Toothbrushing?

Jessaqua

I all I'm day 2 and just wondered if anyone knows if brushing your teeth with normal toothpaste will affect ketosis? So far I've been brushing both my teeth & tongue with just a dry brush & Listerene mouthwash as wasn't sure! Have started to notice the bad breath everyone mentions today & my tongue feels a little furry despite brushing it. Gonna try the ice drops to help with breath issues, but still not sure about the toothpaste aspect, so any advice gratefully received. Thanks :0)

Hi jes,

I'm pretty sure u can use normal toothpaste... Shouldn't effect keto as your not swallowing it... I was bummed cos can't have chewing gum (the juices from it effect keto) but as a smoker I used to rely on gum to keep my breath fresh... Now I keep a travelsize mouthwash with me...

YellowUmbrella said:
Hi jes,

I'm pretty sure u can use normal toothpaste... Shouldn't effect keto as your not swallowing it... I was bummed cos can't have chewing gum (the juices from it effect keto) but as a smoker I used to rely on gum to keep my breath fresh... Now I keep a travelsize mouthwash with me...

Thanks for your reply. I just thought most toothpastes are quite sweet tasting so prob have sweeteners if some description in them & I know the lining of the mouth absorbs things pretty fast so wasn't sure? I'll persevere with listerene & try ice drops too. I'm a dental nurse so it's kinda important I don't walk around with awful breath especially when leaning in folks mouths all day! Ha ha really appreciate your advice :0)

I have been brushing with normal toothpaste, it doesnt seem to affect anything, you can call LT or your pharmacist might know. I have tried the breathstrips that LT make, they help the bad breath a lot. You can get them from the pharamacy that gave you the LT (mine were £1.49).

Iamreadyforthis said:
I have been brushing with normal toothpaste, it doesnt seem to affect anything, you can call LT or your pharmacist might know. I have tried the breathstrips that LT make, they help the bad breath a lot. You can get them from the pharamacy that gave you the LT (mine were £1.49).

Thank you will definitely give all suggestions a bash. Actually I've a feeling the couple of coffees I had yesterday may have contributed to making my mouth especially my tongue taste worse than possibly it would. I realise it's gonna be bad to some degree due to ketosis itself,but I think I'll be just sticking to my water & shakes & trying the suggestions you lovely people have pointed out. Many thanks again!

asked in pharmacy about toothpaste last week and they said it was fine....really missing my chewing gum and sadly there is no substitute for that:(

Thanks for letting me know x

asked in pharmacy about toothpaste last week and they said it was fine....really missing my chewing gum and sadly there is no substitute for that:(

The breath strips are ok, have you tried them?:eek:

Problem solved! :0) I was in the pharmacy today & bought both spearmint & ice mint ice drops & omg I'm in heaven! Love them, they make my mouth feel so fresh & water sipped afterwards tastes much nicer too as a hint of mint. They also had cinnamon ones too and apparently all 3 flavours are ok to use when on lipotrim TFR.

bridesmaid2013 said:
Hiya,

do you have the name of the ice drops you can use, they sound just what im looking for

I just posted thread with the full details on about 30 mins ago, so have a look & if you need anything other info let me know & will do my best x

Back