xj-esx diary to loosing and maintaing

As I said before I will be posting photos of the low calorie foods I have as I love sharing recipes and ideas and I'm also one of those people who love to take photos of their food using my iPhone. :p

This is what I had for breakfast (which can be seen in the post before) Its my favourite breakfast and its low in calories.

Onken natural fat free yoghurt with special K red berry breakfast bar and a few raspberries - 188 calories

IMG_4124.JPG

That looks lovely! I get really stuck for breakfast ideas so tend to flit between eggs, oats so simple and weetabix :-( x

xj-esx said:
I wanted Scott to win towards the end, was shocked he got voted out! Who did you want to win?

I used to do exactly the same! Especially with cheese. I used to be really healthy then come home and have cheese on toast or just blocks of cheese if there was nothing else to eat. I stopped by buying loooads of different low calorie options of snacks and having a few of them at one time which made it feel like snacking but the calories remained low :) xx

Scott too! But only in the final 3 or 4 weeks, but I was happy with Luke A. Absolutely hated Deana.

I've gotten rid of all the bad stuff now (my niece is over the moon as she got it all) but I'm wary of buying healthy snacks as I have no willpower. If I could allow myself one little kit kat, or one fudge, or one packet of snackajacks then that would be ok, but I'll teach for one and end up eating 4....defeating the purpose :-( I've put grapes in the freezer and do far that seems to be doing the trick. I'm going to make sugar free jelly too x

CharlieDelta said:
Scott too! But only in the final 3 or 4 weeks, but I was happy with Luke A. Absolutely hated Deana.

I've gotten rid of all the bad stuff now (my niece is over the moon as she got it all) but I'm wary of buying healthy snacks as I have no willpower. If I could allow myself one little kit kat, or one fudge, or one packet of snackajacks then that would be ok, but I'll teach for one and end up eating 4....defeating the purpose :-( I've put grapes in the freezer and do far that seems to be doing the trick. I'm going to make sugar free jelly too x

I'm going to watch big brothers bit on the side tonight, I wonder if they give away any clues on who's going in on Wednesday!

I am prone to do that too! Once I had a slice of bread which turned into literally like 7 slices of toast I couldn't believe it. I have bought jelly beans as they are only like 4 calories each so can eat quite a few of them, I also buy the small treat size Milkybar which is like 70 calories and small haribo packets which again are around 70 calories, that way when I feel like binging on snacks I can afford too (just) Oo I love cold grapes! That's made me really want grapes now hehe :) xxx

CharlieDelta said:
That looks lovely! I get really stuck for breakfast ideas so tend to flit between eggs, oats so simple and weetabix :-( x

Thank you! It is lovely, I'd really recommend it, especially if you get bored of breakfasts :) I usually have eggs as well, but I'm trying lots of different recipes at the moment so I don't get too bored. I try and have a different style of egg such as poached, scrambled etc with different extras like peppers and ham whenever I cook eggs, otherwise I feel like its a chore to just have "eggs" again for breakfast xx

Yum the breakfast looks good and also desk friendly which is a plus- eggs are an amazing breakfast but there is no way I could stomach them before 7am when I leave the house. My go-to brekkie is oatbran made with almond milk with banana or raspberries or blueberries- tasty! I am a total breakfast convert- I never ever ever used to eat it- but now I am probably 50/50 throughout the week.

BerryBerry said:
Yum the breakfast looks good and also desk friendly which is a plus- eggs are an amazing breakfast but there is no way I could stomach them before 7am when I leave the house. My go-to brekkie is oatbran made with almond milk with banana or raspberries or blueberries- tasty! I am a total breakfast convert- I never ever ever used to eat it- but now I am probably 50/50 throughout the week.

Thank you :) Oh noo, I couldn't eat eggs before 7am either haha. Your breakfasts sound delicious, I've been wanting to try almond milk for a while. Is it quite healthy?

Hey all. Just checking in. Feeling a bit anxious about what my food diary will consist of today.

My mum and OH want to cook a cheese, leek and bacon pasta bake for dinner tonight, uh ohh. I asked if I could cook it (because then I can weigh the ingredients and serve my own portion) but I know it's going to be pretty bad and high in calories. I'm going to have a small portion with some salad and hope for the best. The past two days my calories have been quite low so I suppose I can afford to have more today but I'd rather have something a little healthier.

I think today I am cooking a omelette for lunch, hopefully that will only be around 400 cals so dinner can be more.

