Page 75 of 113 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1690
Like Tree641Likes

Thread: de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

  1. #1111
    Im always here!

    Join Date
    21st January, 2011
    Posts
    5,268
    Rep Power
    0
    Haven't been well lately but managed a cleaning spree today with the help of my 4 & 2 year olds. We swept all downstairs, cleaned the windows & mirrors downstairs, dusted & polished, cleaned the fire place, emptied & reloaded dishwasher, moved laundry round (folded, in to dryer, new load I washer etc). Basically my kitchen, living room, powder room & entrance hall are all clean & tidy. The kids beds are made too.

    I doubt I'll be doing zone missions for a wee while but its nice to keep on top of things & be company ready. The fact the kids know the routines too is good :-)

    Sent from my new ARCHOS tablet :-)

  2. #1112
    Why Be Normal?


    Join Date
    25th July, 2008
    Location
    Cambs, UK
    Posts
    32,207
    Rep Power
    892
    Diet: S & S (like CD800 or 1000)
    Height: 5ft4in
    Start Date: ReStart: 12/05/14
    Start Weight: 188lb
    Current Weight: 170lb
    Goal Weight: 138lb
    Goal Date: ASAP


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 32.3
    Current BMI: 29.2
    Goal BMI: 23.7


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 18lb
    Weight to Lose: 32lb
    % Lost 9.57%
    Laundry all dried and most folded. All suitcases emptied and most things put away -- still some laundry in dryer to fluff, fold and put away Also two loads from airing cupboard to fluff, fold and put away. One load drying in the airing cupboard.

    Picked up bits for dinner - plan to get some ironing done tonight.
    Last edited by MinnieMel : 19th February, 2013 at 04:52 PM

  3. #1113
    Im always here!

    Join Date
    21st January, 2011
    Posts
    5,268
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama-bear View Post
    Haven't been well lately but managed a cleaning spree today with the help of my 4 & 2 year olds. We swept all downstairs, cleaned the windows & mirrors downstairs, dusted & polished, cleaned the fire place, emptied & reloaded dishwasher, moved laundry round (folded, in to dryer, new load I washer etc). Basically my kitchen, living room, powder room & entrance hall are all clean & tidy. The kids beds are made too.

    I doubt I'll be doing zone missions for a wee while but its nice to keep on top of things & be company ready. The fact the kids know the routines too is good :-)

    Sent from my new ARCHOS tablet :-)
    Plus main bathroom cleaned. Not bad for one day.

    My to do list though is: empty & reload the dishwasher again, change more laundry over, put it all away, vacuum upstairs landing & bedrooms, strip beds & wash, mop floors. I will have to spread this out though.

    Sent from my new ARCHOS tablet :-)

  4. #1114
    Why Be Normal?


    Join Date
    25th July, 2008
    Location
    Cambs, UK
    Posts
    32,207
    Rep Power
    892
    Diet: S & S (like CD800 or 1000)
    Height: 5ft4in
    Start Date: ReStart: 12/05/14
    Start Weight: 188lb
    Current Weight: 170lb
    Goal Weight: 138lb
    Goal Date: ASAP


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 32.3
    Current BMI: 29.2
    Goal BMI: 23.7


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 18lb
    Weight to Lose: 32lb
    % Lost 9.57%
    Still finishing up laundry, need to clean loos and kitchen, ironing still awaits, grocery shopping essential, dinner to sort, vacuuming needs doing... Motivation lacking.


    Today's Flight Plan

    Today is Wednesday: Anti-Procrastination Day

    This week we are in Zone 4: The Master Bedroom

    This month's Habit is: Decluttering for 15 Minutes a Day

    Zone 4: Mission #3 Wednesday

    Wednesday is Anti-procrastination Day. We are going to straighten up the floor of your closet! No more putting this off!!!!

