like I have for 2 days you put the weight back on SO fast!
4) The amount of rubbish eating rubbish food (and drink) creates has filled my bin, in 2 days!
5) My jeans are tight!
6) Im sluggish and have no energy at all

All in all, its not worth it, i feel crap and so glad Im back on it today!

Alice your post made me chuckle I have to say! I am sure not all the 7 pounds will be "fat' gain some of it will be water gain and besides you will have that off very soon. Hope you get through the next few days with ease though! I found it is either easy to get back into vlcd after a break or extremely difficult and for me rarely in-between!

Hi Alice,

As someone who switched from Cambridge I have a question for you as I am considering swapping one of my Cambridge shakes for a Slim & Save product (as I don't know if I can go back to just liquids and bars after two weeks off) I wanted your opinion on the Lemon bars and Chocolate bars compared to Cambridge? I have to pick one or the other in the January special offer, I am not allowed to have half and half to see which one I prefer....

So, the doctor is stopping me doing this diet :wave_cry: I'm on some really strong painkillers as well as Gabapentin now for pain so I have to eat, I have no choice, and I can't be on so few calories whilst on this medication. So, I want to lose weight and I want to be at goal this year still, even though I wont be at my goal weight for summer now I will be before the end of the year, Ive promised myself that.

So from Tuesday I am going to be doing Slimming World. Its not ideal, but its the only thing I can think of to stop me going crazy and putting the 5 stone Ive lost back on! I hope that I will be able to go back on a VLCD at some point but right now I have no idea how long I will have to be on Gabapentin for, which is the main thing I have to take now for my pain. I dont know if I have mentioned that I have a permanent chronic pain syndrome as well as degenerative disease in my spine which will never get better and could even get worse over time, hense the dramatic amount of pain killers I am on. But I still want to maintain or lose more of my weight which wont help my condition but may stop it getting worse as fast.

So, at the end of the massive post the result is Im stopping s&s and starting slimming world on tuesday. Im sceptical and scared/worried but theres nothing I can do! Onwards and inwards! x

Back