Im doing good thanks how are u doing? X
Hi Diet girl . All the information you have posted is really good . I agree with cheekychick though 6st 12 seems really tiny. I am 5 ft 3 in and couldnt imagine myself that low. Aim for about BMI 22-23 which is in the middle of your healthy range.
Thanks michillinwoman! 7stone is 18.5 BMI the minimum BMI, 6st12 would be just a bit below that. I was BMI 22-23 before and I wasn't satisfied with myself. If I saw someone of a similar height/weight, I would think they looked great but then when I saw myself, I still saw myself as overweight.. Maybe I just needed to tone up more then? I used to read fashion magazines like Elle so I think that gave me additional body issues! That's why I'm focusing on the "manage my feelings" habit of weight watchers.
I used food before as a means of control in my life; overeating to hide a feeling or undereating to feel powerful. It would work for a while but then I'd either gain weight or feel hungry or whatever and cave in eventually so a vicious cycle basically! I've gone on weird diets before- I did the detox diet (no dairy, meat, alcohol, junk food), low carb, squandering points on nights out and then eating very little throughout the week.. I wouldn't recommend saving points for treats at the weekend, at least not for me anyways, as I think it just leads to binge eating. I just do portion control now (weight watcher handbook and Portion size | Bupa UK) and exercise. I do the Weight Watcher Core Plan. I like it as I enjoy cooking from scratch and dislike counting points!
Hi carlylanky140, I'm doing good, been slacking off my exercise this week though! oops!
Oh I love the makeup tutorials on youtube so I posted a few alongside the the recipes/fitness
Hi again diet girl . BMI 18.5 may be the minimum but anything under that is under weight and you dont want to go there. You said yourself you have a problem with your body image so when you get to BMI 21-22 either post some pictures here or ask your friends ,do they think you are thin enough? Betya they will say you are fabulous
You said one thing that fightened me there as well that "you used to undereat to feel powerfull". Please dont starve yourself to feel in control. Loosing the weight slowly and steadily is so much healthier .
Thanks michillinwoman..yep, think you are right! I am a total perfectionist with all-or-nothing/ black and white thinking. But I'm going to address it now! I was googling there and found some good stuff. I'm gonna stick it here for reference and for whoever else wants it!
I agree u don't really want to go below BMI of 20! Sure u will look fab then x
Aw thanks carlylanky140 Appreciate the support from you guys!
O point veg: (I'm doing the old Weight Watchers, just in case anyone is confused!!)
baby sweetcorn, 1point per 1tbsp tinned/frozen sweetcorn
Herbal tea incl green tea
O point recipes:
*veg soup (dont use parsnip, potato, baby sweetcorn, peas)
*Green salad (lettuce, beetroot, grated carrot, basil/flat leaf parsley, scallion/red onion/onion, peppers (red/yellow/green), tomato/cherry tomato
*carrot and coriander soup
*tomato, red onion, cucumber and basil salad with some salt and pepper to season
*tomato and basil soup
*butternut squash soup (depends on ingredients!)
Types of Lettuce:
Types of Lettuce
Lettuce Varieties - Types of Lettuce Varieties
Be careful how much condiments I use:
1tbsp olive oil=100calories=3tsp
1tsp olive oil=33cals (approx!)
1 tbsp soy sauce=10 cals
Weight Loss Resources - Fad Free Tools for Healthy Weight Loss
Nibbles add up:
Make sure I point them in, should there be any!
1 biscuit=74 cals
Can of coke=139 cals
200ml orange juice=88 cals
Types of fish:
Types of Edible Fish - General Information plus Recipes
How to buy fresh fish:
Tips on Buying Fish and Seafood -- How to Tell if a Fish is Fresh
Positive Mental Attitude/PMA
Slogans I like:
*Whether you think can or can't, you're probably right-Henry Ford
*A journey of a thousand miles starts with one step
*Keep on keeping on
*The difference between want and need is self-control
*Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels
*When you say "no thanks" to food, you say "yes please" to thin
*If I don't do it, no one else will
*Stay strong, carry on
*If it's to be, it's up to me
*Dust yourself off
*Get on with it
*Just do it
*Every little helps
*I alone shall do it
Advantages of reaching goal weight:
1. Fit into old clothes again
2. Throw out clothes that are too big
3. Feel more confident
4. Look better
5. Be able to wear more things
6. Be proud of my body
7. Feel in control
8. Be healthy weight again
9. Body working better
10. Stronger muscles
11. Stronger mental attitude
12. Sense of achievement
13. Feeling of excitement
14. Fresh start
15. Increased self-esteem
16. Look in the mirror and be happy with what I see
17. Wear a bikini and feel good in it
18. Wear shorts and feel good in them
19. Daintier feet
20. Dainty wrists again
21. Nice collarbone again
22. Increased fitness
23. Start of setting myself more challenges and being more adventurous in general
24. Increased positive attitude
25. Feel good the minute I wake up in the morning
26. More energy
27. Better sleep
28. Stronger bones
29. Less stress/better able to handle stress
30. Be able to wear the type of clothes I want
How to deal with food cravingsto snack!)
