Countdown to Paris Marathon, 7 April 2013
I signed up for the Paris Marathon back in November. I knew I needed to lose a few pounds (around 20lbs to be at goal). Initial training went well but I lost my focus in January, so I'm starting a diary here to keep me on track. I'm going to write down my goals and chart my progress.
Food wise, I sometimes calorie count, but mainly just try to eat clean, particularly during the week. It's served me well so far (lost 3 and a quarter stone so far) but I run long on a Friday and recently that has caused me to lose the plot a bit (okay, okay, a lot) over the weekend. So my food goals are as follows:
1. Eat clean (limit processed food and sugar), drink water
2. Keep a food diary on here
3. Three meals, no snacking unless running
4. Stop eating at 8pm to give a full 12 hrs fast overnight
5. Three "get out of jail free" cards a week (so I can break the rules three times guilt free)
Exercise wise: this is the minimum, more can be added in as needed.
1. 3 main runs a week - mon medium distance (6-8 miles), wed interval (hill or speed repeats), fri long run - days may vary when I have training races etc on
2. 3 strength sessions a week - DVD or other, needs to include upper body, core and legs
3. 1 yoga session a week
4. 1 total rest day a week
Proposed long run schedule below (other runs I do what I feel like, but the long runs are sacred and I'm a bit behind on distance and speed due to snow, illness etc). The longest I've done is 14 miles so far. It felt okay and I could have gone on a bit but I dont feel as ready as I ahould at this point.
8 feb - 10 miles (cut back before next weeks race)
17 feb - Bramley 20
22 feb - 12 miles
1 mar - 18 miles
10 mar - longleat half marathon
15 mar - 20 miles
22 mar - 10-12 miles
29 mar - 6-8 miles
7 April - Paris marathon!
So each week I'm going to post my plan for that week in advance, then post daily to show my progress. Feel free to say hello and support if interested!