Today is a new day... Part 2

Positives -

• Bf comes home today :D :D :D I'm so excited and it's only been a fortnight!!
  • We have just landed a big contract at work which will hopefully make us lots of money
  • I'm on a 4 day week, so nearly half way through it!
  • Birthday night out for my friend this weekend :D She's just split from her partner and having a tough time, so we are determined to cheer her up!
  • Bf wants us to go out for a nice meal on Thursday night since we are both off Friday and it's payday :)
  • Going for a meal with my parents on Sunday too, will probably be the last time they see bf properly before he goes :) :(

Negatives -

• I know it's way to early to say this, but I think my big loss last week may have been a major fluke and I will have a gain this week... The scales aren't being too kind at the moment, altho my toilet habits aren't what they usually are either so maybe if I can encourage one, the other will follow!
  • All of the above exciting things aren't going to help for WI... I have actually booked a holiday this week cos I'm not sure what night I'm out with the girls - don't want to have to get up early on Saturday if I'm out Friday night, however, I don't like missing WI, worried it might take me off track... I think I will try to make it, regardless, but no promises

I know SW is a process, and my C did warn me I may face a bumpy ride since I'm not losing the weight in a nice slow but progressive manner. I need to be realistic. It's taken me 5 weeks to lose half a stone, I don't want to get myself thinking I should lose the other half in another 5 weeks - it may not be possible and I don't want to start getting down if it doesn't happen the way I'd like...

Anyway, negative thoughts are banished, happy thoughts from now on, starting with my gorgeous boy, eeeeek :D :D xxxx

Spot on. Don't put any expectation on yourself beyond a week - especially so early into your journey. It took me about 3-4 months to find my rhythm and begin to understand the sorts of losses I can expect from my efforts. Sounds like you have a busy week ahead, take it a day at a time and enjoy yourself! When at target there will still be meals out/drinks to negotiate :)

Haha yeh, that's true. I'm actually thinking that once we get to the new year, I will be able to get on the straight and narrow without too much hassle, I just need to be really careful in the meantime with such a hectic social life and not beat myself up too much when things don't go the way I'd like!!

Looking forward to my long weekend, we are going on out Friday night so I'm not sure if I will be able to bring myself to class on Sat... We shall see...

Haha yeh, that's true. I'm actually thinking that once we get to the new year, I will be able to get on the straight and narrow without too much hassle, I just need to be really careful in the meantime with such a hectic social life and not beat myself up too much when things don't go the way I'd like!! Looking forward to my long weekend, we are going on out Friday night so I'm not sure if I will be able to bring myself to class on Sat... We shall see...

Ooh you've finished for the week, nice. Where you going tomorrow? Hope you have a lovely time out x

My friend goes to uni in Aberdeen so we were supposed to be going through there for the weekend. However since she split up from her partner, she wanted to be at home instead. We had lots of drinks at another friend's house and at the last minute decided to hit the town... Wish we hadn't bothered tbh, can't believe how downhill the local nightlife has gone. Payday and Halloween weekend, and there was nobody out. Friday's have never been that popular, but it was ridiculous. There were less than 30 people in the whole nightclub, it was rubbish!! Still had a bit of a dance and a good time but won't be going out again in a hurry!

Didnt WI today cos I had a holiday, think I would have had a maintain anyway, so I'm not too fussed. Really need to be writing things down again. Didn't write anything yesterday and I'm fairly sure I wasn't eating enough superfree. It's funny how I let it slide if it's not written down anywhere!

No plans today, bf and I having a very lazy Saturday, just perfect. We did all the chores yesterday so no guilt today!

Going to make meatballs for tea, need to find a good recipe. Going to my parents for dinner tomorrow and I said I'd attempt a sw friendly dessert... Got loads of apples to use, but none fo the apple recipes are appealing... Might try the choc brownies instead lol

xxx

I managed to make SW friendly meatballs on Sat night and they were yummy - even bf agreed and he's usually not keen on sw versions! So I only used 7.5 syns on Saturday which was good... Sunday was a different story...

I tried my hand at baking my first ever spiced apple cake to take to my parents. It was sooo yummy, if I do say so myself, however it worked out at 9.5 syns a slice. And my Mum had also made a sw friendly cheesecake which was 6.5 syns... It would have been rude not to try both... And with the roast beef dinner I ate a big yorkie - 5syns and some gravy - 3syns... I ate a total of 27.5 syns yesterday, including my breakfast so way over for the day. BUT I am proud that I actually took time to sit and calculate it all. Previously I would have just written the day off. Progress I think!

