Tomato crisps...

and

Silver Member
Feeling ill today so I had two boiled eggs on their own then had a nap.

When I woke up I thought, "you must eat something else" But I really didn't fancy any of the S&S packs.
I thought about what I'd like to eat (obvs not a pack) then remembered making crisps with the soup packets when I was doing LT...

Soo.. I just experimented with a pack of S&S tomato soup and although it doesn't work quite as well as LT for crisps it did work!

So I'm sitting with a plate of, 'crisps' and a pint ASDA coke zero - comfort food that isn't ruining my diet!

Whooo!! :happy096:

You mix the packet up to a medium batter consistency- I used fizzy water but you can use still.
Then you put 1/2 tsp dollops on greaseproof paper and microwave for about 2 mins (keep an eye on them cos they go from soggy to burned in a 20 second window. It will depend on your microwave.

When they're golden brown take out and do the next batch.

When they're cool peel them off the paper (break them up if they've turned into one huge blob as they often do).

Enjoy!

x

wow, sounds very interesting, might have to try them.

They sound yum.not to keen on the tomato soup, love the chilli and was excited to try the tomato chilli but it must be made with the same stuff as the tom soup yuk!! Might make the crisps later.

I may try this tonight to have as a "treat" after my dinner, having mushroom pasta tonight, i heard good things so Im expecting a lot lol xx

I ordered the special pack on eBay but got 20 tomato soups for the month.
Gonna defo try this as the tomato soup made ma gag last time?

Any tricks to make it taste nicer other than this???

Think I made them right. They weren't really crispy think I may have made the dollops too big. But at least they were nicer than the nasty tomato soup.

They were more like a tomato bread would probably be delicious with the spaghetti bolognase.

Will try again with smaller pieces tomorrow x x x

Yeah, there's a fine line between crisp and burned. You have to keep an eye on them!

Back