    Do you think you have too many shoes? While you are lining up your shoes; pick two pair to give away or throw away. The next time you are looking for the pair of shoes that match your outfit, you will smile because you will be able to find them without getting down on your hands and knees. This will put another smile on your face and keep your hair from getting messed up!

  5. #1115
    Taz
    Taz is offline
    Spam Hunter


    Join Date
    23rd March, 2008
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    22,765
    Rep Power
    1383
    Diet: HGB
    Height: 5ft6.9in
    Start Date: 10/04/2013
    Start Weight: 17st12lb
    Current Weight: 13st5lb
    Goal Weight: 10st10lb
    Goal Date: 18/07/2015


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 39.2
    Current BMI: 29.3
    Goal BMI: 23.5


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 4st7lb
    Weight to Lose: 2st9lb
    % Lost 25.2%
    Started sorting stuff back into the bedroom at the weekend and another 2 bin liners filled for the charity shop! The carpet went down on Monday and the bed will arrive tomorrow morning. Still more stuff to get out of storage and we think we may still need to go through the stuff we have already put away again and get rid of more. Lounge still a tip but some of that can't be moved til the bed is here so hopefully I can reclaim the lounge starting from tomorrow!

  6. #1116
    Why Be Normal?


    Join Date
    25th July, 2008
    Location
    Cambs, UK
    Posts
    32,207
    Rep Power
    892
    Diet: S & S (like CD800 or 1000)
    Height: 5ft4in
    Start Date: ReStart: 12/05/14
    Start Weight: 188lb
    Current Weight: 170lb
    Goal Weight: 138lb
    Goal Date: ASAP


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 32.3
    Current BMI: 29.2
    Goal BMI: 23.7


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 18lb
    Weight to Lose: 32lb
    % Lost 9.57%
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Started sorting stuff back into the bedroom at the weekend and another 2 bin liners filled for the charity shop! The carpet went down on Monday and the bed will arrive tomorrow morning. Still more stuff to get out of storage and we think we may still need to go through the stuff we have already put away again and get rid of more. Lounge still a tip but some of that can't be moved til the bed is here so hopefully I can reclaim the lounge starting from tomorrow!
    Sounds like it's coming together!

  7. #1117
    Why Be Normal?


    Join Date
    25th July, 2008
    Location
    Cambs, UK
    Posts
    32,207
    Rep Power
    892
    Diet: S & S (like CD800 or 1000)
    Height: 5ft4in
    Start Date: ReStart: 12/05/14
    Start Weight: 188lb
    Current Weight: 170lb
    Goal Weight: 138lb
    Goal Date: ASAP


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 32.3
    Current BMI: 29.2
    Goal BMI: 23.7


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 18lb
    Weight to Lose: 32lb
    % Lost 9.57%
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnieMel View Post
    Still finishing up laundry, need to clean loos and kitchen, ironing still awaits, grocery shopping essential, dinner to sort, vacuuming needs doing... Motivation lacking.

    Today's Flight Plan

    Today is Wednesday: Anti-Procrastination Day

    This week we are in Zone 4: The Master Bedroom

    This month's Habit is: Decluttering for 15 Minutes a Day

    Zone 4: Mission #3 Wednesday

    Wednesday is Anti-procrastination Day. We are going to straighten up the floor of your closet! No more putting this off!!!!

    Do you think you have too many shoes? While you are lining up your shoes; pick two pair to give away or throw away. The next time you are looking for the pair of shoes that match your outfit, you will smile because you will be able to find them without getting down on your hands and knees. This will put another smile on your face and keep your hair from getting messed up!
    All folded laundry put away! . Still more to be sorted - but I see the light the avalanche from Mount Washmore is decreasing! (Of course, the ironing basket is overflowing!)

    DD's trundle bed sorted and tucked away! Duvet cover back on. Room vacuumed.
    All upstairs waste baskets emptied.
    All upstairs vacuumed.
    En suite cleaned.
    My sheets changed and room tidied.
    Mirrored wardrobe doors, jewelry armoire and dresser mirror cleaned.

