1/2 Syn Fruit Roulade!!

How long do you bake yours in the oven? it looks lovely and brown. I usual take it out after about 15mins mins as i am afraid it will burn!!!

well i set the timer for 15 min, so by the time i have finished doing a few bits and got the cooling rack out its probably about 18 min :)

xxx

i like quark in the sponge but not so much as a filling so still thinking of lots of ideas for fillings ..... i did think a syn free icecream for the next time .... so it will be a SW friendly Artic roll !! :)

xxx

ANything else you could substitute for the Quark??

I've tried the quark in several things and really dont like the taste of it

i have a confession i have turned into the roulade queen.
i love it and find it is great way to eat lots of cheap fresh berries.
Last week i had blackberry, strawberry and vanilla and i am at present producing choc fudge with strawberries and raspberries it is 3 syns for the whole thing, i cannot believe i can make such a yummy dessert which lasts at least a couple of days for such low syns.

made this yesterday and couldn't wait to try it, filled it with the quarks mix and lovely fresh strawberry's and raspberrys.... it was scrummy.....I have been looking for a base to use with the jello pudding deserts we get here ( 2 sys for a pack with half the milk they say as HE or with greek yoghurt) so I can make puds and this fits the bill....thanks for the recipe

uhoh!

i have just this minute put mine into the oven .. im scared ive done it wrong though :( after reading all these posts im so looking forward to it as well.

:cry: heres hoping :D

As someone mentioned earlier, you don't actually need the baking powder (making it syn free). Last few times i've made mine without and there is no difference at all

is splenda sweetner free?

I made this last night... the "sponge" worked out really well, I used double the amount of sweetner as i didnt want it to taste like egg.... I added mullerlight to the quark and that was a mistake.. it made the inside too runny and it tasted like... mullerlight (is anyone else so fed up of the taste?!) I will remake it tonight and just use quark or maybe some greek yogurt, it will then be thicker and more like "cream"

I just made my 1st one - really tasty and much cakier than I expected, thank you so much for the recipe!

I bought Quark in Asda for the 1st time and it seems much thicker (and tastier) than Sainsburys.

I did blueberry and raspberry this time - thought I'd try the Choc-cherry Option sort next time.

Thanks again!

Mrs Harley said:
made this yesterday and couldn't wait to try it, filled it with the quarks mix and lovely fresh strawberry's and raspberrys.... it was scrummy.....I have been looking for a base to use with the jello pudding deserts we get here ( 2 sys for a pack with half the milk they say as HE or with greek yoghurt) so I can make puds and this fits the bill....thanks for the recipe

Hi, I'm new to this site and was thinking about trying to make this pudding, sounds yummy but what's Quark, wot do I look for in the shops? Thanks :)

All the big supermarkets sell it and you find it in tubs beside the cottage cheese and continental cheeses

Last edited by a moderator:
Back