Week one!!!

Thanks jenboo!! I don't feel so strange now!!

Can I ask a very personal question if you're happy to answer? Did the Cambridge diet affect your toilet/bowel habits??

Thank you :) how long have you been doing it jenboo?

the first week i had an upset stomach, now its kind of the reverse..my consultant says just to take senocot or cambridge do a fibre powder that you can buy from ur consultant, as far as im aware (could be wrong) you put a teaspoon in with your shake and its meant to help:) x

Psyllium husks from holland and barrett. I always plug them in threads like this but i can't stress enough how well they work. You're supposed to take 2 before food 3 times a day but i only tend to take them twice, and i have no issues in that department whatsoever. Psyllium husks, trust me

Zenlad, you can break the products up however you like. Cutting a bar into pieces and splitting it throughout the day is very common. Sorry to hear about your anaemia. Is it quite severe? I'm mildly anaemic (vegetarian plus heavy periods over the last six months) which the doctors know about but no one ever suggested to me I couldn't do sole source. Yours must be pretty rotten. :(

Cambslass, I abhor the porridges! Which is funny, because out of shakes, soups and porridge in "real life", porridge is the only one I eat! Maybe that's why the Cambridge ones don't work for me, whereas soup and milkshakes I don't like anyway, so I tolerate the Cambridge products. I look at it as not having three meals a day but taking my medicine three times a day instead.

As for the smelling food thing, I totally get that on Cambridge! And it's not just that I want to see and smell other people's food too (I'm like a weird food-related pervert), but my senses are sharpened. I can smell chips at a hundred paces. I'm so tuned in to what edible things are in my vicinity!

Thanks Countrybumpkin I might do that with the bars! As for anaemia it was a lot worse when I was you her needed transfusions Etc but know as I have grown older and wiser I been looking after myself more. Have to take daily supplements to renew red cells but all being well won't need transfusions unless I get pregnant.
Stomach been painful after I have my proper meal of day!! It's like my body doesn't want real food!! X

Countrynumpkin! Your post made me laugh haha food related pervert hahah!! And oh my goodness..i was saying yesterday how my sense of smell has suddenly got a thousand times better lol, im now like the woman from the film 'the witches' *sniff sniff* haha yesterday my friend sat down across the room with her meal and i said "mmm smells so nice..you have tomato ketchup on that dont you?!" As i could smell it lol FOOD POLICE :) neenor xx

Wow, Zenlad! I can't imagine how traumatic and energy-zapping that must have been. Thank God things have improved now. At least with Cambridge you know you're getting the recommended about of iron each day, but I guess you probably need more than most! You poor thing.

I completely back up (no pun intended) Quiff's recommendation of psyllium husks. I add a teaspoon to each shake and have never had a problem. I bought mine on ebay, so you've got a variety of sources to choose from. If I remember rightly, it's cheaper than the Cambridge powder or medications, and it doesn't have any calories: its sole purpose is to add "bulk" to your intestine. I go less frequently than I did pre-Cambridge, but the only real toilet change I've seen is increased urination due to the sheer amount of liquids I pump through my system each day!

Yeah I still have to take my supplements even on the Cambridge as I need something like 50times the amount of folic acid than daily recommended amount. Made up that so far I am doing okay on it!! Was worried if feel more lethargic etc but nope!!

Back