xGeordieGirlxs Food Diary - angry tonight

Saturday 10 April

I put on 1lb this week....which i'm actually pleased about as I've been reeaallly bad and thought it would have been more. So, super speed week begins!

Breakfast - Tinned Fruit (HEXB) with fresh Blueberries and Grapes, 2 Toast (HEXB) with LCEL (Part HEXA) and a Cup of Tea with Milk (Part HEXA)

Lunch - Speed Soup, Jacket Potato with LCEL (Part HEXA), 4 Cherry Tomatoes and 2 Cups of Tea with Milk (Part HEXA)

Dinner - 2 Quorn Sausages, SW Chips and 1 Fry Light Fried Egg with Tomato Ketchup (1 Syn) and 2 Cups of Tea with Milk (Part HEXA)

Night Out: 5 Vodka & Diet Cokes (12.5 Syns)

Syns for the Day: 13.5

Last edited:
Sunday 11 April

Breakfast - 2 Boiled Eggs & 4 Toast (1 HEXB and the other 2 Pieces are 5 Syns all together), with LCEL (HEXA) and Marge (1 Syn) and a Cup of Tea with Milk (Part HEXA)

Snack - 2 Weetabix (HEXB) with Blueberries, 1 Banana and Grapes covered in a Cherry Mullerlight, 6 Mikados (3 Syns) and a Cup of Tea with Milk (Part HEXA)

Lunch - Speed Soup with a Plate of Veg: Carrots, Parsnips, Green Beans, Carrots, Broccoli and Smash with Gravy (4 level tbsps...made up as directed with no added fat...1 Syn)

Dinner - Pasta with Tinned Tomatoes, Tomatoes, Pepper, Onion, Garlic, Chilli Powder and Quorn Chicken Pieces

Supper - 6 Mikados (3 Syns), Hot Chocolate (2 Syns) and a Cup of Tea with Milk (Part HEXA)

Syns for the Day: 15

Last edited:
Mikados are too addictive to even buy i find....

Monday 12 April

Breakfast - Bran Flakes (HEXB) with Milk and a Cup of Tea with Milk (Part HEXA)

Snack - 2 Alpen Light Bars (HEXB) and 6 Mikados (3 Syns) and a Cup of Tea No Milk

Lunch - Shapers Sushi (2.5 Syns), Grapes, 1 Chocolate from my Boss's chocolates (6 Syns..I think) and a Diet Coke

Dinner - Mild Cheese & Broccoli Pasta n Sauce (0.5 Syns) and a Jacket Potato with LCEL (HEXA)

Supper - Fruit Salad with Strawberries, Melon, Grapes, Banana, Blueberries and Blackberries, 6 Mikados (3 Syns) and a Cup of Tea with Milk (Part HEXA)

Last edited:
Tuesday 13 April

Breakfast - 2 Quorn Sausages, 1 Fry Light Fried Egg, 2 Toast (HEXB) with LCEL (Part HEXA), Tomato Ketchup (1 Syn) and a Cup of Tea with Milk (Part HEXA)

Snack - 2 Alpen Light Bars (HEXB) and a Cup of Tea No Milk

Lunch - Fruit Salad with Melon, Strawberries, Banana, Grapes, Blueberries and Blackberries, 1 Thai Mug Shot (0.5 Syns) and a Cherry Mullerlight

Dinner - Speed Soup and a Jacket Potato with LCEL (Part HEXA)

Supper - 1/4 Buttons Easter Egg (6.5 Syns), 1 Chocolate (6 Syns), 2 Mikados (1 Syn) and 3 Cups of Tea with Milk (Part HEXA)

Last edited:
Wednesday 14 April

On holiday from work now til Monday :D soo happy!! Gonna make sure I'm good, and do some exercise and some productive things! And try and finish my Speed Soup...it gives me such bad pains in my stomach..probably from all the beans in it!! Having some mad chocolate cravings today :( probably because its star week!!

Breakfast - 2 Weetbix (HEXB) with Milk (Part HEXA), 1 Banana and a Cup of Tea with Milk (Part HEXA)

Snack - 2 Toast (HEXB) with LCL (Part HEXA), 8 Mikados (4 Syns) and a Cup of Tea with Milk (Part HEXA)

Lunch - Speed Soup and a Jacket Potato with LCL (Part HEXA)

Dinner - Pasta with Tinned Tomatoes, Tomatoes, Peppers, Onions, Garlic and Chilli Powder

Supper - 1/4 Buttons Easter Egg (6.5 Syns), French Fries (4 Syns), 1 Mullerlight, Diet Coke and a Cup of Tea with Milk (Part HEXA)

Syns for the Day: 14.5

I managed 11 Minutes on the Cross Trainer until my old knee injury started playing up and I had to stop. Very frustrating as I was just starting to get into it. But 11 mins is better than nothing, and 116 calories apparently. Hopefully if I keep trying and building it up my knee will get better :) fingers crossed!!

