1 Hitchhiker gone, one more still hanging on, but not for long!!

Here to subscribe congrats on all you have achieved so far you've done amazing

Thank you hun, and :welcome2: to my waffling page lol, you are more than welcome to pop by anytime, but I warn you now I talk for England, why use one word when you can use hundreds lol xxx:hug99:xxx

Good morning ...ooops actually that's afternoon lol
Had the worst night last night with the genital psoriasis, it kept me awake most of the night, even taking antihistamines didn't knock me out and they usually do.
It's still bad today, nothing is helping, am trying my hardest to ignore it, had one salt bath going to have another in a bit, but have run out of my dead sea salts and they are going to take 2-3 days to get here, think I might be crazy by then lol
Missed my derm appointment this morning, didn't actually doze off till nearly 8am, Mal woke me at 9.30 which meant I had just 20 minutes to bathe, dress and drive the 8 miles to the hospital, so decided to cancel and rebook, so I go in March now...totally gutted, but to be fair I can actually email my derm so I will give her all the ins and outs of what's been going on and see what she thinks.
Hope you're all having a great day, today is day 1 of SP for me, I have a menu for today but just need to recheck I have it all right before I post it, have a great day lovelies and I will catch you all later xxx:hug99:xxx

Awh you poor thing that sounds like agony!! I used to have to do that with appointments esp therapists to help with anxiety I'd be up all night feeling anxious about the bloody appointment so I wouldn't sleep till 8 or 9 lol. Nothing worse. I hope they can do something for you. Good luck with sp I still haven't totally gotten my head around it xx

Day 1 SP...Hope I've got this right

Food Diary Wednesday 7th January 2015

Breakfast
2 x Wholemeal toast
Hexb
1 tbsp Peanut Butter 4.5 syns
2 x Satsumas (S)
1 x Apple (S)
1 x Pear (S)
Fat Free Natural Yogurt (P)
Coffee Dash of Milk and sweetener
0.5 syns
Pint of water

Lunch
Small amount of all these (S) Veg made into a frittata: brussel sprouts, butternut squash, cabbage, carrot, celeriac, celery, chilli, courgette, garlic, onion, swede, tomato and spring onion., with (P) of all fat removed bacon and eggs.
1 tbsp. brown sauce
1 syn
Mullerlight-Pineapple and Peach
Satsumas (S)
2 x Pints of Water

Dinner
Quorn (F&P)
(S) Veg Peppers, Swede, Carrots, Celery, Chilli, Courgettes, Garlic, Onion, Tomato, Turnip & Cauliflower
Swede and Celeriac Mash
Stock 1.5 syns
Sugar Free Jelly, with mixed berries (S) and Yogurt (C)
Pint of Water

Snacks
Apple
Satsuma
Ryvita x 2 (S)
Hexb
30g Cheddar Hexa
Spread 1 syn
Pint of Water

2 x Pints of Water

Syns for today = 8.5

Water for today = 6 pints

Total Syns for week Day 2 = 21.5/105

Last edited:
Awh you poor thing that sounds like agony!! I used to have to do that with appointments esp therapists to help with anxiety I'd be up all night feeling anxious about the bloody appointment so I wouldn't sleep till 8 or 9 lol. Nothing worse. I hope they can do something for you. Good luck with sp I still haven't totally gotten my head around it xx

It is the most unbearable thing I have ever experienced in my entire life, it's not so much the soreness that bothers me, the constant itching is soooo uncomfortable, not sure they can do any more for me than they can for the other types of psoriasis I have, but like everything else it's not going to beat me.
I'm not 100% sure I've got the SP plan correct, but I'm sure my C will correct me at group next week if I'm wrong lol
As I understand it you must have approx. 50% of your plate as S fruit or veg each meal and you have 1 hexa and 2 hexb, plus protein ....it's getting the balance correct that's the challenge, but I'm sure it will sort it out one way or another over the next few weeks :fingerscrossed: xxx

Hello lovelies, well what an end to a very tiring and awful day yesterday, ended up getting an emergency appt with my GP last night, I was screaming in pain, turns out that the genital psoriasis I have was masking a severe case of thrush that I probably had before xmas, doc has put me on antibiotics, which I don't like taking but in this case would have swallowed cyanide if she'd said it would help lol, she also prescribed Pessary's and Canestan cream and to top it all off Cymalon, it's not 100% today but it definitely feels 85% better, got to use another Pessary tonight and tomorrow if needed and see her Monday if any further problems and of course use the cream and Cymalon as I feel I need to...lets just say it's such a relief to finally feel a bit more normal, while the psoriasis is still there it's definitely a lot more bearable than before, so here's to a good day today.
Hope you're all having a good one xxx:hug99:xxx

