Twinkles Diary - 2 stone to loose :)

Dinner tonight was homemade lamb burgers with melted cheese and fried onions. Mmmmmm was really lovely :)

image-849592066.jpg

Tomorrow is going to test me as I'm in work all day and normally head to the vending machine! Will try and take something in and be organised.

Do make sure you count the carbs in your onions - I don't think they're technically induction veg. I usually use shallots, much lower carb and the same taste.

Good luck tomorrow! Take plenty in - make sure you're not hungry!

I will get some shallots, can't do without onions in my meals. Thanks Moonlights. X

Hi Twinkles!

In the latest version of the book (New Atkins, New You) onions are allowed in Induction, but it is pointed out that they, along with peppers and tomatoes, are higher carb veg and should therefore only be consumed in small portions. It gives a serving size for cooked onion as being around 50g, which is just over 4g carbs.

I've used onions all the way through the diet, but when I was in Induction I always weighed the amount I was putting in recipes so that I knew I wasn't going overboard - any that was excess to requirements I threw away. Same with peppers and tomatoes. If you don't weigh then it obviously helps to only buy small onions in the first instance, then you're less likely to use too much :)

Hope that helps - and good luck!

Thanks Scrumbles xx this is what I love about this board it's so much help.
No breakfast today just had an atkins bar from Boots for a quick dinner at work.
Just had chicken breast and veg was simple but lovely :)

image-1387028318.jpg

Do try not to have the Atkins bars too regularly - for many people they're weight loss stallers. Dinner looks absolutely yum! Carrots aren't an induction vegetable so make sure you count the carbs in them, but it sounds like you didn't eat much over the day.

Moonlights the Atkins bar was horrible! A bit like eating a brick ;).
Day off today so I can plan my meals better after I have got the little ones to school :) x

I had one a month or so into starting Atkins last year - only managed half and felt the rest of the day feeling sick with it sitting in my stomach like a lead weight!

Totally agree about the bars, Def not with it...I much prefer to make something myself, at least you then know exactly what is in it. I read years ago that you should never buy anything that has ingredients in it that you would not find in your own kitchen. A good guide I think....

Lunch today was a mixed grill :) Went with DH for a treat. I asked them for 2 mixed grills with no chips as I didn't want them on my plate incase I had no willpower!
Really lovely much better than an Atkins Brick;) x

What a lovely lunch, I love mixed grill but sometimes feel a bit greedy ordering it! X

It was lovely and so nice to be loosing weight but still go out to eat :)

Dinner tonight was Chicken breast with Chinese 5 spice on it and asparagus tips. Simple but lovely :). One more day until weigh in day!

image-3858861264.jpg

Looks yum...I spied some long stem brocolli on the plate...I love that, but can rarely find it.

Looks yum...I spied some long stem brocolli on the plate...I love that, but can rarely find it.

Well spotted! I get a pack of asparagus tips and long stem broccoli from Tesco. :) x

My new snack favourite. When I get home from work I am always starving! Handy to have this in the fridge :)

image-1138299392.jpg

1lb off for me today so that's 7lb in 3 weeks. DH has lost another 3lbs so 12lbs in 3 weeks for him.

I have a feeling you'll get a 3lb loss soon - it usually happens to me after a couple of 1lb losses. You're doing great - keep it up!

Back