To Target or Not

Dear Diary

I haven't written to you in 2 weeks, how naughty is that;) Well I had WI in last week and I maintained, to be honest I had pretty much expected that as I had just started exercising and also it was blasted *week. But at least I didn't gain:)

As I was just 1.5lbs away from target I thought I would try really really hard as I really want to reach target by the end of May. I'm still doing the 30-day shred but mixing it in with the wii fit, infact I'm probably doing more on the wii fit, surprisingly I am enjoying it and I dare I even admit it becoming addictive to exercise. I love the hoola hooping, long distance running and the step, although you should see me at the step, I'm so not co-ordinated at times:giggle:

Anyway, it was WI in again yesterday, and there I was just 1.5lbs away from target, and as usual I miss it by 0.5lb, BUT, there's always a but isn't there;) I'm actually okay with losing 1lb, I'm not going to WI next week so I'm going to hit my target by the end of May like I hoped, well at least not in class. I will however weigh myself at home and I know that my scales are out by about 1lb. However although I've set 9st 7lbs as my target, I think I would like to try and get to 9st, so will carry on with the weight loss and the diary.​

Yay ... I've hit target :) and :eek:!!!! I really can't actually believe that I have made it, but I have!!! Its taken me 10 months to lose 3 stone 2 lbs, in all that time I've only gained once and that was 1/2lb, but also in that time I've met a wonderful bunch of ladies and gentlemen who have supported me throughout my journey, and some of them are now real friends.

Now my dilemma is do I stop here or do I try and lose a little more. Don't get me wrong I am more than happy with my weight and the size I am, however I am seriously thinking could I lose a little more, and I am only looking at 7lbs, but I am fully aware how hard this 7lbs maybe. We are off to Florida later in the year, so losing an extra 7lbs would be good, because it will give me that security to eat good old American food. I do have plans already to have a healthy breakfast and lunch at the villa, whilst not really worrying about my evening meal and whether I have a pudding or the odd ice cream etc. Obviously I know I'm going to be doing lots of exercising with all that walking around the parks and swimming etc .... Oooh what to do:confused:

I think I'm going to attempt to take and lost 1/2lb a week and see how we go, obviously I'm still going to be attending class, as I want to stay on track and I really don't want to end up back where I came from. But for now I'm going to keep my target at 9st 7lbs, well it will be nice to get a few weeks few for the time being.

Well another week at target and another 1/2lb gone:D Yay ... go me:D Anyway for now, here on Minimims I've decided to move my target by 7lbs, and see how I get on, but I will however, be keeping my original target at group for the time being at least, I have another 1.5lb to go before I need to think about paying again and as I only tend to lose 1/2 - 1lb a week.

Bit upset because one of my very good SW friends has decided to give up group, she just can't get her into the right frame of mind at the moment, so obviously I totally understand where she is coming from and I've told her I'm here if she needs a friendly shoulder. She's planning on coming back after her holiday and starting a fresh, so fingers crossed she'll come back. Of course I know its her decision and would never go on at her to come back. We all need to be in the right place.

So group was a bit strange on Monday, especially as she's my social buddy. Obviously now I'm at target I don't have to go every week although feel that I need too just to keep me on track and I know that I will need the support of the group after my 2 weeks holiday in Florida later in the summer, however I as much as I do enjoy being part of the social team. I just wish there were a few more people who would help out.

Last edited:
Whoops, I seem to have neglected my diary for almost 2 months, thankfully I haven't been neglecting SW for all that time;). I did have a couple of weeks off plan, the first week I gained 1/2lb and as for the second week, well I didn't even go to weigh in:giveup:. Now I'm not saying that I was really really bad, but I was bad and from my scales at home it was at least a 2lb gain that week! However, I went back on plan and when I returned last week I still managed a 1lb loss from my previous weigh in at class, so obviously I was pleased:)

I'm now bang on the top end of my target, so if I lose anymore then I'll have to start paying. As we fly to Florida this weekend, then there will be no weigh in for me for the next couple of weeks, so I'm sticking to plan as much as I can this week with the hope of either maintaining or even losing a little more. I currently have 6lbs to play with, and I do want to enjoy myself and not worry too much about what I'm eating, although I know hand on heart I am going to be watching what I eat ... its all in the head now:rolleyes:

So once I get back from Florida, I will be returning straight to class, I think it'll be good to see how much damage I've done while over there, and to get straight back on the wagon, so to speak:) Then I will reset my target to 9 stone.

Back