Last edited:
Thursday 15 April

Breakfast - Boiled Egg Sandwich using 2 Eggs, 2 Bread (HEB) with Tomato Ketchup (1 Syn) and a Cup of Tea with Milk (Part HEA)

Snack - 2 Alpen Light Bars (HEB), 1 Rocky Chocolate Bar (5 Syns) and 2 Cups of Tea with Milk (Part HEA)

Lunch - Speed Soup with Quorn Tikka Strips (to use the rest up and make room in the fridge haha) and a Fruit Pot with Melon, Pinapple and 1 Banana and a Mandarin Mullerlight

Dinner - Quorn Sage & Onion Escalope (4.5 Syns), Batchlors Mild Curry Rice, SW Chips, 4 Cherry Tomatoes and Salad Cream (1.5 Syns)

Supper - 6 Mikados (3 Syns),1 Banana, 1 Mullerlight and 3 Cups of Tea with Milk (Part HEA)

Last edited:
Friday 16 April

Breakfast - Bran Flakes (HEB) with Milk (Part HEA), 1 Banana, 1 Mullerlight and a Cup of Tea with Milk (Part HEA)

Snack - 2 Bread (HEB) with LCL (Part HEA)

Lunch - Wetherspoons Five Bean Chilli with Rice and Tortilla Chips (4.5 Syns) and some Noughat (8 Syns) and a Diet Coke

Dinner - Mild Cheese & Broccoli Pasta n Sauce (0.5 Syns) with Tomatoes, Sweetcorn, Spring Onion, Cucumber and Pepper

Supper - 4 Mikados (2 Syns), 1 Mullerlight and a Cup of Tea with Milk (Part HEA)

Exercise: 2 hour walk around York :)

I know I've eaten LOADS this week, and it's because its star week...WI tomorrow but know i'll have put on or STS. So next week I'm giving it 120%!!!

Last edited:
Saturday 17 April

WI this morning...I've put on 2.5lbs :( :( :banghead:

I know it was star week last week but I'm sooo angry at myself and upset. Gonna stick to the plan totally this week and exercise lots and see what happens. Maybe SW isn't for me :(

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix (HEB) covered in a Mullerlight and 1 Banana

Lunch: 1 Fry Light Fried Egg on 2 Toast (HEB) with LCL (HEA) and Tomato Ketchup (1 Syn) and a Fruit Salad with Melon, Grapes, Apple, Orange pieces, Plum pieces and 1 Banana covered in 1 Mullerlight

Dinner - Stir Fry with Noodles, Tinned Tomatoes, Tomatoes, Celery, Green Beans, Broccoli, Leek, Carrot, Onions, Pepper, Sweetcorn, Spring Onion, Garlic, Chilli Powder and Blue Dragon's Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce - (1 tbsp - 1.5 Syns)

Supper - 6 Mikados (3 Syns), Curly Wurly (6 Syns) and Lemon Cheesecake Mullerlight (1 Syn)

Drinks: Tea with Milk, Diet Coke and 5 Pints of Water

HEAs: LCL and Milk
HEBs: 2 Weetabix and 2 Bread

Total Syns: 12.5

Last edited:
Aww sweetie, sorry to hear about your gain. The only thing i can think of is your portion sizes?

I measure pretty much everything. If I have pasta I have one of my tiny chinese bowl full and then bulk it up with things like tomatoes and peppers etc. I even went out and bought myself a kiddie size plate from Asda to make sure my portion sizes are smaller.

I dunno what it can be, other than * week. It's got me down so much :(

Oh TOTM is a b*tch i always find that i gain and want to eat everything! Ive been on ww and its jsut stopped working for me and i cant get back into the right frame of mind so i am switching to nocount which is like ww's verion of slimming world and see if i can start eating healthy agian but i see you do that anyway! its those damn mikados i tell ya!
Cheer up chicken xxx

Hi I hope you dont mind me commenting, as I'm a newbie, so dont know that much myself:eek: but I noticed from your food diary you are using quite alot of syns each day. Maybe you could try cutting down to say 7 or 8 and see if that helps?

