Tinky's exante diary

I'm pretty sure labour pains is the worst film ever

Thank you both! Well done on your weight loss too :D

Looks like we all have really similar goals. I don't know about you, but I really feel like it's achievable with exante. The results are so quick, which I find is good motivation.

I've not tried watering the shakes down yet, as I quite like the texture. I will probably try it this week though as I have quite a few to get through, so I might just do shakes every other day. Also want to try the chocolate one hot to see if it really is like hot chocolate. Here's to a good week!

Hi Tinky

Can I ask did you try the chocolate one hot? I don't generally like choc milkshake so am most interested to know if its any good! Also if you have tried it, did you make it with hot water or microwave it afterwards?

Cheers
Sarah

Hi Sarah

I haven't tried a whole sachet hot, but I did make a 'custard' to go with my muffin. I just added sweetener to some of the shake, added boiling water and stirred. It was so nice! I reckon you could make a whole sachet like that and get a pretty decent hot chocolate. Don't think you'd need to microwave it, it seemed lovely as it was. Let me know if you do try it and what you think x

Wondered about the microwave as I use a shaker for my shakes which you obviously can't really do with boiling water lol

I will give it a go at some point and let you know!

I have just been looking at the meals on the exante site which keep you in ketosis, think i may just treat myself to one of those every weekend to keep my spirits up when eating with my family! The turkey with cranberries, sprouts and broccolli looks rather yum! :)

Last edited:
Mm that meal sounds lush, I reckon if it keeps you on track and in ketosis then it'll be fine as a treat.

I tried making the hot chocolate today, just sweetener the shake and hot water. Stirred it all together. The texture was fine and it tasted lovely. The only problem was it stank out the office (the chocolate shakes sort of smell like damp?) and quite a few people noticed and were wondering what the smell was. When the Lu found out it was my lunch they seemed mortified!!

Weighed in this morning, another 3lbs off. I seem to be losing that much consistently each week. It's not as much as it could be, but it's still a lot and it's adding up. Pleased :)

I'd originally only bought 6 weeks of exante. I remember getting all the packs delivered and just wondering how I'd ever cope. And now here I am 6 weeks later, 21lbs down, and excited about another 8 weeks on the diet. Best decision I've made in ages.

My goal for next week is to actually drink enough water. I'm probably only drinking 1litre a day, if that. Let's see if it helps me break the 3lb roll I'm on. Tried the blackcurrant water flavouring last night and really didn't like it, so will just have to persevere.

Last edited:
Tried the hot chocolate this evening although made mine cold and microwaved it - didn't bother with the sweetener either as i find it sweet enough.... It was ok, and very filling, but I found it a bit slimy.... Ill try it with more water next time and also considering making it with peppermint tea for choc mint :)

Anyway 3lbs a week is fab! nearly a stone a month - id be happy with that!! Being my first week i am expecting big loss, esp after my sneak preview this morning, but id happily move as steadily as you after that - and i have a LOT more to lose!!

Have a peek at my diary and you'll remember how us newbies feel! Lol

Keep up the good work though, you are doing so well! X

I had my meals this weekend - went with the steak ketosis meal Sat and the turkey Sunday - both very nice and I am still in ketosis :)

Have taken to having my shakes in half amounts when hot as I cannot 'do' the thick consistancy - also means I get two 'meals' out of one pack! Am adding coffee to both choc and vanilla though -prefer the mocha and latte thing ;)

Hows it going for you?

Sooo...I completely went off track. On 28th feb I decided to have cheat meal. It was great but basically spiralled into me eating what I wanted for a month. I had been doing so well on the diet and hadn't cheated, so I thought I could have a cheat meal and be fine. That clearly wasn't the case!

I wasn't horrendous as I was still eating exante meals some days and wasn't snacking at all. But there was a lot of naughty (delicious!) food involved. Luckily I only put on two pounds, it could have been so much worse. (I got down to 10.10 and then went back up)

I kept trying to restart and would give in. It was so much harder than the first time, when I wasn't tempted really. Anyway, I started again on Saturday and have been TS ever since. Very pleased and hope I can stick to it. So far I've lost the 2 lbs I put on plus another 3. I feel like I'm finally back on track, although I'm definitely having to work harder than last time to resist stuff.

I'm a bit gutted as I would probably be at my target weight now if I'd stuck to it. But I only have myself to blame. On the plus side the gain could have been much, much worse. And now I know I have some work to do when I come off the diet, because judging by last month I'll just slip back into my old ways and pile the weight on.

Really hoping I can stick to it again as I only have a stone to lose now. Although that might change once I get there :) I'm definitely less complacent and I know now that I can't just have one cheat meal!

Last edited:
I had my meals this weekend - went with the steak ketosis meal Sat and the turkey Sunday - both very nice and I am still in ketosis :)

Have taken to having my shakes in half amounts when hot as I cannot 'do' the thick consistancy - also means I get two 'meals' out of one pack! Am adding coffee to both choc and vanilla though -prefer the mocha and latte thing ;)

Hows it going for you?

Sorry I disappeared! I unintentionally fell off the wagon and lost the plot for a bit.

How's it going for you? Are you still enjoying the food? How much have you lost in total?

That's a really good idea about splitting the shakes up...I know what you mean about them being quite thick when they're hot.