    Anti-procrastination items so far: broken hook from bedroom door replaced. Batteries replaced in exercise bike and two clocks. Now watching borrowed DVD that I've had for ages whilst I have my first S & S product of the day.

    I've decided that whilst I'm trying to lose -- I'm waiting until afternoon for my first product. Ive noticed that if I followed "The Skinny Rules" and have breakfast within one hour of getting up -- I eat more through the day. I'm hoping to SKINNY RULES, PRIMAL, SOUTH BEACH (all overlap) for maintenance.

    Held off on grocery shopping -- in order to take DD with me. She needs to write down the prices of ingredients for her cupcake project -- then calculate how much each one cost to produce. We need to do this, make the evaluation form, make our "tweaked" product -- and get people to evaluate the three prototypes. Then, write it all up. We've got a good start.

  8. #1118
    Likes to post

    Join Date
    12th February, 2013
    Location
    East Lothian Scotland
    Posts
    110
    Rep Power
    24
    Diet: weight watchers /skinny fiber/exercise
    Height: 5ft4in
    Start Date: August 2012
    Start Weight: 14st4.5lb
    Current Weight: 10st2.5lb
    Goal Weight: 9st9lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 34.4
    Current BMI: 24.5
    Goal BMI: 23.2


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 4st2lb
    Weight to Lose: 0st7.5lb
    % Lost 28.93%
    Oh dear i seem to break into a sweat at just doing laundry and a quick run round with the hoover.You all seem like domestic goddesses LOL i can never decide weather im to busy or to lazy to do much housework.I am still recovering from the cleaning the oven episode .

    I will need to do a big clean soon because the scaffold will be removed from the outside of the house in the next few days and i will NEED to clean all the windows and doors,Then i suppose i will see all the cobwebs and dust for the first time in months .There is a lot to be said for being in the dark

  9. #1119
    Why Be Normal?


    Join Date
    25th July, 2008
    Location
    Cambs, UK
    Posts
    32,207
    Rep Power
    892
    Diet: S & S (like CD800 or 1000)
    Height: 5ft4in
    Start Date: ReStart: 12/05/14
    Start Weight: 188lb
    Current Weight: 170lb
    Goal Weight: 138lb
    Goal Date: ASAP


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 32.3
    Current BMI: 29.2
    Goal BMI: 23.7


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 18lb
    Weight to Lose: 32lb
    % Lost 9.57%
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnybodyc View Post
    Oh dear i seem to break into a sweat at just doing laundry and a quick run round with the hoover.You all seem like domestic goddesses LOL i can never decide weather im to busy or to lazy to do much housework.I am still recovering from the cleaning the oven episode .

    I will need to do a big clean soon because the scaffold will be removed from the outside of the house in the next few days and i will NEED to clean all the windows and doors,Then i suppose i will see all the cobwebs and dust for the first time in months .There is a lot to be said for being in the dark
    Sounds like motivation! I have a window cleaner who does the outside (but he's not been for ages). I used to go around and do ALL inside after he'd been. I might try doing that -- but not the inside ones that hadn't been done done the previous visit. For example - today I'll clean my kitchen floor and do the inside window. I'll do the downstairs loo, too. I try to do the windows in most rooms at least once a month -- but there are four rooms I seem to never do. I need to get them on the "rota".
    skinnybodyc likes this.

  10. #1120
    Why Be Normal?


