Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Great post! Really inspirational

I am new to forum but not to ww/ sw. Years ago lost quite a bit through ww however i began cheating it guessing points etc so moved to sw last year for a complete change. I loved the diet itself as I was no longer starving all the time but found the support not great so I soon slipped back to eating bad.

This time round planning to do sw but use the forum for the support as seems great.

Look forward losing together :)

Hi all

I'm planning to join this week. Anyone know if classes are on monday this week as its a bank hol? Or is it choose a class starting tues onwards?

I've done WW before and calorie counting. I lost 5 stone at home but have put around 1.5 stone back on, I'm determined not to slip any more. I'm already angry with myself for putting weight back on, but got bored I think with it all.

I need fresh motivation, new challenges and to eat well. I've just signed up for charity place in the Great North Run, as I used to run and the motivation and need to train I find helps me.

I look forward to popping in and chatting with everyone and hopefully getting fitter and thinner this year :)

Jane

Good luck for the GNR, I did it last year and loved it :) x

New to the boards

Hi

I am a newbie too.

I'm 36 years old and have been overweight for much of my adult life.

Despite this I love walking my dogs and running and all things active, things that I would enjoy much more if I was a healthy weight.

I am determined that 2012 is the year that I sort myself out. Feeling confident and more able to really enjoy my hobbies has to be worth forgoing a few glasses of wine?!

I love SW, which I will be following at home with the help of this forum.

:)

Hello I'm relatively new. Been lurking since the end of Nov but not posted much.

I'm 34, live on the Isle of Wight. Have always been a struggling fatty as I like to call myself. Was pushing 16st a few years ago after half heartedly doing SW and WW in my 20's. The push was a photo and size 18 being too tight in New Look. Size 20 just was NOT happening for me. Lost over 3st on low carb, mum died, met new fella and became complacent. New medication and the festive season have seen me shoot back up to 14st.

So I thought a new regime would be a good thing so here I am.

Day One again support me please
Well here we go again so any support would be appreciated.
my daughter is getting married in August and I need to lose at least 1.5 stones. Will be following the original slimming world plan as i have done this before. Any tips advice or recipes would be appreciated. Good luck to you all and Happy New Year

Hello to all the Newbies :) Have a good look around the site, read the very first post on here if you haven't already, it explains a lot about the forum!
Looking forward to chatting to you all and good luck!!!

Hi,
I'm Sophie and starting again today.
I'm 22 weeks pregnant and trying to limit what I put on.
Hoping for encouragement and ideas x

Hello ladies and gents

Am I allowed to post as a newbie?

I did SW in 2008-2009 when I lost 3 stone and I was quite active on the forum. I've toyed about with it a bit since (I used to still pop on here), then I was funded got a gastric bypass but had to move PCT to one that doesn't fund it.

I am rejoining SW on Thursday and am determined to 'do' it this time. I will be 45 in May 2013 and would like to be a skinny 45!

Hugs to you all and good luck in your journeys.

Hey gang

Rejoining SW on Wednesday with my friend. We both joined up in June 2007 were i lost 3.5 stones. It was awesome and felt great.
I kept the weight off with no issues for 3 years and have been yoing yoing ever since. So wednesday rejoining with my gal pal.

This weekend I have made and freezed potions of Kheema Curry, Beef ragout and chicken and potato curry. So from Wednesday i can start as i mean to go on.

Plan ahead, do a meal planner and write it all down and im sure i will get back on track.

Have a holiday in Egypt in a couple of months so thats something to work towards for now :)

Good luck everyone

Hi everyone! I am Claire and I am 31. I have crash dieted and yo yo'd for the past 5 years and need to change my ways. I am doing the red and green days as this is what I know works for me. I successfully did slimming world in 2005 whilst pregnant with my son and lost 2 stones along the way. However, I am now bigger than I have ever been due to a combination of going from a sahm to working so having less time to cook, lazyness, tiredness (3 kids who exhaust me lol), but am determined to change. My problem has always been wanting a quick fix diet with immediate results and I now know this does not work for me. I have not set myself any targets or timescales as this does not work for me. I just want to eat better, lose some weight and be fitter and healthier for my kids. I am using today and tomorrow to plan our meals and shopping then getting into it full swing on Wednesday.

Hi everyone. First day of the rest of my skinnier life! I am looking forward to giving and receiving support. I have been on Slimming World diet before and lost a good bit of weight but as usual I didn't stick to it and put it back on and then some!!! I am determined that this is not going to happen this time and I have set myself a goal of dropping at least 2 dress sizes by July. Fingers crossed :)

Hello everyone
Back to slimming world on Wednesday to rejoin after gaining nearly all I lost :(
Hopefully by reading and posting on here it will keep me on track and give me new ideas too x
Good Luck NuttyKaty

I am in the same boat as you and am determined that this is my year and i will shine - so can you xx

Hi Guys,
First day on SW looking to lose weight for when I'm bridesmaid in my brothers wedding at the end of the year! Stumbled across this site and thought it looks fab, already feeling very inspired by it.
Good luck everyone

Back