VeggieBev’s New 2014 Diary – The Final Countdown to Target....

Hey hun, hope you have a great weekend. Well done on making healthy choices when you eat out. I always find that so hard as tend to get into the 'eating out should be a treat' mentality.

Glad you're enjoying the gym, 90 minutes each time is mental. Does it give you any idea on the machines how many calories you're burning off? x
I had a great weekend thanks, hope you did too.

I try to be good when eating out but it doesn't always happen that way...!

All of the cardio machines tell me what sort of calories I'm burning off and last night I think it was about 300 (not many considering it I can consume 300 calories in about 2 seconds!!).

xx

As per usual I haven't had a chance to get on here at all over the weekend but that's probably not a bad thing because I was very naughty. I knew when I restarted SW after New Year that this would probably be how things would work for me though - good through the week and then not so good at the weekend. I'm going with the theory that 4-5 days of being good is better than none though!

We had our Chinese on Friday and I just got mixed vegetables in a chilli and garlic sauce (hardly ate any of the sauce, the tub was still half full of sauce when all of the veggies were finished!). I asked for it with rice but when we got back I realised they'd actually given me chips and I ended up eating most of them. On Saturday I ended up having a pizza but I made sure it was the smallest one, I kept my HEAs for some of the cheese and I made sure there were loads of veggies and that it was on a thin base so it's probably not quite as bad as it could have been. Yesterday I made Colin steak and chips for tea so I had some chips too with a mushroom bake thing (pre-made so probably high in syns :rolleyes:). At night I had some dark chocolate and a few crisps while watching tv.

So overall, it wasn't a great weekend food-wise. On the other hand though, I think I deserve a gold star for Body Magic :D On Friday we all went on a little walk after dinner (2 miles) then on Saturday I walked into town instead of taking the car (3.5 miles) and then on Sunday we walked to my sisters (4.5 miles) and then I went to the gym for an hour at night. That all makes me feel better about the pizza, chinese, chips and chocolate...!!

This week definitely won't be on plan because I'm off to London on Thursday for a long weekend (back Sunday). I'm going to do my best to stay totally on plan between now and then though and hopefully I won't go too off the rails while I'm away. I'm going to try and keep the syns low today and start saving them up for going away. I've already had bran flakes with milk and banana for breakfast and an apple mid morning. I've got homemade carrot & coriander soup and a roll with me for lunch and yogurt and fruit to snack on. When I get home I'll have mushroom risotto for dinner and then I'm off to the gym with my friend around 8.30pm. I might treat myself to a mint hot chocolate when I get home so I'll hopefully only use around 2 syns.

I hope everyone else had a lovely weekend x

Hey lovely,

Sounds like a really lovely weekend! And you made the best choices when you could, which is really positive, rather than just thinking 'oh sod it' and going crazy (like I think we all used to do pre-SW).

A long weeekend in London will be fab! Have you got anything in particular planned? We are up there on Friday for Dave's birthday - we've got a posh lunch planned as well as a bit of shopping and quite a few drinks :)

xx

Sounds like a fab weekend hun. Soooo much body magic, you should be proud of yourself!

Like you say 4/5 days on plan is way better than none at all, everyone likes a treat on the weekend. Not sure whether you do this already but have you thought about trying weekly syns? Then you can be super good in the week and save a big chunk for the weekend. Hopefully you wouldn't feel like you've been 'off' plan as much if you know what I mean.

Wow, London's come around fast, bet you can't wait. Are you flying or going on the train? x

Hey lovely,

Sounds like a really lovely weekend! And you made the best choices when you could, which is really positive, rather than just thinking 'oh sod it' and going crazy (like I think we all used to do pre-SW).

A long weeekend in London will be fab! Have you got anything in particular planned? We are up there on Friday for Dave's birthday - we've got a posh lunch planned as well as a bit of shopping and quite a few drinks :)

xx

I can't wait for my long weekend in London. We're hoping to see a show, possibly We Will Rock You, we have dinner booked on Friday at a Michelin starred Indian restaurant (Colin's treat!), we got a free river cruise when we booked so we'll probably do that and then just generally seeing the sights and a bit of shopping. I think it will be a manic three days but worth it I'm sure xx

Sounds like a fab weekend hun. Soooo much body magic, you should be proud of yourself!