I saw your post on the main board, so though I'd sneak a peek and one thing I'm wondering is, are you eating enough fruit and veg? It seems like you are but what does your plate look like? Would you say roughly 1/3 is veg? It doesn't have to be but it's recommended for good weight loss, so I always try to do that. One thing I was told is to drink LOADS, especially on green days. Just trying to think of something to help! All the best. :)

Thank you for your posts :) Can I just say, MiniMins has actually saved my life. I don't know what I woul do without it and all of you wonderful people!

miamoo, don't mind you commenting at all :) us SWers have to stick together! I have used a lot of my syns last week. I blame it on * week - all I wanted to do was eat and eat and eat. But at least I never went over my 15 syns a day, which is something I guess haha!

Xassy, thanks for your post :) My plate is mostly veg/salad with a measured amount of pasta/quorn chicken etc. I agree with you about the fruit. I would LOVE to eat more, but it's sooo expensive, and when my parents go food shopping, they refuse to buy me any with the rent I pay them. I try to buy it when I can, when I have money! And your right about drinking a lot. Today, I decided I don't drink enough water so I'm filling up on that :)

allie1094, thanks for your message, all those ideas sound great! Which kind of juice would you say is the best? As you can tell, I'm the worlds worst food shopper. I give the money to the parents, compile a small list of what I need and let them go!!
When I eat bread, I use weight watchers, so if i bought the wholemeal bread I have two, but with the brown one you can have three (though I'm always stuffed after two so never eat the third)! I try to stick to having a small lunch, with me being at work, and if I eat too much during the day I just feel like I want to go to sleep! I normally just have salads but might start putting some quorn chicken pieces etc in.
My height is 5"2 and a half lol. I'm tiny! Which is why you notice my weight more. Thanks so much for your post, I think it's put the first smile on my face all day! :)

Last edited:
I have Robinsons No added Sugar, but lots of people suggest ribena really light, robinsons is cheaper though, and is on offer quite often, so I just stock up! I've been doing at least two litres a day this week, and found I'm not as bloated :)

A big quorn salad sounds good, as quorn is alot less dense than pasta, so will keep you full but will be less on carbs. I'm finding fruit expensive too, I just buy what's on offer and if it's not on offer then I just avoid snacking completely.

Aww bless..you're tiny! I've got a whole 5 inches on you!

Good Luck for this week!
:hug99:

Fingers crossed for a good week all round

Sunday 18 April

Breakfast (9am) - 2 Toast with LCEL and Beans (only had like 10 beans left so used em up!) and 2 Alpen Light Bars crushed up and covered with a Mullerlight

Lunch (3pm) - Quorn Sage & Onion Escalope (4.5 Syns), Smash with an LCEL mushed into it, Carrots, Broccoli, Green Beans, Leek, Parsnips and 1 tbsp of Blue Dragon Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce (1.5 Syns) and then for my Pudding I had a Fruit Salad with Melon, Apple, Pear, Plum, Orange, Grapes and Banana

Dinner (8.30pm) - Jacket Potato with LCEL, Batchelors Mild Curry Rice and Cherry Tomatoes

Snack - 12 Mikados (6 Syns)

Drinks: 4 Cups of Tea with Milk, 1 Cup of Options Mint Hot Chocolate (2 Syns) 1 Glass NAS Juice and 4 Pints of Water

HEAs: Milk and LCEL
HEBs: 2 WW Bread and 2 Alpen Light Bars

Syns for the Day: 14

Exercise: I did 22 minutes on the Cross Trainer, which is apparently 224 calories (but who believes these machines?!) and 60 sit ups

Feel like I've eaten loads today, I always feel like I do at the weekend, but back to work tomorrow so will cut down!

Last edited:
Monday 19 April

Breakfast - Bran Flakes with 2 Alpen Light Bars crumbled in, with Milk and 1 Mullerlight

Lunch - Salad with 3 Cherry Tomatoes, 1/2 a Pepper, Spring Onion, Cucumber, Celery and Blue Dragon Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce (1 tbsp, 1.5 Syns)

Dinner - Chilli using Quorn Mince with tinned Tomatoes, Tomatoes, Onion, Pepper, Garlic, Chillies, Chilli Powder, Kidney and Butter Beans and Boiled Rice with 1 tbsp of Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce (1.5 Syns) and a Small Jacket Potato

Supper - Pineapple, 1 Mullerlight and 6 Mikados (3 Syns)

Drinks: 3 Cups of Tea with Milk, 2 Pints of NAS Robinson's Summer Fruits Drink, 2 Pints of Water and 1 Bottle (500ml) of Water

HEA: Milk
HEBs: Bran Flakes and 2 Alpen Light Bars

Syns: 6

Exercise: 30 Minute Walk at Lunch Time

Last edited:
Back