Bf has had major toothache with wisdom teeth this weekend. Felt so sorry for him in the middle of the night when he couldn't sleep cos of it, and just wanted cuddles... Made me wonder if that's what it's like when a baby is teething...!!! Anyway, he was going to the dentist first thing, but I haven't heard from him yet. Keeping everything crossed this doesn't affect his dates for going away. Bloody military always shift the goalposts.

Full week at work this week, then off for a week which we are both looking forward to. I will WI on Saturday, but I do think next week may be off plan a lot as we have lots of different celebrations for bfs birthday.

Struggling this week - something keeps putting temptation in my way and I'm struggling to refuse...

If I get a maintain this week I'll be happy.

Trying not to beat myself up too much but don't want to blow the good work I've done so far. Focussed on keeping the rest of the week as low syn as possible and not kidding myself.

Fingers crossed I can pull it back :)

Struggling this week - something keeps putting temptation in my way and I'm struggling to refuse... If I get a maintain this week I'll be happy. Trying not to beat myself up too much but don't want to blow the good work I've done so far. Focussed on keeping the rest of the week as low syn as possible and not kidding myself. Fingers crossed I can pull it back :)

Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Is it time of the month? Maybe that's affecting your temptation. Make sure you're eating lots and perhaps tell yourself to eat free food before syns. You're doing well though so don't be too harsh on yourself x

*Tail firmly between legs*

I went to WI on Saturday and gained 1lb. We have a new consultant and according to her scales everyone was having a bad week, so I'm not overly concerned with it. However, on Saturday afternoon we flew down to bf's Mum's for a long weekend and everything went a bit off plan!!

Firstly bf and I went for a romantic meal in Covent Garden, we had amazing cocktails and a nice meal, none of it on plan! Then on Sunday, bfs Mum had invited loads of his family and friends round for a birthday celebration, cue lots of wine from about 1pm = drunk Laura by about 6pm! We were all supposed to be going out for a meal that night but everyone was a bit drunk & didn't want to go out, so we got a Chinese takeaway... Lots of choices and I tried them all! By that point I was only drinking water though, didn't want to be too drunk in front of bf's granny!! On Monday bf made us brunch of scrambled egg (with lots of butter) and bacon (lots of crispy fat) with muffins. So tasty, and again so bad! Then we went to bf's Dad's where he invited the other side of bf's family for take 2 of the celebrations. He had made a nice buffet, which actually wasn't too unhealthy, but again accompanied lots of wine cocktails! On Tuesday we were flying home, I thought our flight was at 8am and didn't check, so we left bf's Dad's at half 5, got to the airport n realised our flight wasn't til 9am... Ooops... So I had to buy bf his fave breakfast at Café Rouge as an apology. I had scrambled egg and smoked salmon on toast with lots of butter. It was definitely needed. Once we got home we decided we weren't leaving the house the rest of the day, so lunch was cheese and ham rolls and dinner ended up being a pasta bake...

I had a lovely time, and don't regret it, I just hope the scales can be a bit kind to me this week...

Anyway, I got back on plan yesterday and am trying to minimise the damage... Not sure how much minimising I can do in 3 days but I'm trying. As I said to bf, I don't want to be the boring ones in class who stick to the rules religiously and their social lives suffer. That is not me. And my gorgeous boy is going away again so soon, I want to enjoy every bit of time I have with him before then.

Start as I mean to go on, today's food:

B - toast (heb &2) cheese (hea), tomato, banana
L - Lentil Soup, ff yog, apple, clementine, kiwi

So far so good...

*Tail firmly between legs* I went to WI on Saturday and gained 1lb. We have a new consultant and according to her scales everyone was having a bad week, so I'm not overly concerned with it. However, on Saturday afternoon we flew down to bf's Mum's for a long weekend and everything went a bit off plan!! Firstly bf and I went for a romantic meal in Covent Garden, we had amazing cocktails and a nice meal, none of it on plan! Then on Sunday, bfs Mum had invited loads of his family and friends round for a birthday celebration, cue lots of wine from about 1pm = drunk Laura by about 6pm! We were all supposed to be going out for a meal that night but everyone was a bit drunk & didn't want to go out, so we got a Chinese takeaway... Lots of choices and I tried them all! By that point I was only drinking water though, didn't want to be too drunk in front of bf's granny!! On Monday bf made us brunch of scrambled egg (with lots of butter) and bacon (lots of crispy fat) with muffins. So tasty, and again so bad! Then we went to bf's Dad's where he invited the other side of bf's family for take 2 of the celebrations. He had made a nice buffet, which actually wasn't too unhealthy, but again accompanied lots of wine cocktails! On Tuesday we were flying home, I thought our flight was at 8am and didn't check, so we left bf's Dad's at half 5, got to the airport n realised our flight wasn't til 9am... Ooops... So I had to buy bf his fave breakfast at Café Rouge as an apology. I had scrambled egg and smoked salmon on toast with lots of butter. It was definitely needed. Once we got home we decided we weren't leaving the house the rest of the day, so lunch was cheese and ham rolls and dinner ended up being a pasta bake... I had a lovely time, and don't regret it, I just hope the scales can be a bit kind to me this week... Anyway, I got back on plan yesterday and am trying to minimise the damage... Not sure how much minimising I can do in 3 days but I'm trying. As I said to bf, I don't want to be the boring ones in class who stick to the rules religiously and their social lives suffer. That is not me. And my gorgeous boy is going away again so soon, I want to enjoy every bit of time I have with him before then. Start as I mean to go on, today's food: B - toast (heb &2) cheese (hea), tomato, banana L - Lentil Soup, ff yog, apple, clementine, kiwi So far so good...