    Join Date
    25th July, 2008
    Location
    Cambs, UK
    Posts
    32,207
    Rep Power
    892
    Diet: S & S (like CD800 or 1000)
    Height: 5ft4in
    Start Date: ReStart: 12/05/14
    Start Weight: 188lb
    Current Weight: 170lb
    Goal Weight: 138lb
    Goal Date: ASAP


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 32.3
    Current BMI: 29.2
    Goal BMI: 23.7


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 18lb
    Weight to Lose: 32lb
    % Lost 9.57%
    Today is Thursday: Errand Day

    This week we are in Zone 4: The Master Bedroom

    This month's Habit is: Decluttering for 15 Minutes a Day

    Zone 4: Mission #4 Thursday

    This week, we have been tackling clutter in our bedrooms. So, today we are going to clean off the nightstands!! Get the tissues, cups and stuff that has piled up, toss and put away. The grab a feather duster or dust rag and dust the surface. Place a pretty candle or picture there. Something that is new to that spot that you love to see.

    Waking up and not seeing a pile of things on the nightstand and a pile of clothes will make your morning a little brighter!


    ******* BEDROOM *******

    I'm going to wash and oil the wood in my bedroom. Clean the window (I did the mirrored wardrobe yesterday). I also vacuumed yesterday and changed the bed. Plus, put away the laundry (but there's always more of that). There is a small clothing pile -- but it's new jeans to be hemmed for DD. I need to measure, cut and pin -- so, those may have to wait until Saturday. I replaced the broken door hook yesterday. Our closets, drawers, shelves are in good order. I have a thimble box I've taken down -- that I need to decide where to place (maybe in DD's room, but she has little wall space). I have a little hook thing -- for jewelry that was a gift from a friend -- I might put that up today. I also have a project in my room that has been in there for ages. I think I'll try to finish that today. It's a bulletin board for DD's room.

    ****** ERRAND DAY ******

    I MUST grocery shop. There other things -- but they may have to wait. I'm out tomorrow, so I might sort them then.

    ****** MY FLIGHT PLAN *****

    Monday was an American holiday so DH was home. I need to earn to get on with my scheduled work when the boys are underfoot, but I don't. I have been trying to catch up ever since. So, I'll give the kitchen a tidy, the floor a mop, and do the best I can (the plumber is coming next Monday, so that'll throw me off again).

  11. #1121
    Taz
    Taz is offline
    Spam Hunter


    Join Date
    23rd March, 2008
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    22,765
    Rep Power
    1383
    Diet: HGB
    Height: 5ft6.9in
    Start Date: 10/04/2013
    Start Weight: 17st12lb
    Current Weight: 13st5lb
    Goal Weight: 10st10lb
    Goal Date: 18/07/2015


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 39.2
    Current BMI: 29.3
    Goal BMI: 23.5


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 4st7lb
    Weight to Lose: 2st9lb
    % Lost 25.2%
    The bed arrived nice and early this morning so that's the bedroom complete! We still have stuff in storage to sort back in (or throw out) which will be done at the weekend. We also have a car load of stuff to take to the tip on Saturday. The serious sorting out will begin then

  12. #1122
    love it


    Join Date
    29th October, 2008
    Location
    Oldbury,West Midlands
    Posts
    18,326
    Rep Power
    2883
    Height: 5ft9in
    Start Weight: 14st13lb
    Current Weight: 14st7lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 30.9
    Current BMI: 30


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 0st6lb
    % Lost 2.87%
    Progress today has felt small and slow, but actually looking back I thing i've done mroe than I thought !!

    Cleaned off and rearranged mantle shelf and fire place ( some of my niknaks were still in a box having been packed way to make room for christmas decorations so it has also meantt another box emptied and in the recycling)
    put lots of clean clothes away
    decluttered kitchen and wiped down surfaces.
    bleached sink
    1 load of laundry ( still drying)
    I bag of paperwork sorted thru
    bookcase in Noni's room sorted and tidyed-can now see her floor too


    Not bad, not bad at all !!!!!

  13. #1123
    Why Be Normal?


