Two melons balancing on an egg, wedged between two chicken drumsticks..

Hello Diem! Yes the warm weather has got to be an impetus for dieters everywhere...hopefully there'll be less rubbish food floating around as a result to try to tempt us (although it is prime bbq season). I love the quote in your signature, I think it's very true..we don't believe in ourselves and so we feel we want instant results to give us that reassurance.

Really glad you've settled into a way that works and makes you happy hun :) xx

Ok, I've decided..I don't want to give up this thread..it's my bit of history after all - the up's and the down's - successes and failures..

Tried the oatmeal this morning, which was a touch sickly sweet initially - but I got used to it and I love porridge for breakfast so the texture was great. It kind of reminded me of a baby porridge, made with farley's rusk?

The tomato soup wasn't too bad, a bit like a cup a soup..I've decided to try to eat all the least appetizing (apart from the oatmeal) bits first - to help my motivation later on this week, and tomato and mushroom soup are at the bottom of the list for me, so if I can cope with them I've very happy.

Maple Chocolate bar was icky sweet. If they're all like that, I can't see myself ordering too many of those when I come to make my first proper month's order. Am living on the sample box at the moment, which was quite nicely put together - a whole week's worth of food, no duplicates, so you get a bit of everything..welcome book, good quality tape measure and shaker bottle - so I'm pleased with that.

Had my soup about 1ish and I'm hungry now though, luckily am off with my driving lesson for two hours, so I won't have a chance to eat!

B xx

Yukky, yukky hazelnut shake!

Maybe the shakes would be nicer part frozen, to take the edge off the sugar..wish I had an ice-cream maker!

So glad I've got a whole week to see how I get along with this, and have not invested too much money so far.

*thoughtful B*
x

Hey LadyFel! How are you? It feels a bit weird posting again..I keep imagining I wouldn't be welcome after being gone so long! Things are going great though, I like variety of the food & some things are gorgeous (red berry shake tastes like angel delight, woo!). I've lost 6lbs in the past week and the water weight the week before low carbing..so I'm now just a couple of pounds from my lowest Atkins weight. Feels like cheating getting here so soon though lol..

Anyho, so what's the latest with you? :) Are you still 5:2ing?

B xx

Hey LadyFel! How are you? It feels a bit weird posting again..I keep imagining I wouldn't be welcome after being gone so long! B xx

Of course you're welcome hun! :) And well done on the losses so far :)

All good with me, I turned to calorie counting using MFP and a bit of walking at the end of Feb and have lost 2 stone, so I'm happy with it :D It means I can eat all the fruit and veg I want, and lots of healthy cooking from scratch, which I'm loving.

2 stone since February? *jaw drops* Wowwee! That's brilliant! I can see the appeal of calorie counting, it's much more like normal eating..one day maybe I will accomplish that lol! I find walking a great de-stressor, as well as good exercise :) really pleased to see you still here chick xx

Have been battling with mad junk food obsessions all week, I can't stop thinking about fish & chips, McDonald's, chocolate...I used to like living a little impulsively, but I'm now realising how much it all adds up if you were to respond to every craving!

Self esteem has been a bit up & down as well..I hate to think that my strength of character is so poor I have to take away food choices just to trust myself eating.. But then on the other hand, you could say dieting strictly requires a lot of character strength, and I am making positive food choices throughout the day, by choosing not to indulge my near constant whims..so I just need to remember that!

Every day is a step closer to what I've always wanted to achieve :)

B xx

Today I just want to eat and eat and eat...the last hour I have munched through 100g raw cabbage, a spaghetti bolognaise pack and a slice of deli beef. I miss normal food! But I must be strong, I am doing this for me!

Also have returned back to my naughty daily weighing..it's very hard not to lie in bed in the morning thinking about it, though I don't always see a movement.

Since the beginning of the diet I have adjusted it slightly by adding in small amounts of roast chicken or beef, I just buy the ready cooked stuff from Tesco's and spread this out (normally) with the veg allowance to get through the evening, as well as my 4 packs throughout the day. I have been wondering though how much of an effect this would have on the speed of losing. Coming from the Low Carb background, I can't help thinking that a bit of meat wouldn't raise blood sugars and can't have too many calories in a small amount. But if it was allowed, it would be in the guidelines..I suppose it doesn't hurt to keep it in for the time being, until I experience a significant stall.

An thinking about creating a 'thinspiration' pin up page online..probably mostly with miraculous weight loss before and afters..hmm..

B xx

Well I am miffed, nearly a whole bloomin' week and all I've lost is 1.6lbs..Suffice to say I am reconsidering my meat & veg snacks :-/ I thought I was doing ok with water, but I'm going to try to squeeze another litre in daily..maybe my fat cells just don't want to let go of it. Seems to be a bit of a hump for me getting past this point in my weight!

Weigh in tomorrow, fingers, toes & everything crossed for a miraculous whoosh!

B xx

Well, my obsessions with everything I couldn't eat finally got to me last night..and I ate some quiche, a small kitkat and some chocolate. And it was quite late in the evening. Naughty B.

I'm just finding that my constant thoughts of food are driving me a little mad..so I've been considering taking today off plan to clear some demons. We'll see.

Weighed in this morning a pound lighter, so the water weight hasn't hit me yet..

B xx

Hey LadyFel :) well I did have that day off plan..but it helped me focus again on the diet, & I'm pleased because I've still managed to lose 2lbs,14oz this week which I didn't really deserve.. It does seem that a little diet break now & again boosts my losses a little, but I won't test that out too often lol!

What a beautiful day today :)

Do you have any plans for the weekend..?

B xx

Well done on the loss Lady B - and sorry for being awol, life getting in the way of the forum!

How are you doing?

Back