J x

I have finished cooking and eating my greek omelette for lunch and it was so tasty! I would definitely recommend. The recipe I found on goodfood.com however I adapted it to make it lower calorie, rather than using 2 whole eggs I used 1 whole egg and 1 egg white to lower the calories.

What I used;
1 large egg - 115 calories
1 egg white - MFP says 17 calories?
30g of feta cheese - 82 calories
40g of bacon (fat removed) - 40 calories
small amount of red onions, tomatoes chopped up and peas - around 40-50 calories

Dressing;
Although the recipe doesn't need a dressing (something I found out after eating it) I did drop in a few drops of Jif lemon juice into the omelette and I had some tomato chutney on the side however I didn't use the chutney in the end as it tasted better without.

Overall the dish is around 294 calories give or take depending on how much veg you want to include :) Its really easy to make, simply cook the onions for 4 minutes with fry light, then add in the tomatoes and peas for around 2 minutes to cook, once thats done put the whisked eggs into the pan and stir around till its nearly cooked, pop under the grill for around 5 minutes and then its complete.

IMG_4132.JPG

That looks amazing! And such a filling dish for the calories :)

I discovered that 3 of the WW frozen mashed potato patties are only 81 calories! That's my dinners sorted when veg just won't cut it x

**Todays Diary**

Breakfast; 30g of Frosties and 125ml of semi skimmed milk - 172 calories

Lunch; Greek style omelette with feta cheese, peas and bacon - 282 calories

Dinner; Homemade pizza with mozzarella, ham, tomatoes and onions - 695 calories

Snacking; Half a bar of cookie crumble galaxy - 126 calories

Overall calorie intake ; 1275

I managed to say no to the leek, bacon and pasta bake, hurrah. I cooked it for my mum and OH however I cooked myself a pizza. It was quite high in calories but I know it was less calories (way less) than what the pasta bake would have been and I wanted to try and up my calories for today as they have been quite low. I didn't put any cheese other than feta and two small pearls of mozzarella on the pizza to make it lower in calories. It tasted ok however I think WW pizzas are much nicer and lower in calories so I don't think I will be using the recipe I used today again.

Mmm yesterday's food looks yummy! Xxx

Nikki<3 said:
Mmm yesterday's food looks yummy! Xxx

Thank you! Shame about the high calorie rubbish dinner :-( not sure why I continued to eat it! Anyway today is a new day :) I am making phillidelphia Thai green curry for me and the OH tonight. I've never had thai food before or this particular dish but whenever I see the advert about using phillidelphia I alwas think it looks lovely! Has anyone else tried it?

Yeah I did this as I was intrigued my BMR was 1438.95 (before the harris benedict equation) - is your 1,700 figure after you have multiplied by the relevant activity level?

Love thai food- haven't tried making it with philli - I usually just use the best paste I can find and 1/2 fat coconut milk - DELISH and spicy things are filling too.

BerryBerry said:
Yeah I did this as I was intrigued my BMR was 1438.95 (before the harris benedict equation) - is your 1,700 figure after you have multiplied by the relevant activity level?

Love thai food- haven't tried making it with philli - I usually just use the best paste I can find and 1/2 fat coconut milk - DELISH and spicy things are filling too.

Yep mine is after I have added in the relevant activity level :) So does this mean if I eat under 1700 cals I may hopefully loose weight?

Oh that sounds nice! I'm very excited to try. I got some coconut milk as well which I will be adding in :) Worked out its around 495 cals with chicken and some rice so not too bad!

**Todays Diary**

Breakfast; Oat and raisin breakfast bar - 98 calories

Lunch; Had a very small amount of my OH homemade cheese and ham pasta bake oops :( - ?? calories

Dinner; Homemade philadelphia thai green curry with rice - 487 calories

Snacking; One piece of galaxy - 50 calories

Overall calorie intake ; 635 (That I know of, this doesn't include the pasta I had for lunch and the fizzy drink)

I also had quite a lot of elderflower fizzy drink today, I'm not so sure on the calories but I can find out soon so I will be adding that into MFP to get a more detailed diary and onto here. I wish I hadn't had it now and I wish I didn't have some of the pasta bake, feel very naughty. However dinner was AMAZING and so filling :)

Last edited:
Good overall total - and nice filling meals so you didn't snack at all! I will def be doing the thai green curry soon, thats awesome for >500 cals. I know what you mean about the drink- it is bonkers how high they are but nice as an occasional treat and it didn't even tip you over your allowance today :)

Re BMR I think so, mine came out at over 1,700 with the light exercise multiplier, so I think to create a deficit and lose you keep lower than that.

Back