Touching base

sammyzip50 said:
It's interesting but though you are maintaining at 1400 cals now wasn't that the same amount you were losing on for a while?

Yes, I seem to have plateaued out at that level at the moment, but I'm not going to go amy lower just to get a few more pounds off. It may still move minutely downwards, but I've been more or less the same now since Easter. :) xx

huwiesmummy said:
I'm eating between 1600-1900 at the moment and losing, though as you lose the less your body needs to live I could see needing to stay at that level for maintaining. I don't think that I would want to live on less for the rest of my life. I try to increase my activity to cover myself on the high calorie days so the offset is 1200ish. Are you doing 1400 to maintain without the addition of exercise calories? Does that make any sense?

Yes, I don't exercise because of my medical problems, so it all has to be diet for me! :) xx

Yes, I don't exercise because of my medical problems, so it all has to be diet for me! :) xx

Ah, I walk about 5 miles a day so that would make a difference calorie wise. It's interesting to think about.

I don't rekon I'll stop what I'm doing, I think that once I stop losing I'll.just continue to maintain.

huwiesmummy said:
Ah, I walk about 5 miles a day so that would make a difference calorie wise. It's interesting to think about.

I don't rekon I'll stop what I'm doing, I think that once I stop losing I'll.just continue to maintain.

Oh you can definitely improve the situation with exercise! :) xc

I never knew about the 20% thing. I've cut back on calories but only a little and losing very slowly at 1700 think I'm now going to lower to 1500 could make a difference? And hello everyone hope you don't mind me joining in on the conversation lol

Just watched the youtube video very interesting now I know why I gain weight more than my friends who never had a weight problem when we eat the same !( this includes my OH who's never had a weight problem either he can eat for England but then again men can get away with eating more ) Thanks for posting x

katsmad64 said:
Just watched the youtube video very interesting now I know why I gain weight more than my friends who never had a weight problem when we eat the same !( this includes my OH who's never had a weight problem either he can eat for England but then again men can get away with eating more ) Thanks for posting x

No prob. :) it's certainly something to be aware of, so we can take measures against it! :) xx

How is everyone doing?

I not too impressed to be honest. I stayed the same weight last week (TOTM) and let that go. This week lost a pound (scales were reluctant) and expected a bit more. I am trying to focus on the whole month rather than week to try and keep motivated. This week since Auntie Flo left I have been feeling really hungry and trying really hard to curb it by eating more protein, eating more often and snacking on fruit. Yesterday I started a gym and went for the induction and a yoga class. To dampen it all the yoga teacher asked me how far gone I was. I am not happy I have lost 8lbs so far and its the longest I have stuck to a plan for years. I am not even that big and my stomach is significant but it not massive and not round!

Feeling a bit disappointed and starting to think why bother. I am on 1500 cals a day, surely at this early stage and weight loss is not too much especially now exercise is being introduced?

Try not to get yourself down bab. You are doing great think of this time next year how much slimmer you will be sticking to the plan. You also may have some left over water retention left over from totm try drinking more it helps. And also OMG!!!! Rude yoga instructor how rude!!!! Chances are it's just water retention on your waist line that she/he seen and guessed maybe you was expecting but oooof so rude asking! Give it a week and I bet your stomach area will go right down totm is terrible for water retention there xx chin up bab don't give up slow and steady wins the race rather loose it slowly and keep it off than loose it fast and gain it all back in the end xxxx

I'm not happy as I've gained 2 lbs. My average cal intake this week was 1700 cals. I hope it is the exercise from last week. Did a lot of classes and weights.

Any thoughts?

Sorry it's taken so long to reply internet been down. Could be the exercise muscle weighs more then fat. You retain water when exercising too. Do your clothes feel any looser? X

Sorry it's taken so long to reply internet been down. Could be the exercise muscle weighs more then fat. You retain water when exercising too. Do your clothes feel any looser? X

Hi thanks for catching up. I'm losing the plot at the moment. Things have progressed negatively the last few days. How are you?

Back