1/2 Syn Fruit Roulade!!

Thanks for adding this, my mum told me the recipe over the phone and then i realised it was here all along.

I made this yesterday and loved it. Filled it with forest fruits and the children didn't seem to notice it wasn't cream.

Took one to group tonight so they could all taste it too. It didn't turn out quite as well as yesterdays but was still yummy and I told them where to come for the recipe. :D

Well this is the fourth time i have made this pudding in two weeks lol, and this one is definately the best ! Used frozen fruit, (much cheaper), added almond flavouring instead of vanilla, and used a forest fruits fat free activia yoghurt mixed with the quark for a change, scrummy!!

I've added some strawberry essence to the quark used for the filling. Just waiting for the cake to cool so I can finish it off !!!!:p

I made the Fruit Roulade as suggested from a recipe on here and all i can say is:-

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE GOD TO ME!!!!!!!

I followed the recipe, I used raspberries as my fruit and added a Shape Zero raspberry yogurt on top of the quark mixture along with the raspeberries....

it was so delicious, was like eating a swiss roll!!!!!!

my OH loved it too and thats saying something!

yummy... eating my first slice right now. I mixed a strawberry muller light yog into the quark filling and chopped up some strawberries... although I do think I put too much into the filling, as it didn't roll as well as it should have...
Here's a picture...

Attachments

• SNC00776.jpg
    SNC00776.jpg
    445.1 KB · Views: 1,352
I've made this a couple of times for taster evenings and it always goes down a treat.

I make it with some homemade raspberry sauce for another 1/2 syn mixed through my filling of 1/2 quark to 1/2 low fat yoghurt as the filling this way is a bit more creamy and add in some chopped up raspberries.

I even made this for xmas day dessert and it got eaten the quickest by my kids :D

someone at our class made this last week but they filled it with the syn free lemon curd & raspberries - I will give this a go later as it sounds like a fab mix

I made this again yesterday with the options sachet added. I didn't think you could taste it really so I'll probably leave it out next time and save the syns! It went down well with my friends and I've got a couple of pieces left for tonight.

I like the idea of the syn free lemon curd - is that something you can buy or do you have to make it from scratch?

I mix 1/2 a skinng cow hot chocolate powder sachet in with the quark for the filling - gives a chocolate spread type filling then, thats really yummy & worth the little extra syns

I made this again yesterday with the options sachet added. I didn't think you could taste it really so I'll probably leave it out next time and save the syns! It went down well with my friends and I've got a couple of pieces left for tonight.

I like the idea of the syn free lemon curd - is that something you can buy or do you have to make it from scratch?

You have to make it from scratch:
Lemon Curd – Syn free

3 Heaped Dessert Spoons of Canderel
Grated Rind & Juice of 1 Lemon
2 Large Eggs
2 oz Very Low Fat Fromage Frais
---------------------
Place the grated lemon rind and Canderel into a bowl.
In another bowl, whisk the lemon juice and eggs together, then pour the mixture over the Canderel.
Place the bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, stirring frequently until thickened. Add the Fromage Frais, whisking until smooth.
Keeps for about 5 days in the fridge.

You have to make it from scratch:
Lemon Curd – Syn free

3 Heaped Dessert Spoons of Canderel
Grated Rind & Juice of 1 Lemon
2 Large Eggs
2 oz Very Low Fat Fromage Frais
---------------------
Place the grated lemon rind and Canderel into a bowl.
In another bowl, whisk the lemon juice and eggs together, then pour the mixture over the Canderel.
Place the bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, stirring frequently until thickened. Add the Fromage Frais, whisking until smooth.
Keeps for about 5 days in the fridge.

Thanks Julie, I'll give that a go sometime.

I made mine this weekend with one of the new Options indulgences chocolate fudge sachet (3 syns), it was so chocolately, I filled it with the lemon curd & fresh blueberries & raspberries - very sweet.

Definitely going to try this, it sounds yummy. I will give the lemon curd a go too as this is one of my all time favourites.

I have made this a few times now ! and it is Really yummy !!

The 1st one i flavoured with Lemon essence and made a lemon one

The 2nd one i did vanilla broke it up and set it in jelly so it was like a triffle base

The 3rd one i made using 2 level tsp cocoa powder (1 syn) in the sponge and flavoured the filling with a small amount of strong coffee syrup (made with coffee and sweetner).

xxx

Attachments

• SW Lemon Roulade.jpg
    SW Lemon Roulade.jpg
    458 KB · Views: 1,217
thats the lemon one :)

xxx

Back