Why dont SW give you awards for maintaining?

I don't mean to sound rude but the thing is you can't expect people to keep patting you on the back for the weight you've lost forever. As much as SW want to help people lose weight it is first and foremost a business so I don't think they're going to spend money on endless shiny stickers and pins etc. for target members who don't pay anymore. I do like the idea of a 1 year at maintenance badge though. That's not saying target members aren't valued, they most certainly have been at any groups I've been a part of. They've been asked to share their experiences regularly, their journeys are shared and celebrated, they're definitely not just ignored. Maybe you need to have a chat with your consultant and explain how you're feeling, maybe she needs to be a bit more aware of it all. She might not have lots of shinys to give out but that doesn't mean she can't make target members feel valued and important, make you feel inspirational to the group and try to use that inspiration to motivate you.

I don't mean to sound rude but the thing is you can't expect people to keep patting you on the back for the weight you've lost forever. As much as SW want to help people lose weight it is first and foremost a business so I don't think they're going to spend money on endless shiny stickers and pins etc. for target members who don't pay anymore.

This is very true. I rarely go to class now, but go and get weighed about once every 4 weeks (or when the SW website reminds me to). My C doesn't make any money out of me at all, because although I am actually about 2lb under the lower end of my target weight and should be paying, he told me to get weighed with my handbag and shoes so I don't have to pay to get back into target range!

I don't mean to sound rude but the thing is you can't expect people to keep patting you on the back for the weight you've lost forever. As much as SW want to help people lose weight it is first and foremost a business so I don't think they're going to spend money on endless shiny stickers and pins etc. for target members who don't pay anymore.

Its my experience that consultants use target members to sell the plan to other members. I'm continually being used as an example of what is possible, being asked to tell my story, talk about my experience, give recipes, hints and tips. My consultant doesn't understand the green plan so if there are any questions about it I'm the go to person, same with vegetarians who have questions about what they can and can't eat. So trust me I'm contributing and "earning my keep" even though I don't pay any more whereas the support I get is non-existent. Even my consultant isn't a target member, so yes I would actually expect SW to continue with sticker for target members who maintain

That's your consultant, not SW as a company. The fact that she gives you no support is a reflection on her, not SW as a company. The duty to motivate, inspire and support you to stay at target falls on her, if she isn't doing that then she's a poor representative for SW in my opinion.

Back