Working on Dukan - My journal to a slimmer me.

Are any of you on goodreads?

Everyone should read The Left Hand of Darkness and that will really stimulate my thesis! :D SF/F should be a nice separate topic! Think of all the really engrossing chats we can have.
I am on goodreads, but I've never been very active. I think I started a thing a while ago and then I haven't really done anything with it. How do you even find people on it?

Oh man. I just tossed a cornish hen into the oven and I threw in some white wine since I pretty much am out of everything else - and a bunch of seasonings. I had to try the whine to verify that it would go well. I kinda want all of the whine now. I should definitely not have done that.

By the way - I only have four more - three after this post - posts to make and then I can see all of your profiles! EEK! The excitement!

Haha - lets whine about the wine - I made a red wine sauce during attack and had to taste the wine too. Much as I wanted to I didn't drink it (it was good, yepyep), ended up throwing out the remainder of the bottle cause the heat wave made it turn really quick.
And yes, your memory is correct, I live in Wisconsin now... I like it here, I am surprised that more people haven't moved out here; the cost of living is low, the quality of life is high, the spring, summer, and fall are pleasant and sometimes gorgeous - winter you stay inside and watch the snow :)

I made it throughout dinner and the night without drinking that wine! I'm happy I didn't. I've never had so much control over what I eat and drink before! Dukan is giving me a lot of confidence with food. :)

I think I'm going to miss the winters in the Midwest the most. I guess it doesn't usually snow a lot out here in DC. I'll miss the blizzards and the feet of snow. I really, really like winter and how you can just watch it come down. I also enjoy driving in it and walking in it. The crunch under tires and snowboots. The slow stopping and slow accelerating. It's so beautiful is so many ways. Now, I have to hope that it's not too snowy or else flights will be canceled when I go home for the holidays! Boo on that.

With leftover white wine (people always laugh at miss teetotal here when I give this tip), I make ice cubes. They're then so handy to pop into a sauce!

Oooh like you, I love winter too. I come from the South of England originally, where the weather used to be neither here nor there as we'd say. Never that hot, never that cold. Things have evolved since, mind. Now in France, I'm more aware of the highs and lows and different seasons, particularly when over in the East of France where my weekend house is - on the edge of the plateau de Langres, one of the coldest places in France. Unfortunately, they no longer get the snow they used to, but I love hearing the stories from the oldies of how they used to be snowed in for weeks!

Autumn also is a favourite season of mine. In fact, I think summer is probably my least favourite!! I hate being hot!

Love the wine cube tip, Jo! Just have to be careful not to mix them up with normal ice cubes in the freezer :)

I will definitely need to make some wine ice cubes. That would be great and easy to use the next time I need one!
When I was in college in South Dakota - the upper middle of the states - there were always professors that would talk about snow fall that was higher than houses and the school was shut down for weeks. Nothing like that ever happened when I was there, and I've never seen snow higher than a house - unless you're talking snow banks in the country. Now, school was shut down for coldness because when it gets to be -50 without windchill, then it becomes pretty dangerous. I am a fan of the extremes, it seems! I like hot weather and I like cold weather - the in between stuff, I feel, just can't make up its mind!

Really, left over white wine lol thought that was a myth xxx

Hahaha - I knew there was a reason that suggestion hadn't made it into this forum before! :)

That's how I cook too!

I've been experimenting with dukan approved cookies tonight. I made some carrot butter and then I tried my hand at making a carrot sugar cookie. They don't taste like sugar cookies, but they do taste like a carrot spice cookie! I'll keep experimenting though, as I felt that I relied on corn starch too much. Tomorrow's a pp day, so no experimenting today!

While shopping today, I bought some gum on a whim when I realized that I REALLY wanted a slurpie. It was the fancy sugar free gum too. Totally yummy.

Wow. I stayed Dukan all this weekend! We even went for a bike ride and I didn't even eat anything non Dukan afterwards. Yesterday, I completely forgot to drink water until after I napped because I was so tired - which, of course, was because I forgot to drink water - and woke up at 4:30pm. I did drink over 2 liters for the day though once I started. I forgot that my carrot cookies had carrot in them, though...so I ate some of those yesterday until my brain started working again. I also ate some tomatoes over lunch, but I got back on the PP day before dinner and made this really great Salisbury steak out of turkey burger - it was awesome. I ate a ton and felt so good.

This morning I have just felt so hungry so I had yogurt and bran for breakfast, three eggs for lunch, and then I decided to make cheesecake puffs! I found a dukan approved recipe online, but as I've never made cheesecake before I didn't really know what should be in a normal one. Why do people put lemon in some of them? I looked through all of the recipes I could find and then I stumbled across one on the inside of the package of fat free cream cheese. I made them into puffs because I didn't want to figure out a crust and I also don't have any cupcake liner things, but my dad did gift me this really awesome cast iron puff skillet thing. It totally made fantastic cheesecake puffs. I ate a few of them, drank a bunch of water - which I also forgot about this morning - and I feel much more energized and I totally feel like I cheated on Dukan, but these are sugar free, fat free - how can this be any sort of diet?

I was thinking about the Dukan lifestyle - I've been thinking about this for a while, actually - and I just think about food so differently now. I mean, I wanted cookies this weekend and I made them out of carrots! Before this diet, I would have just tossed a bunch of sugar and flour together and made sugar cookies - and then "shared" them with my husband whilst eating the majority of them, and then I would probably feel guilty. I wouldn't have cared about the fat content, the calories, the sodium, the sugar. I would have only wanted to make cookies. Now, when I'm craving something, I think about how I can cater a recipe to Dukan. I actually think about protein, carbs, and fat. I consider the sodium and sugar in what I'm eating. Even reading people's blogs where they mess up and cheat on Dukan (hehe, it's my favorite way of thinking about it) they usually still eat rather healthy things: fruits, nuts - the occasional cookie. Either people are not fessing up to the entire binge or we've actually learned how to not eat the entire cookie box and grab things like fruit when we have to have something sweet. Yes, fruit and nuts and the cookie aren't as nutritionally valuable. What you get out of chicken or broccoli is much better all the way around, but I feel like being on Dukan really helps a person learn some control over food, because we're forced to be so restrictive.

What a light bulb moment PJ xxx well done your PMA is fantastic. Onwards and downwards xxx

Woke up thirsty this morning, which I actually enjoy. It's so much better than being thirsty and my body thinking it's actually hungry instead.

I had this dream last night where I was collecting all this food to eat: cupcakes, fruit, cookies, chocolate. All the things aren't Dukan approved. When I woke up this morning I felt so grossly full. But, I had a 1.2 lb weight loss. I didn't expect that because I ate a lot yesterday, but I'll take it! Only 5 lbs away from my TW!

I had checked out the Dukan book from the library at the start of this and then ordered it about a week ago. My copy came in the mail yesterday and I've been getting excited about highlighting and underlining and making comments. I'm SUPER excited about the conso phase. I've been looking up all types of flours and learning about each one and whole wheats. I'm really excited for conso and then eating healthy onward - I want to start making my own bread and using healthier flours. I'm going to become one of "those" people because of Dukan!

Back