Wozza's weight loss!

Don't be too gutted, a pound and a half really isn't that bad. Your friend's scales were saying 3 weren't they, so it wasn't as bad as all that? I think sometimes you have the write the human body off as a law unto itself, but I honestly think that eating less sometimes means you lose less or gain more. I know it's $hitty when you're ill but you probably had other factors rather than diet that contributed. I know it's probably not helping, if you're disappointed then you're disappointed. Try and put it behind you, and keep going. Onwards and downwards. 4lbs is a good target but I'm sure the 13s will happen at the right time. :) :bighug:

Andrea81 said:
Don't be too gutted, a pound and a half really isn't that bad. Your friend's scales were saying 3 weren't they, so it wasn't as bad as all that? I think sometimes you have the write the human body off as a law unto itself, but I honestly think that eating less sometimes means you lose less or gain more. I know it's $hitty when you're ill but you probably had other factors rather than diet that contributed. I know it's probably not helping, if you're disappointed then you're disappointed. Try and put it behind you, and keep going. Onwards and downwards. 4lbs is a good target but I'm sure the 13s will happen at the right time. :) :bighug:

Thanks Andrea I am trying to get over and have been dead good this week. Although worryingly I don't feel like I have lost anything at all so that's not good!!!! At this point I would settle for a loss of any kind and then as of tomorrow I can get back to my good cross training ways!

God I am so depressed. I mean on the up side at least I have the internet again as I have been a bit lost without it in my life, especially this wonderful forum.

However, I am generally very depressed. I have gained 3lbs the last fortnight and I am really sad about it. Last week I thought I had done well but still gained another 1.5lbs and tonight I have WI and know I have done rubbish because I went on a bit of a mad bender at the weekend and really went off plan. I had a LOT of vodka based syns. I don't know what's up with me as I had hoped to hit club 10 by now and I really could have, but instead I have only lost 11 lbs so far, which is rubbish. I really hope I haven't done too bad tonight, even a STS would be ok for now but I fear I am not going to get it. . . .

Well some of you may have noticed that I did not return that evening, or in the last 6 months or so. I hadn't been going to group really since asking a friend to join me, then of course when they blobbed, I blobbed and it all got out of hand. I went on a great holiday and then it was Christmas where I just ate EVERYTHING. Anyway I rejoined a group last night and have started again, hence the new facts in my side bar and signature. Today has been a really good day so far and I am aiming to only have around 6 syns. This is because I am going out for tea tomorrow and there may be vodka involved, although I will try to keep my food as low syn as possible. Does anyone on SW know what my best options are if I end up going for a curry? Obviously something with plain boiled rice but curry-wise? Today my food diary looks like this:-

Breakfast - Banana, Hifi bar and green tea with fresh lemon
Lunch - Ham, eggs, carrot, pepper, tomato, fat free dressing, mineral water, fat free yoghurt, satsuma
Dinner - Salmon fillet, mash (made with Quark), leeks, mushrooms (in low fat creme fraiche), salsa, pepsi max
Snacks - Grapes, Highlights hot chocolate, flavoured water (no sugar), Bubbly Choc Bite

I have actually really enjoyed getting back "on it" today as it were. I am actually not too hungry but looking forward to my dinner having not pigged out all afternoon at work. And I am so chuffed to be able to have hot chocolate as it is so cold here at the moment. I might even try to get the cross trainer going again! Wish me luck!

I had my first WI tonight after rejoining a group and I lost 2.5lbs. I realise as a first week it could have been a lot more, but I have been out and about for more meals in the last 7 days than I can count so I am pleased with my result. I joined the council swimming pools as we get a cheap pass from work so I have to go twice a week to make it financially worthwhile. I went on Weds and I have just been again tonight. I am really enjoying swimming actually and having the pass means I don't feel too guilty if I can only go for half hour or so. I am hoping for 2-3 lbs each week during this initial phase as I managed that before and I wasn't doing any exercise then. Now I have my swimming, a bit of cross training, going for walks at lunch time to complete a photography project I am working on and the bloody stairs at work. I have just moved to work in court and my office is on the second floor with the busiest courts being in the basement! I hope I remain as motivated as I am right now. Here is my food from today:-

Breakfast - Hifi bar, grapes, mineral water
Lunch - Prawns (seafood sauce 1.5 syns), tomatoes, pepper, lettuce, banana, mullerlight fat free turkish delight, pepsi max
Dinner - Boiled rice and a chicken dhansak from the takeaway (6.5 syns), apple, water, pepsi max

I havent even had my usual chocolate fix today so I might have an options hot choc before bed for an extra 2 syns. I feel so much better in myself and my skin seems to have got a bit better too, which is just great. I am fitting more into my days and not just flobbing in front of the TV eating crisps. I have to stay motivated now and keep moving in the right direction.

Back