So I have finally decided to embark upon the biggest challenge of my life .after having tried every diet and fad going I am going to lose my weight for good. I have struggles with my weight since the age of thirteen I am now twenty nine it has taken over life for far too long.
I weigh 18 stones and 6llbs .... Disgusting yes! . It is time now to rid myself of this weight and I thought that keeping a diary on this forum would help to motivate me to do this. I literally woke up today and felt enough was enough and so I jumped straight in and have achieved my first full day without having anything "naughty".
I think it's important to recognise the reasons behind me wanting to lose weight in order to motivate me to reach my goal.
I want to lose weight because:
1) I want to be healthier and be able to play in the park with my son.
2) I want to feel attractive and attract a man who loves me and how I look.
3) I want to wear clothes from current shops and trends
4) this is the biggest reason I want to feel confident and outgoing and be comfortable in public .
I have decided to set myself small goals and so I would like to lose a stone first of all I haven't set a time limit as such because I know that I need to learn to eat healthily and so whilst doing this and picking up good habits I have to be prepared that it will not happen overnight.
I have also recognised my barriers to losing weight .... The little bad habits that creep in to sabotage my success they are:
1) I eat my feelings - when I feel down or stressed I eat to feel better (vicious circle)
2) I eat out of boredom
3) I am weak when it comes to saying no when people offer me treats
4) I eat at night when I am alone
5) I reward myself with food.
I am hoping that throughout this journey I break these barriers down and that if I am completely honest and open with myself I will be able to do that.
I just don't like how being this size feels and I want to feel good for a change ! Wish me luck !!!!!