Cruise PP Toffee Muffins

toffee muffin help needed... Hi, i made the toffee muffins last night but they were a bit of a flop :-( they were more like an egg custard than a muffin .. any advice ??

toffee muffin help needed... Hi, i made the toffee muffins last night but they were a bit of a flop :-( they were more like an egg custard than a muffin .. any advice ??

They are not like a normal muffin.

These are quite wet and are quite eggy.

I only use 3 eggs instead of 4 and don't bother with the milk powder.

Oh my oh my - oat bran muffins

Finally made some and they are just yummy. I used recipe from Dukan site:

6 tablespoons oat bran
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
5 tablespoons yoghurt

I added:
2 teaspoon mixed spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons Gogi berries

Made six - three days worth

I just tried this recipe but tweaked it a bit.

I added 1 tsp of vanilla essence and 2 tbs of Candarel and omitted the Goji Berries.

I cooked it at 160 deg (fan ass oven) for 15 minutes which seemed to be long enough.

These taste more like cake than the eggy toffee muffins, they are a lot drier.

I much prefer this drier version.

I just cut one in half and spread thick s/c yoghurt on it, bloomin' lovely!

They also feel more filling than the toffee ones which is a good thing, I would normally have two toffee muffins but one of these is enough (for the minute ;)).

Thanks for posting the recipe.

:D

Opps - yes I put candarel in too - forgot that off my list - doh!
The Gogi berries make it similar to fruitcake - well almost ;-)... - wonder what they would b like soaked in tea prior to adding?... Ummm there's a thought ;-)

Opps - yes I put candarel in too - forgot that off my list - doh!
The Gogi berries make it similar to fruitcake - well almost ;-)... - wonder what they would b like soaked in tea prior to adding?... Ummm there's a thought ;-)

Or some grated carrot or apple.

:)

I just tried this recipe but tweaked it a bit.

I added 1 tsp of vanilla essence and 2 tbs of Candarel and omitted the Goji Berries.

I cooked it at 160 deg (fan ass oven) for 15 minutes which seemed to be long enough.

These taste more like cake than the eggy toffee muffins, they are a lot drier.

I much prefer this drier version.

I just cut one in half and spread thick s/c yoghurt on it, bloomin' lovely!

They also feel more filling than the toffee ones which is a good thing, I would normally have two toffee muffins but one of these is enough (for the minute ;)).

Thanks for posting the recipe.

Here is a pic of the ones I made this morning. I did put more in each mould so only got 4 muffins but they are very filling.

You can see how the texture is more solid than the toffee ones which use more eggs etc and they didn't sink like the other ones did.

6783418.jpg

So what is the final recipe?

So what is the final recipe?

Well you can change it to include what spices you like but I used:

Basic ingredients

6 tbs oatbran
2 eggs
5 tbs yoghurt (I used thick s/c yoghurt)
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 tbs candarel or other sweetener

Then added:

2 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp cinammon
1 tsp vanilla essence

Baked at 170 degrees in a fan assisted oven for 15 mins.

I did originally only use 2 tbs of candarel but I think you need at least 3 and I cooked the first batch at 160 degrees but I think the extra 10 deg helped them rise more.

When I make normal muffins I usually mix all of the dry ingredients together, all the wet together then add the wet to the dry.

For this recipe I just put everything into a measuring jug and gave a good mix with a fork.

Quick and saves on washing up.

I would think these would be nice with a bit of grated cheese and onion mixed in if you are on conso.

I have got a batch in the oven, just the 2 egg one all mixed together in a jug. They look and smell nice, going to try them when they are cool...hopefully i can wait until after my workout later.

I really hope i can taste the toffee!

I can have 4 of these a day now i am in cruise, tomorrow i might give some a quick zap in the microwave and put some vanilla yog on top.

I have just made these. What can I say but delicious. Best muffin I have tasted so far. I did the toffee ones but left out the milk powder and only used three eggs. Looking forward to eating them all up over the next couple of days. Thank you for the receipe.

OMG!! these are gorgeous!! i did put the milk powder in as per original recipe, you cant half taste the toffee flavour. I need to make some more but im going to have to get some silicone cases from somewhere, they stick to the paper cases. Cx

I agree they are scrummy...i have 4 every day, love them.

My muffins always stick!!!! Have tried silicone, but that stuck too.....what am I doing wrong!!!!??? xx

I dont know what your doing wrong Lovely!! my silicone cases are fab, nothing sticks, do you let them cool before taking them out? x

Back