Day 2 SP

Food Diary Thursday 8th January 2015

Breakfast
Scrambled Eggs (P) 1 syn for milk
Bacon (all fat removed)(P)
Mushrooms (S)
Tomatoes (tinned and fresh) (S)
Baked Beans (P&F)
1 tbsp. brown sauce 1 syn
Coffee dash of milk and sweetener 0.5 syns
1 pint of water

Lunch
2 x bread Hexb
Tuna (P)
Lettuce, tomato, beetroot, celery, cucumber (S)
1/2 tbsp. extra light mayonnaise 0.5 syns
2 x Satsumas (S)
Apple (S)
Mixed Berries (S)
Cup of Tea with dash of milk and sweetener 0.5 syns
1 Pint of Water

Dinner
Spaghetti Bolognese made with Quorn (F&P) Tomatoes, Garlic, Mushrooms, Tomato Puree (S)
Wholemeal Spaghetti (F)
Large Mixed Salad (S) Lettuce, Tomato, Cucumber, Pepper, Onion, Grated Carrot
Fat Free Dressing
Pint of Water
Sugar Free Jelly 0.5 syns
Fat Free Mullerlight

Snacks
Wotsits 4.5 syns
Satsumas (S)
Apple (S)
Pear (S)
2 x Ryvita (S) Hexb
30g Cheddar Hexa
Ham (P)

2 x Pints of Water

Syns for today = 8.5

Syns for the week Day 3 = 30/105

Last edited:
  • Skinny Rules
  • Rule 1- Drink a large glass of water 30 mins before each meal
  • Rule 2-Don't drink your calories
  • Rule 3- Eat Protein at every meal or you'll stay hungry and grouchy
  • Rule 4-Cut down dramatically on your intake of flour and grain
  • Rule 5-Eat 30-50g Fibre a day
  • Rule 6-Eat apples and berries every day
  • Rule 7-Keep to minimum carbs after lunch
  • Rule 8-Read labels carefully, so you know exactly what you're eating
  • Rule 9-Stop guessing weights and actually weigh them
  • Rule 10-Cut out sugar and cut back on sweeteners, neither do any good.
  • Rule 11-Cut back on white potatoes
  • Rule 12-Make one day a week meatless
  • Rule 13-Get rid of fast foods and fatty foods
  • Rule 14-Eat a real breakfast, most important meal of the day
  • Rule 15-Make your own food and eat at home at least 10 times a week (all meals)
  • Rule 16-Banish high salt foods
  • Rule 17-Eat those vegetables and lots of them!
  • Rule 18-Go to bed hungry if you have to!
  • Rule 19-Sleep well, at least 8 hours!
  • Rule 20-Plan any and all splurges, have one a week so you don't feel deprived!

• Here is something I found earlier and which I intend to follow to the letter, apparently it was written by Bob Harper (Biggest Loser), so if it applies to him, his contestants and other skinnies, don't see why we can't use the same rules :rolleyes:
    xxxx

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. Surprised to read they've given you AB's as they are more likely to make thrush worse but the fact you've also got Cymalon explains it all UTI's are the bane of my life. I was recently recommended cranberry tablets to try to help so might be worth a try for you once you're over the acute stage.

Have been reading the skinny rules with interest but I'd deffo fail on rule 19 can't remember when I would last have successfully done that one. But they make good reading. :D

Have a good night and speak to you tomorrow. :D

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. Surprised to read they've given you AB's as they are more likely to make thrush worse but the fact you've also got Cymalon explains it all UTI's are the bane of my life. I was recently recommended cranberry tablets to try to help so might be worth a try for you once you're over the acute stage.

Have been reading the skinny rules with interest but I'd deffo fail on rule 19 can't remember when I would last have successfully done that one. But they make good reading. :D

Have a good night and speak to you tomorrow. :D

Hey hun, I was a little surprised by the AB's too, but I was in a real mess crying my eyes out, didn't know what to do, never ever known anything like it, I had no symptoms of thrush except the itching, which I get from the psoriasis anyway, but it all suddenly came to a head, I have never ever had a burning sensation like that in my life and the sudden excruciating pains in my stomach and then finally bleeding and I know I shouldn't be bleeding as I had everything and I mean everything removed in 1999 (oophorectomy) but the AB's are only a short 5 day course, doctor suggested cymalon as I said I'd had good results from it in the past, but to be honest I think the real hero of the day has to be the pessary's used one yesterday and one today and while it's still a teeny bit tender, the difference is astounding, thank heavens lol

I'm with you with Rule 19, I definitely will fail that one, other than on the odd occasion lol hence why I am sitting here at 2.46am writing this lol but the other 19 seem pretty good ideals to follow, going to try anyways, see how it goes.