Hey Laura

Wow what a fab week you had. It all sounds lovely and delicious. I think you have the right mindset. Don't go mad but don't deny yourself a social life. Not like you have masses to lose anyway.

Any plans for this weekend? X

Hey Penny, How are you keeping?? Excited to finish work soon??!!

Not much planned this weekend, was going to go out with a friend who gets married in a couple of weeks, bf is off to the stag do this weekend so we were going to have a girls night but she wants to go out in her home town and I don't have the money to get there and back etc so going to have a quiet one I think. Off to another friend's tonight for a belated birthday celebration but I've already said I don't want to partake in their takeaway and I'll be taking my car so no drinkies!!

Have had a mega cold since we returned so would like to get it out of my system really. Off work on Mon & Tues again and bf and I are off to Inverness for a posh meal that his Dad got him for his birthday, looking forward to that. Beginning to get all emosh again about boy going away, this time in a fortnight he will be gone :( But I have just offered to look after my boss's dogs when she goes on holiday so they will keep me company the first couple of weeks. They are collies who need lots of exercise so I'll need to find somewhere locally that's well lit enough!

Gained another half lb today. I'm not too disappointed though after the excesses of last weekend. Back on plan now and no distractions apart from my meal on Monday where my C told me to enjoy myself and just get back on it straight after :) I really don't want to be too hard on myself while bf is still here so I'm happy to eat what I like on Monday night!!

Lazyish weekend, dropped bf off at the train station this morning to go to the stag do and came home and realised how disgusting our house is!! So started cleaning. Did 4 loads of washing and changed our bed, tidied the bedroom, dusted and hoovered. Got most of the washing out on the line cos it's been really windy here. Looked out about 10 mins ago to see it had started raining, so rushed out to get everything in and got it just in the nick of time before it started absolutely tipping it down!! So, now have washing drying all over the house which I hate, but was determined to get it all done today, more fool me!

Now catching up on the Children in Need Rocks concert, so far so good, gonna have a nice lazy night watching telly and being glad I don't have to leave the house again!

Bought the new SW mag too, so gonna have a little look for some new ideas, get my head in gear again! xxx

Yesterday's food:

B - Banana
L - 2x slices wholemeal bread from 800g loaf (9 syns) butter (2syn) baked beans, fried egg, satsuma
T - bolognese (mince, onion, garlic, peppers, tomato, kidney beans) pasta, brocolli and peas, lf cheese (hea)
snack - hi fi bar (heb)

Total Syns - 11/15

Today's food:

B - Banana, satsuma, Toast (heb & 2) boiled egg, bacon, mayo (1)
Snack - cereal bar (3)
T - roast chicken, sw roasties, broccoli, green beans, carrots, gravy (2syn)

Bf has just returned from stag do very hungover - so hungover he's gone to bed and left me with the tv - that never happens on a Sunday!!

Have read through the latest magazine and seen loads of recipes I want to try. I'm going to make a list of them for when bf's away so I can keep myself busy and my eating varied whilst he is away.

Struggling again this week... Bf leaves on Tuesday and so I'm finding it hard to say no to whatever he wants to cook/eat. Most of it isn't that unhealthy but it's just not 100% on plan. Like last night he made a chicken cous cous thing, but he refused to make a salad to go with it, and used lots of oil/honey etc in it. I couldn't be bothered to argue.

So, after Tuesday I will be back on it. Probably after payday I'll get my cupboards full and get my head straight again.