Like you say 4/5 days on plan is way better than none at all, everyone likes a treat on the weekend. Not sure whether you do this already but have you thought about trying weekly syns? Then you can be super good in the week and save a big chunk for the weekend. Hopefully you wouldn't feel like you've been 'off' plan as much if you know what I mean.

Wow, London's come around fast, bet you can't wait. Are you flying or going on the train? x

I've done weekly syns before but I just don't even really have the time to sit and work it out at the weekends these days, I seem to be on the go all the time! Maybe if/when things calm down I can revert back to that. For the moment though I'll just try to stay on plan when I can and then do as best I can the rest of the time.

We're getting the train to London. We can go direct from a station that's only a couple of miles from where I live so my sister is going to drop us at the station Thursday morning and my brother in law will pick us up Sunday night. I think we'll arrive in London mid-afternoon on Thursday and then we leave mid-afternoon on Sunday which really suited us xx

Nothing like a weekend away to recharge the batteries! Have a great time. What you did over the weekend was spot on - loosen the reins a little but don't go all out :)

Thanks BugFace :) I'd like to tighten up those reins just a little bit more in future though....

It's WI tonight which is bad enough but what's making it worse is that I'm having one of those days where I just want to eat and eat and eat. So far I've had 1 scrambled egg on a slice of toast for breakfast, an apple, a clementine and some pineapple mid-morning and I've just had a roll with cheese and salad AND a mugshot for lunch already! I've got a banana, apple and another clementine as well as a WW yogurt if I get peckish this afternoon although I'm starting to finally feel full now. Hopefully it'll last because today is not the day I want to keep eating!

I'm going to my friends for dinner after work and I've no idea what she'll be making so I doubt it'll be SW friendly. She never really knows what to cook for me since I don't eat meat so I'd put my money on her making her yummy macaroni cheese which she'll probably serve with garlic bread (and hopefully salad!)...... I'll keep all of my syns and I'll still have a HEA leftover but I know the macaroni cheese will be way more than that. I'll try and just have a smallish portion and hopefully she'll have lots of salad that I can fill up on so that I can try and avoid any garlic bread tempataion.

Hey hun hope WI went well. Have a great time in London and tell us all about it when you get back x

Hi all

Well it was ½lb on at WI last week which takes me back up to 10st 11lb. Considering I got down to 10st5½lb before Christmas, I'm a bit disappointed in myself. I'm determined to try and get back into the swing of things now that I'm back from London though. I think that knowing I had that to look forward to was putting me off a bit and stopping me from getting my head down and sticking with plan after Christmas/New Year.

I've decided that I'm going to stop going to Group and just try things myself. I really don't think Group helps me and more often than not I'm not even staying these days, I'm only going for WI. £5 per week is a lot to pay to stand on a set of scales when I can easily do it at home! So that's the plan now - I'm going to start weighing in each Tuesday morning from home, starting tomorrow. The £5 per week I'm saving will cover my monthly gym membership so hopefully that'll be money better spent. I suppose the only thing I'm losing out on is access to the website but I'm sure I can find everything I'm looking for either in my books or on here.

I got back from London last night and it was amazeballs!!!! We managed to squeeze loads in which was good but it's left me absolutely exhausted today. We travelled by train on Thursday and got into London around 3pm. We checked into our hotel which was a couple of minutes walk from Earls Court Station. Really nice hotel with small, basic rooms but comfortable and clean which was the main thing. We grabbed a quick pizza for dinner (the weekend was most definitely not on plan!!!) and then took a walk along the Thames, stopping to take loads of pictures of the London Eye, Tower of London, Tower Bridge and Houses of Parliament etc. We walked for ages (so at least I got in some Body Magic!) and got some great photos of everything at night.

On Friday we visited Madame Tussauds and then did some shopping in Oxford Street. At night we had dinner at TGI Friday's then went to see Dirty Dancing, which was fantastic, then went back to TGIs for some cocktails.

Saturday we stopped in at Harrods for a look around then took a river cruise which was a great opportunity for even more photos. At night Colin treated me to an Indian meal, which was ridiculously expensive but definitely worth every penny, then we had a walk around the Marble Arch area before stopping for some drinks. We purposely didn't have desert at dinner so that we could enjoy this midnight feast.....

IMAG0003.jpg

On Sunday we went to the Dungeons and then a quick walk around Piccadilly before catching the train home. It was a manic 3-4 days but worth every minute. We both had a great time and have already made a list of things we want to do when we go back!