Oh well hun I am off to try and get a little shut eye, so hopefully catch you on the morrow sweet dreams :nightf: xxxx

Hey everyone, having a really bad day (not food wise for a change) feeling very tearful...so sore everywhere and another huge patch and I mean HUGE patch of psoriasis appeared at the top of my leg, it is just so sore I can't bear it, just when I think things are getting better they pull me up short and remind they're not. But through it all I have managed to stay on plan, not on SP today just normal EE, but so far so good. :fingerscrossed: it clears up as quick as it came.
Hope you are all having a good day xxx:hug99:xxx

Food Diary Friday 9th January 2015 EE

Brunch (up too late for breakfast)
2 x Quorn Burgers
2 x Bacon all fat removed
2 x Eggs
2 x Hash Browns
3 syns
Mushrooms
Baked Beans
Tomatoes (fresh and tinned)
Coffee with dash of milk and sweetener
0.5 syns
Pint of Water

Dinner
Mashed Potato (veg stock to mash it )
Liver
1 syn (for flour it was coated in)
Bacon
Onion
Broad beans
Peas
Carrots
Gravy made with oxo cubes
Pint of Water
Sugar Free Jelly 0.5 syns

Extras
2 x tea with dash of milk and sweeteners
1 syn
2 x Satsuma
2 x Apple
1 x Pear
1 x Banana
Wotsits
4.5 syns
2 x Mullerlight

Water x 3 pints

Syns for today Day 4 = 10.5

Syns for the week Day 4 = 40.5/105

Pints of water today = 5

Last edited:
Sending hugs lily,
Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sending hugs lily,
Xxx

Thanks von I really needed that hug, while the patch is still there and like all the other areas still sore, it is a bit less so this morning, I did something I don't normally do and lathered it in steroid ointment last night, the soreness got the better of me, but it has helped a bit so I'll deal with the consequences later (my derm would have a fit if she knew, but in my opinion when needs must! lol ).
Hope you're having a good day, be back later with my food diary xxx:hug99:xxx

Food Diary Saturday 10th January 2015 SP

Breakfast
35g Porridge HEXB
200ml Semi Skimmed milk + 50ml for tea and coffees HEXA
200g Mixed berries and fruit (S)
1 X F/F Natural Yogurt (P)
Pint of Water

Lunch
Fruit, Apple, 2 x Satsuma and 1 Large Pear (S)
2 x Wholemeal bread HEXB
Bovril
Ham (P)
Low fat Spread 2 syns
Pint of Water x 2

Dinner
Chicken (P)
Carrots, Celeriac, Celery, Swede, Butternut squash, Turnip, Leek, Garlic Onion (S)
Boiled Potato
Gravy Granules 1.5 syns
Pint of Water

Extras
Wotsits 4.5 syns
Sugar Free Jelly
Satsumas (S)
Pineapple
Apple (S)
2 x Pints of Water

Syns for today = 8
Syns for the week day 5 = 48.5

Pints of Water today = 6

Last edited:
Morning lily
Good sounded yum xx

Morning lovely von, I love my food I try to make it as yum as possible lol xxx

morning lily! Hope your having a great morning! What does celeriac taste like? Too scared to go near it in the veg Isle lol

Morning hun, I am having a good morning thanks...Celeriac tastes like very mild celery, it's one of those foods I used to hate even though I have always adored celery, but it is now probably my favourite veg and so versatile, I love celeriac in most things and love it as mash and adore celeriac chips sprinkled with paprika, you should try it you might just come to love it lol
Hope you're all having a grand day, I am off to wait for my Tesco delivery and I will catch you laters xxx:hug99:xxx

Hi hun. Hope your outbreak has continued to improve it sounds awful and i can totally sympathise with your need to slap on the betnovate or whichever steroid cream you have, I'm exactly the same when I get a flare up I sort of know I shouldn't reach for the cream but I do and my doctors are OK with it so long as it's a thin layer and only on the affected skin.

You and I too similar with these problems hun. nad I feel for you. :bighug:

Back