    Join Date
    25th July, 2008
    Location
    Cambs, UK
    Posts
    32,207
    Rep Power
    892
    Diet: S & S (like CD800 or 1000)
    Height: 5ft4in
    Start Date: ReStart: 12/05/14
    Start Weight: 188lb
    Current Weight: 170lb
    Goal Weight: 138lb
    Goal Date: ASAP


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 32.3
    Current BMI: 29.2
    Goal BMI: 23.7


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 18lb
    Weight to Lose: 32lb
    % Lost 9.57%
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    The bed arrived nice and early this morning so that's the bedroom complete! We still have stuff in storage to sort back in (or throw out) which will be done at the weekend. We also have a car load of stuff to take to the tip on Saturday. The serious sorting out will begin then
    I see the light at the end of this tunnel -- whoop! You're really getting this in hand!

    Quote Originally Posted by mommyB View Post
    Progress today has felt small and slow, but actually looking back I thing i've done mroe than I thought !!

    Cleaned off and rearranged mantle shelf and fire place ( some of my niknaks were still in a box having been packed way to make room for christmas decorations so it has also meantt another box emptied and in the recycling)
    put lots of clean clothes away
    decluttered kitchen and wiped down surfaces.
    bleached sink
    1 load of laundry ( still drying)
    I bag of paperwork sorted thru
    bookcase in Noni's room sorted and tidyed-can now see her floor too

    Not bad, not bad at all !!!!!
    Very good. Decluttering is February's assigned task! . And paper clutter is the worst.

  14. #1124
    Why Be Normal?


    Join Date
    25th July, 2008
    Location
    Cambs, UK
    Posts
    32,207
    Rep Power
    892
    Diet: S & S (like CD800 or 1000)
    Height: 5ft4in
    Start Date: ReStart: 12/05/14
    Start Weight: 188lb
    Current Weight: 170lb
    Goal Weight: 138lb
    Goal Date: ASAP


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 32.3
    Current BMI: 29.2
    Goal BMI: 23.7


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 18lb
    Weight to Lose: 32lb
    % Lost 9.57%
    Kitchen floor cleaned. DS's school paperwork sorted, classes for next term selected, research for future education investigated, etc. downstairs bath cleaned. Compost bins (sink ones) bleached. Three loads of laundry washed, airing cupboard stuff drying, two loads combined in dryer, one load waiting, two loads from yesterday put away (and these are AMERICAN SIZED loads). Hair washed. Purse declutter (Friday task). Grocery list written, weekly paper read and tossed. Reservation for conference filled out and ready to post. Dinner made.

    Not done: vacuum kitchen rugs, downstairs hallway, stairs, living room, cardboard tossed, thrift store drop off, grocery shopping, wood in bedroom oiled, windows in kitchen, MBR, loo and ensuite not cleaned (or ironing). But, I'll try to sort some of this.

    Oh, DD wants to go get trainers -- but I think well do this on the weekend (Sunday). I need to get birthday gifts for a party on Saturday (two friends having a combined disco -- dressy party -- DD needs a strapless bra for her one shouldered dress). It's always something!

  15. #1125
    Forum Master

    Join Date
    29th March, 2007
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    3,755
    Rep Power
    100
    Diet: Cambridge
    Height: 5ft5in
    Start Date: 24/04/15
    Start Weight: 15st3lb
    Current Weight: 14st10lb
    Goal Weight: 9st9lb
    Goal Date: june 2014


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 35.4
    Current BMI: 34.3
    Goal BMI: 22.5


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 0st7lb
    Weight to Lose: 5st1lb
    % Lost 3.29%
    I'm lagging.

    dD2 bed stripped
    Wash hung on drying rack
    One in the washer
    Some dry Clothes folded and put away ( mount washmore still in playroom though)
    Comforter washed and dried for main bed
    Dishwasher cleaned and Load recycled
    Dinner dishes cleared away.
    Lounge hoovered

    Errand day . Finally gave all my papers to my union rep for tomorrow. Got stopped by the police for picking up my bloody phone in the car as I was waiting in traffic ( it fell from the hands free holster) urgh. Drivers ed for me!

Page 75 of 113 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 ... LastLast




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.