1. Herbal tea
2. Water, water, water
4. Write down-journal
5. Thought form
8. Am I hungry?
9. What am I really hungry for?
13. Fitness DVD
14. Do a chore I hate
15. Do Cost/Benefit Analysis (pros &cons)
Looks good x
My Healthy Swaps:
1. Fizzy drinks/alcohol->water/herbal tea
2. Sitting->moving (walking, aerobics)
3. Complaining->problem solve
4. Self pity->gratitude
6. Not taking enough care of my appearance->grooming (weekly manicure, pedicure, blackhead strips once a week, 3 litres of water a day, moisturising with Johnsons baby oil, moisturising with cream for very dry body parts. whitening my teeh.
7. Snacking->no snacks in between meals
8. Get up late->get up early in morning
9. takeaways->cooking everything from scratch
10. Giving out to myself if I make a mistake->problem solve and giving myself a break!
11. Diet mindset->healthy mindset
*Behaviour Therapy (BT)
Last edited by dietgirl24 : 21st July, 2011 at 04:59 PM Reason: needed to add more detail!
-Behaviour Activation-fun activites, weekly schedule
-ABC's-Activating Event, Behaviour, Consequence
-DEF's-Detective Work and Disputation, End Work, Follow Through
-Keep a Thoughts Diary, check out recurring thoughts-core beliefs.
-Core Beliefs-by trying things out. Hot thought/Prediction/what actually happened/Balanced Core Belief. Carry around balanced core belief index cards around with me. Re-read manual regularly.
-Life Areas, set goals
-Slip-ups/bad days are normal. Keep going-get social support
1. Manage my thoughts -Thought Records, Reframing, Know the 10 thinking errors. Watch my language-use positive words only.. Write down reasons for wanting to lose weight, consequences for binging/overeating. One positive thought for the day. Read thought for the day.
2. Manage my feelings-is this emotional hunger. 100% abstinence, figure out triggers. Be AWARE of them and PLAN AHEAD for t
1)Eat well, 2)exercise, 3)plan, 4)thoughts, 5)feelings, 6)ignore outside influences/take care of no1, 7) surroundings
*Okay this week the habits I'm working on are:
2. Make wise food choices
3. Manage your thoughts-thought records
4. Manage your feelings-100% abstinence. "Phantom hunger"
5. Take care of yourself-ignore outside influences
*These are the most important five habits for me to work on. I am good at the other habits already.
If I am totally stuck then 3 W’s-water, write down and walk.
Hi good luck on ur weight loss journey.
Hi thanks babypat How are you getting on yourself?
*Manage My Feelings:
-problem/brainstorm/pros and cons/choose one/do it
-serenity prayer/just for today
-worry will make me look old before my time
-worry will give me wrinkles!
-worry makes me miserable and I don't want to be miserable
-worry could give me something like cancer or a heart attack when I'm older-could result in early death so stop it now
*as long as I have food, water and roof over my head, I've no reason to complain
*occupational therapy idea- get busy
Your mind can concentrate on one thing at a time.
Take advantage of that!
What I've done:
-Thought Records-do *twice* a day though!
-Mindfulness exercise-twice a day
Learn New Skills
-I am putting things off until after I lose the excess weight which is silly, I know. So enough of that!
Do more exercise
Do different forms
Be more disciplined-
How: Be more organised
-do a weekly plan for all my activities
-wake up at same time each day (7am)-reduce by 15 minutes each week until I end up getting up somewhat naturally at 5am each day.
-learn as many new skills as I can
-be *consistent*..do habits EVERY DAY. Skipping days is not acceptable!
Slogans I like:
*Self respect is the fruit of discipline
*Discipline is liberation
* The successful person has the habit of doing the things failures don't like to do. They don't like doing them either necessarily. But their disliking is subordinated to the strength of their purpose.
* It is one of the strange ironies of this strange life that those who work the hardest, who subject themselves to the strictest discipline, who give up certain pleasurable things in order to achieve a goal, are the happiest men. When you see 20 or 30 men line up for a distance race in some meet, don't pity them, don't feel sorry for them. Better envy them instead.
* It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.
* What it lies in our power to do, it lies in our power not do.
* Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees or the stars; you have a right to be here.
* Nothing of importance is ever achieved without discipline. I feel myself sometimes not wholly in sympathy with some modern educational theorists, because I think that they underestimate the part that discipline plays. But the discipline you have in your life should be one determined by your own desires and your own needs, not put upon you by society or authority.
*Discipline is remembering what you want.
Discipline is more important than motivation.
There will be days that I don't feel like doing it (ie not motivated) but I will be *disciplined enough* just do it anyway regardless.
Therefore, logically, discipline > motivation.
Rewards of Self-Discipline:
3. Feel good
4. Success in everything you do because you persevere no matter what
Last edited by dietgirl24 : 29th July, 2011 at 09:09 AM Reason: needed to add more detail :)
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.