Actually really p*****d off with bf just now too. He's just phoned me at work to let me know his flight times etc next week - all good, then he starts talking about the boxing this weekend. He's already booked it on box office so I asked him if he was inviting anyone over. He said earlier in the week he'd ask a couple of the boys, but he screwed up his face when I told him to invite the partners too. Today it turns out there are about 8 lads coming over and he'd prefer if I went out... Our last weekend together and he wants me out of the house so he can have a boys night. I refused to have an argument over the phone in front of my colleagues but I'm actually really upset. I assumed it would be a couple of boys for a few beers and thought I'd slope in and out when I felt like it. Now I feel like if I don't go out he's going to be annoyed with me and I'll be an intrusion in my own home. He tried to say he was only joking but then said "Can't you go round X's house or something?" So I know he wasn't joking...

I know this forum isn't about my woes, but I needed to vent. My work colleague is only 18 and has never had a bf so doesn't understand at all...

Over yesterday's little rant, bf and I are both just a bit emo at the moment... :(

WI tomorrow and interested to see what it looks like. Not expecting anything but you never know. I'd love it if the scales could be kind to me, just this once. And then when bf is gone, I promise I will be on it with a vengeance!!

Aw Maverick, don't blame you for being off plan while BF is here, make the most of it and get back to it when you can! Although I know how hard it is when you want to be on plan and it all goes tits up!

I'd be annoyed with my OH if he asked me to go out while he had the boys round! I wouldn't mind him having them over, but making you go out isn't on, it's your house too! That's just me! Hope you got things sorted!

Thanks for the kind words ladies, I was annoyed with the way he said it to me tbh. Id have probably made my own arrangements anyway knowing all these blokes were coming!

Anyway, they are all here and I'm still home. Today has been a weird day for me. I'm an emotional wreck. Had another gain at wi and I burst out crying in image therapy. Mortified :( but my C was good, and just took me to the side at the end. I can only think its cos bf & I live together that I seem to be finding it harder this time and the result is 3 gains in 3 weeks...

I am determined that when bf is gone I will be back on track. I really want this to feel better about myself and I know I can do it.

So, this afternoon I had an emergency shout from a friend. Her & her partner have just started a donut stand as a side business and were In the town centre today for the switch on of the Xmas lights with Jonty from Cash in the Attic and someone from Emmerdale and town was mobbed so they needed a hand. 3 solid hours serving donuts and I didn't eat any, the thought makes me feel sick and even my hair smells! The result is, i got home just before bf and all his mates and I'm too knackered to go anywhere. I've had a shower, put on clean Pjs and hidden myself and a naughty bottle of rose in my room!

Bf has just come thru to tell me he loves me and has bought me a ticket for their sweepy for the boxing! All is forgiven I think!

Hoping to have a nice day with bf tomorrow but I'm sure he is well on his way to a hangover!

Hope you girls are having a more fun weekend than me! Xxx

Well, that's it... BF is gone :( :( :( I was in bits, and he was really emotional too. Fingers crossed 4 months will fly by and then we can continue with all our big ideas and plans together :)

And, as he is gone, I am now back on plan. A last swansong of a takeaway on Sunday night and home made fajitas last night and it's done. I think tonight I'm going to go through all my magazines & cookbooks and find recipes I want to try. I don't like to be too experimental when bf is here cos he's not overly keen on sw friendly food, so I'm looking forward to that freedom. Starting tonight with the mushy pea curry. I think I did make it once before but can't remember if it was any good, so I'm going to give it another shot. I love Chinese curry so I don't want to be adding too many veg with it, so I'll need to fit my superfree in another way... Maybe just some stir fry veg on the side?

Going to make a big food shopping list too, altho it probably will be Sunday before I can go shopping as I'm at bf's friend's wedding on Saturday. Trying to work out all my Christmas shopping too. Bf got me a gorgeous watch that I wasn't going to wear until Christmas, but I put it on today to remind me of him, like I need reminding!! So I've already done his, and I've got ideas for his Mum, Dad and sister. That leaves my family, my boss and maybe a couple of friends. Determined not to blow the budget, I've got a lot of saving to do the next four months. which reminds me, I also need to phone Sky and cancel the sports channels. I will not be watching them, so no point paying an extra £20 odd each month for it.

Today's Food so far:

B - toast (heb &2) topped with banana
L - scotch broth (onion, carrot, celery, turnip, broth mix) Satsuma, ff yog
T - mushy pea curry with chicken, stir fry carrots & broccoli
snack - hi fi bar (6)

So far, so on plan... Long may it continue! xxx

Last edited:
Today's Food:

B- baked beans on toast (1/2 heb &1), banana
L - broth soup, Satsuma, pear, ff yog
T - pasta, peppers, chicken, hea low low cream cheese, kiwi
snack - hi fi (1/2 heb)