Hope you're doing well and the last month has been a good one!x

Welcome back.

Sorry I disappeared! I unintentionally fell off the wagon and lost the plot for a bit.

How's it going for you? Are you still enjoying the food? How much have you lost in total?

That's a really good idea about splitting the shakes up...I know what you mean about them being quite thick when they're hot.

Hope you're doing well and the last month has been a good one!x

Erm.... I have been with you on the eating malarky.... oops!

I PLAN to be back on it soon and have lots of meal packs at the ready :)

How you getting on now? x

Sooo

Here I am again. I basically fell off the wagon big time and went back up to 13.1...! I'm back on exante (3 days into my second week) and have lost 6lbs so far.

Since November I've been trying to restart and it just wasn't happening- I actually ended up putting on about a stone and a half since then. I remember when I was on here the first time round, I'd read people saying how hard it was to restart, and they weren't wrong!

To be honest i was really sceptical about doing it again because I went from being 100% to just normal eating and piled the weight back on. It made me think it's impossible to maintain it when you come off a vlcd. But if I'm really honest with myself I didn't make any changes to the way I ate- I went straight back to my pre exante way of life, and that's why it happened. I also started a new job where I travel a lot, and so fell into the trap of eating out. Plus numerous holiday, weddings and a break up. Anyway, that's all excuses. But it's made me realise if I can stick to it I have to make BIG changes to how I eat, forever. I'm going to need to use the next 12 weeks to think about that.

In the end what made me choose exante was I've got a wedding in June that I'm a bridesmaid for, so I really really want to be 10 stone by then. That'll be well into a normal bmi for me. I'm currently 12.8 so if I'm 100% TS till then it's just about doable. Plus on other diets I tend to lose the plot. I can restrict no problem, but when food gets involved I go nuts! I'll have to fix that.

I was really surprised when I ordered my exante stuff this time, there are so many new products! And they all feel like they're treats! So far I've tried the pizza, the bacon and cheese muffins, the chocolate cake, loads of new shake flavours, all the new bars, the breakfast eggs and I like them all! My favourite by far is the hazelnut shake though. So good!

ill have to update my signature etc but can't bring myself to do it yet (I was in the 10's...!) but that's quite enough for now I think!

Feeling very motivated again, and can't wait till I can start feeling the loss!

This is the first time I've had cravings on this diet! Went in the kitchen and there's some hand cut salted crisps....!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back! Restart City LOL. Exante is great and so is temptation. Just give it your best and get through one day at a time x

Welcome back Tinky! Same as you Last year i got down to 11s 3 - went on my honeymoon and pre Exante eating ways and got way into the 13s which was more than when i started the first time. Restarts just wernt happening.

Back again now a few days in with an aim to lose as much as i can in time for our 1st anniversary hol at the end of april.

Were all in the same boat and as long as we support each other im sure we can do it again!

Hope your having a good day. I had cravings earlier but they have thankfully subsided and im looking forward to finishing work at 5 and hitting the gym.

we can do this!!

Thanks ladies! The support on here was something that really helped last time...it's nice to know im not the only one restarting!

Have you found it harder this time? I feel like my willpower is getting tested every day. Today I was craving pizza BIG TIME!

CazyladyA- we had the exact same starting weight! And the same goal! How on earth do you manage the gym on 600 calories a day? Go you!

Thanks ladies! The support on here was something that really helped last time...it's nice to know im not the only one restarting! Have you found it harder this time? I feel like my willpower is getting tested every day. Today I was craving pizza BIG TIME! CazyladyA- we had the exact same starting weight! And the same goal! How on earth do you manage the gym on 600 calories a day? Go you!

Lol, had some eggs last night on top.. :/

To be honest last time I did the diet I used to gym it and stay 100% on the lead up to my wedding and I was fine.. This time I'm finding it really hard stayin 100% .. although when I was on CD a few years a go I remember being told to wait 2 weeks into the diet before exercising.. Maybe I should wait a bit longer get into ketosis and just do slow paced work out 30/40 mins.. Will just take it slow and see how I get on :)

Cravings are the worst .. They really test u to the max .. We have to stay strong :D

Hi Tinky, best of luck with the restart.

Thank you greeneyedgirl, your losses are amazing!!

CrazyladyA- that's interesting about waiting a few weeks before exercise, I wonder if that would make a difference and lessen cravings etc?

Nothing much to report today. Had my 3 packs, some green tea and water. I'm starving now though. I cheated last night and had a dash of milk in my tea. But if that's what counts as a binge these days I'll take it lol.

I'm still at a stage where I cant feel the weightloss and it just feels so slow. Hopefully week 3 will be a turning point for that.

Got a wedding on Saturday and I want to try not to eat, but trying to figure out how to do that without looking properly weird. Plus I feel bad as my friend (the bride) has made sure all the cheese etc is fully vegetarian (as im veggie), and had obviously paid for the meal. Not sure what to do :/

I know it can be really hard at functions .. I had been to one whilst on Exante previously and people do wonder and ask questions when u don't eat and have a bar instead lol.. Try stay strong if u can!

If u really can't then I'd stay off the hard core carbs, fried starters...
Just have veg curry n dhal with salad if it's asian food lol

Back