At the top of the yo-yo once again!

ReikiLady

Well ok ... not as far up the yo-yo as I've been in the past but far enough to be really uncomfortable and NEED to do something about it!
I've opted for Exante TS again as I need to take food out of the equation for a little while. I've been totally unable to get proper food under any sort of control. I know there are people here who will understand this!

Starting weigh in today was worse than I'd imagined :( - and I need to lose 2stones :mad:

I got a mixed bumper pack so I have shakes, soups and bars and have ordered a 50 pack of the meals to bump it up to 6 weeks worth. I've not had the meals before so I hope they're palatable ......

I've spent most of this first day watching the clock!! :eek:

Last edited:
Dropped 3.2lbs the first day :) .... hungry though. woke up with a horrible sick headache, don't know why. Can't have been dehydrated I drank sooo much. Not caffeine withdrawal because I always drink decaf - just one of those things I guess :rolleyes:

At the end of my 5th day .... 6.6lbs down. Doing ok but still hungry :/. I got some of the meals this time, as I said and have now tried them all. 3 out of 4 ain't bad I suppose ... I had the carbonara tonight which was very disappointing - thin and runny AND it overboiled in the microwave :/ ... the other 3 meals thickened up nicely and tasted ok. So 5 down, 37 to go .....

well done on your loss, thats like a pound a day :)

I left the carbonara for a few minutes before serving, it smelled awful but tasted ok, I added black pepper to it too. I've heard leaving the meals to soak before cooking them helps x

Well done on your loss Reiki :) must be thrilled :D

Good news with the loss. GlAd you aRe finding the meals ok. I find they Are a lot tastier after a few weeks on this diet!!! I actually love some of the ones I hated at first. Probably reflects how hungry I am haha. Keep up the good work. You're not talking to yourself, lots of people read and don't comment xx

Last edited:
Thanks very much Lara, I wasn't complaining! :) Gosh you've done ever so well haven't you? FAB losses, well done!! I'm finding my way with the meals, tweaking the liquid, soaking and micro time. Still haven't had a decent carbonara yet though ;). Keep up the good work! :) x

Thanks very much Lara, I wasn't complaining! :) Gosh you've done ever so well haven't you? FAB losses, well done!! I'm finding my way with the meals, tweaking the liquid, soaking and micro time. Still haven't had a decent carbonara yet though ;). Keep up the good work! :) x

Look at it like a little experiment each meal.. I mistyped post so corrected it I meant people don't comment not don't connect!!

I've never had the carbonara. I don't eat ham and presume there is ham in them so I sell them on eBay!!

I have done well, but at the same time I shouldn't have gained the amount of weigh I gained in the first place if that makes sense? So I'm not really overjoyed with myself, but don't get me wrong I'm pleased it's back to a manageable place and is coming off!!

I know EXACTLY what you mean! It's the lament of the yo-yo-er isn't it? :/
I've yet to find any ham or ham like substance in the carbonara ... And as it says they're all suitable for vegetarians I don't think there can be any in there. Having said that, you're not missing anything - I'm giving it another try later. I think I may soak it for about half an hour and see if that makes any difference. :) x

Thank you. I'm sure you'll do great! How did your carbonara go? Soaking it longer was a bit better for me but even with less water it's still very runny, I'm beginning to think it's supposed to be like that. The taste is ok which I guess is the main thing but I prefer the consistency of the others. Best of luck!

well done on your loss x

Hi starting on Monday.. I need to loose 4 - 6 Stone so a long road ahead... How much water should you drink per day...???

2-4 litres. I have stuck to 3.5 a day. The more the better really (within reason and not all in one go!). I use an app to track my water intake too if that helps. Good luck x

Gosh ... I've had no notifications of replies here! Thanks for your comments. Re water, I have about 2lt but also have either some Dr Pepper or coke zero and drink decaf coffee. Had another carbonara tonight which I only added 125mls of water to instead of the 150. Left to soak for about 10mins and then did 2x1 min in the micro, stopping it twice in the second minute or it would have boiled over. It was still very runny but I do like the taste.
I took advantage of the flash sale yesterday and have ordered another load of stuff ... Well at 50% off who could resist?? I've just under 4 weeks left on this stint. I don't really know when I'll utilise the stuff I've just ordered but it won't go to waste!!

Just passing by to say hi. And I'm impressed in how you dropped your weight so quickly. How are you doing this week?
Lim starting Exante today x

Hi Honey :) and thanks for your comment. I'm still on the 12lbs off in just about the 3 weeks. I get weighed every day and change my stats with every loss so I can't give you a week by week number. I have had small ups as well as the downs but I ignore them knowing they can only be a fluctuation in fluid as I am sticking to the 3 packs a day so it can't be anything else. I refuse to be down heartened by them as that has been my undoing in the past. I know, with patience, the downs will come again!
How long are you going to do it for? How much do you want to lose?
I've planned a 6 week stint this time which I'm half way through. I'm guessing/hoping I'll lose about another 6lbs in that time though I want to lose another 16 or so all told. I'd carry on but we're going away for a few days for our wedding anniversary at the end of the month and I'm not kidding myself that I'd stick to it while away. In fact I'm sure there'll be a few extra lbs to get off when I get back. Lol!
Have you done Exante or similar before? :)

Back