Weightwatchers - Changing ??

oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive just joined and im really enjoying it

Blimming typical-I was intending on returning to class this weekend! Ah well, I can still go and when the changes are made I can always go it alone if I don't like it.
I can't imagine that they'd do away with point completey-if it ain't broke don't fix it and all, but it'd be good if it was the same plan throughout the world, it'd just make it so much easier.
Only time will tell I guess, when are these changes taking place?

ive googled pro points lol doesnt sound too bad but it gives lower points value to protein food, for a carb lover like me i hope they are not too high

I found a thread on the WW message boards, this is from a user in the USA, but it may be helpful:
the 2010 Weight Watchers International Financial Statement (no secret, available to all by goggling), states that in the fourth quarter (probably end of November), Weight Watchers will come out with a new program which is totally revamped - a new way of counting points, etc. Fruits, along with veg now don't have to be counted
I dunno if this is along the lines of the changes that will be made, I'm tempted to google the statement, is that too sad?!

i did lol, free fruit and veg brings it in line with slimming world which i know has been a reason for people preferring sw, i.e 1.5 points per bag of crisp v 1.5 points per banana, they see sw as healthier

i did lol, free fruit and veg brings it in line with slimming world which i know has been a reason for people preferring sw, i.e 1.5 points per bag of crisp v 1.5 points per banana, they see sw as healthier

I couldn't find it! :sigh: I'd be thrilled if all fruit and veg were free, it'd make it so much easier for me as I'm probably going to be back on 18 points again :cry:

just because its changing dosnt mean we have to, i just started and am going to stick to points, i know a lot of people who are still doing no count/core even tho they changed that

More googling, using google translate from the Dutch site so apologies if it doesn't entirely make sense:

Weight Watchers has recently started a new diet plan called ProPoints. Where previously the points were calculated from the amount of calories and fat is now also looking at the amount of protein, fats and carbohydrates. In the old system, these elements were reflected in the number of calories. It is now well look at how a product is built, better than before. </SPAN>

Everyone gets their own daily and weekly total. The trip is higher than the number we had with the flex points and also for anyone else again. It is recommended that the daily total every day to make. Besides the daily total , everyone gets its own week total . This total is less than 35 points and up to 49, depending on your current weight. The weekly total, you may spread across the week (or all on one day at a party for example)
Foods with high protein and fiber will have a low value because these substances are difficult to process for the body. Products rich in fat and carbohydrates will be higher again. Nutrients which are more difficult to process the body is better to lose weight.
Fresh fruits and vegetables do not count anymore in ProPoints

nice no more counting fruit and veg (If on points).!! great news. but i will stick to the old (core plan anyway really) as i know that works for me.!!

I would imagine if fruit and veg are becoming no point, something will have to give to compensate i.e. higher points in other foods?

Yeah it doesn't make sense that you could just stop counting something and keep everything else the same, does it?
I think even if they change I will stick to what I know... it's working really well for me, so why change? :)

i'm so bloody confused already with the statement bits, 35 points per week going up to 49?!?! what, are they going to give you like 5 points a day :-\

just got to wait it out i suppose, but saying that if fruit and veg are going to ALL be free... doesnt that really mean that for us eating it now doesnt really matter if it takes us over our points?

i mean say we are on 18 points, and we have used them all.... then decided to have a banana 1.5, apple and orange.. say 2 points over, then tech it really shouldnt make a difference, if they are scrapping points then fruit and veg which is pointed can REALLY be that bad for us etc lol :D ... wishful thinking?

i'm so bloody confused already with the statement bits, 35 points per week going up to 49?!?! what, are they going to give you like 5 points a day :-\

?

No theyre flexi points, again something from the US/Europe.

I think we're best waiting til an announcement is made later in the year, this is all just speculation and people are getting confused over the differences

No theyre flexi points, again something from the US/Europe.

I think we're best waiting til an announcement is made later in the year, this is all just speculation and people are getting confused over the differences

just read the link i just posted and understand a bit more, they are points there like sw have syns if you want a treat use the points there to have them.. but dont go over the points that your given for treats etc thanks :) definitely agree with you though shouldnt make a deal of it before it happens i suppose!

to be fair i hope the changes do not make it like sw. After all if i wanted to follow sw i would be there when the fact is i can do ww without making seperate meals for my family (something which never happened for me on sw)

It does sound like they are moving towards the "SW" way of thinking. The fierce competition between the 2 companies will surely ramp up even more.

But, as it's all pie in the sky at the mo, we've just got to sit tight and wait it out.

with the extra points for treats it is like sw, also maybe a bit like a traffic light system maybe? green for foods to eat with good fibre/carbs/protien etc! not saying it will be like this but might be turning towards that way

i've never heard of pro-points before and still don't fully understand, but ill give whatever changes happen a go, if i don't like then usual ww for me! :)

Back