Vodka

A few in my group have no syns at all on the week to allow for a weekend of fun :) x

I'd be interested to see what others have been advised on this. My group says you shouldn't save syns as you should even them out across the week to aid weightloss and not binge.

But, I know others who are told to look at syns as a weekly total, not a daily total....

I'd be interested to see what others have been advised on this. My group says you shouldn't save syns as you should even them out across the week to aid weightloss and not binge. But, I know others who are told to look at syns as a weekly total, not a daily total....

The people that do it tend to save up about half I think

The day I joined group my leader said a bottle of wine was 30 syns so if I thought I would have that at weekend to save some.

I'm still a little cautious with my syns and actually don't have them all but don't feel deprived x

Well, the difference was unreal - after my binge and -0.5lb last week, I went out and had way over 11 vodka diet cokes at weekend, and after being on here and worrying about it, finding out that a single is 2.5 syns not 4 as I thought...i lost FIVE POUNDS this week!!!! Shows just a different choice makes a big difference! I love slimming world :)

Five pounds is a fantastic loss, well done! A word of caution though - 2.5 syns is for a 25ml measure of spirits, but an awful lot of pubs/clubs now use 35ml measures as standard, which are 4 syns. Worth checking with the barman!

This is a very interesting article. Drinking doesn't make you fat: A startling new book claims that nightly glass of wine won't go straight to the hips | Mail Online The crux of it is: he claims wine and spirits won't make you put on weight.......

I totally get this. I think all the crap besides the alcohol that they put in cocktails, alcopops etc are the culprit, and I have my own evidence to prove it. Lost half a pound drinking what I wanted, lost 5 pound drinking same amount of spirits just with diet coke. Not sure about wine though. My friend loses weight when she stops having wine and moves to vodka x

Back