I hope everyone else had a lovely weekend :)

Hey huni, how was weigh in?
Looking forward to your travels tomorrow?!! Xx

Not so good at WI but I'm determined to get myself sorted out and back on plan now.

Thanks for the tip about the Oyster cards, I can't believe how many times we hopped on and off the tube each day but still spent less than £30 in total on our travel! I've kept the card to use next time I'm there....!

Hey hun hope WI went well. Have a great time in London and tell us all about it when you get back x

Thanks Bev. I had a great time, gutted to be back though :( x

Sounds fantastic, and WOW that cake looks amazing! Glad you had such a good time. Know what you mean about being able to get your head down now you're home. I always find it harder right before a holiday too.

Good luck with doing SW without group. Like you said there's no point really going if you don't stay to the sessions, plus you can always ask me if you need anything from the site. In my experience most of the time google has the answers for things like syn values.

Good luck for WI in the morning. You're officially a Tuesday morning weigher like me now! You'll find it sooo much better than night time weighing that's for sure, it must be horrible worrying about everything you eat/drink in the day! x

It's Day 1 of going it alone and so I weighed in at home before work this morning and I was 10st 7½lb. That looks like a loss of 3½lb but in reality I know it's only because I usually WI at night rather than in the morning. I'll be able to compare better next Tuesday when I weigh myself in the morning again.

I've got a bit of a hectic day ahead of me so I've really had to forward plan my food. I've already had Bran Flakes (HEB) with milk (½HEA) and banana for breakfast, I've got a cheese & tomato roll (HEA+HEB) for lunch and an apple, some pineapple and a couple of clementines to snack on during the day. I'm going to the gym straight after work so I've got a banana and Muller Light to have just before I leave work (otherwise I'll end up starving at the gym and afterwards). I then need to pick my niece up from my mum's and take her home then sit with her until my sister comes home from work at 10.30pm because my brother in law is working away tonight and there's nobody to look after her. Knowing I won't have time to eat at home I've already looked out a tomato & herb pasta & sauce (½HEA+½syn) which I'll have with added peppers and mushrooms.

Because I was away in London this will be the first time I've been to the gym in a week and I actually can't wait to get back. I'm still aiming for 3 sessions per week so after tonight's session, I'll hopefully get there again straight after work on Thursday and then again on Sunday when Colin is at football.

Last edited:
Sounds fantastic, and WOW that cake looks amazing! Glad you had such a good time. Know what you mean about being able to get your head down now you're home. I always find it harder right before a holiday too.

Good luck with doing SW without group. Like you said there's no point really going if you don't stay to the sessions, plus you can always ask me if you need anything from the site. In my experience most of the time google has the answers for things like syn values.

Good luck for WI in the morning. You're officially a Tuesday morning weigher like me now! You'll find it sooo much better than night time weighing that's for sure, it must be horrible worrying about everything you eat/drink in the day! x
I think I'll be alright doing SW without group. As you say, you can find most syn values online (what did we ever do before Google!!).

The Harrods cake was super amazing - I'm glad it's so far away or I'd be so tempted to go back for more!

I wasn't too bad worrying about what I'd eat on a Tuesday before weighing in at night because I just made sure I ate as I usually would every week so that I was consistent. It will be much better now that I can do it in the morning though.

xx

Sounds like you had an awesome time!
Yum to the cake!
I don't do group either and find minis and google do just fine for the syn values!
Well done on first weigh in! :) xx

Thank you, it was lovely seeing that result on the scales this morning.

I had an amazing time in London, it already feels like ages ago now though :( Never mind though, we're already planning a couple of nights away at my mum's holiday home in Berwick-Upon-Tweed at the end of March. It will be lovely, relaxing weekend this time I think, nowhere near as hectic and rushed as London!

x

Well done on the loss! I know it isn't a true reflection but must still feel good to know how much less you weigh in a morning. Hopefully it'll give you a nice little boost for next week xxx

That cake looks delicious.....I NEED one, lol.

Good luck for goin it alone xx

Thanks Rae Rae x

Well done on the loss! I know it isn't a true reflection but must still feel good to know how much less you weigh in a morning. Hopefully it'll give you a nice little boost for next week xxx
It has made me feel really good, here's hoping it was the boost I needed to get me going again...! x

Back