1 Hitchhiker gone, one more still hanging on, but not for long!!

Hi hun. Hope your outbreak has continued to improve it sounds awful and i can totally sympathise with your need to slap on the betnovate or whichever steroid cream you have, I'm exactly the same when I get a flare up I sort of know I shouldn't reach for the cream but I do and my doctors are OK with it so long as it's a thin layer and only on the affected skin.

You and I too similar with these problems hun. nad I feel for you. :bighug:

Thanks hun, the outbreak is still there but getting a little better, I use Dermovate (clobetasol propionate ointment) a very strong topical steroid and my derm would be the same as long as I use it sparingly and stop using it when I don't need it, she worries that I may want to continue with it and has tried for the last 3 years to get me to stop using it all together, but I keep telling her I have tried everything else and it's the only thing that helps when I have these bad outbreaks, I think another day or 2 and I'll get away with just using moisturisers, but for now needs must.
We do seem to have a lot of similar problems don't we, but autoimmune problems which we both have will give us similar issues unfortunately, we just have to keep on soldiering on like we do and I know we will xxx:hug99:xxx

So true Lily soldier on we will. The weird thing is that even my dermatologist says I ought not to have psoriasis as it#s autoimmune and I'm immunosuppressed so I ought not to get it. Hope yours gets bearable soon.

Hello lovely, strange how the body does stuff that it shouldn't, I swear as bad as it gets and it does, right now nothing is worse than the genital psoriasis, it's just a constant onslaught of soreness and itching, while I am used to being awake most of the night and have been since I was a kid and have had various things like the soreness and itching of the psoriasis or the burning hands and feet from the diabetes and even severe pain in my neck and back from the arthritis I would swap all of them to get rid of this constant itching that no yogurt, moisture cream, steroid, cranberry juice (yep got told to treat it like thrush or cystitis, it didn't work :cry:), nappy cream, you name it, can stem, it's almost constant and persistent 90% of the day, in fact the only time I really get any relief is when I am sitting in a warm dead sea salt bath, but I don't spose it's a good thing sitting in there 24/7 lol . I just hope when I see doc next they can come up with something to help.
Hope you're feeling a bit better today hunni, hopefully see you later after you've got some sleep :fingerscrossed: xxx:hug99:xxx

Food Diary Sunday 11th January EE

Breakfast
Mixed Berries
Mullerlight Pineapple and Peach Yogurt
Apple
Satsuma
Coffee with dash of milk and sweetener
0.5 syns
Pint of Water

Lunch
Jacket Potato
Left over casserole with lots of veg and chicken mixed in
Satsuma
Pineapple
Pint of Water

Dinner
Roast Pork with 25g Crackling :drool:
7 syns
Roast Potatoes sprayed with Olive oil
1 syn
Sprouts
Carrots
Celeriac and Swede mash (mashed with veg stock)
Cabbage
Gravy
1.5 syns
Jelly 0.5 syns
2 x Pints Water

Extras
Satsuma
Banana
Apple
3 x Ryvita HEXb
30g Cheddar Hexa
Wotsits 4.5 syns

Syns for today = 15
Syns for the week day 6 = 63.5

2 x Pints Water

Water for the day = 6 pints

Food Diary Monday 12th January 2015 EE

Breakfast
2 x Hash Brown
3 syns
2 x Sausages
2 syns
2 x Bacon
1 x Egg
Mushrooms
Tomatoes (tinned and fresh)
Baked Beans
Brown Sauce
1 syn
Satsuma
Coffee with dash of milk and sweetener
0.5 synsPint of Water

Lunch
Home made veg soup
Banana
Apple
Satsuma
Pint of Water

Dinner
Veggie Burger
5.5 syns
Mashed potatoes (mashed with stock)
Broad Beans
Carrots
Peas
Rice Pudding made with
HEXa of Milk and Sweetener
2 x Pint of water

Extras
Milk for tea
0.5 syns
Jelly
0.5 syns
2 x biscuits
2 syns
Satsuma
Apple
2 x Alpen Light
Hexb
Syns for the day = 14.5

Syns for the week day 7 = 78

2 x Pints of water

6 x pints of water for the day

Last edited:
Hello lovely Lily it doesn't sound like the AB's have helped much yet hun. Hope they get you sorted out soon. I used to take cranberry juice too but it upset the pH of my blood and meant I had to take about a dozen sodium bicarbonate each day and then the urologist said that the tablets were more effective anyway so off I trotted to H&B again. I think I could keep them in business single handedly.

How's the countdown to peace at home going?

Hello lovely Lily it doesn't sound like the AB's have helped much yet hun. Hope they get you sorted out soon. I used to take cranberry juice too but it upset the pH of my blood and meant I had to take about a dozen sodium bicarbonate each day and then the urologist said that the tablets were more effective anyway so off I trotted to H&B again. I think I could keep them in business single handedly.

How's the countdown to peace at home going?

The AB's did get rid of the atrocious bout of Thrush I had hun, it was being covered up by the psoriasis, but unfortunately it didn't get rid of that too, popped back to the docs tonight and he reckon I may have Pruritis Vulvae caused by the psoriasis, reckons in most cases it is treatable but again I have to wait on the bloods coming back, I really do feel like a human pin cushion at times, you must feel the same lol

There was a slight hiccup and for a brief time we thought it might not actually happen for another week or two, but they got confirmation today that as long as there is no problem with transferring the money to the solicitors on Wednesday, they will be moving out Saturday, they are busily packing up as I speak and I have decluttered as well ...the woman whose flat they are buying is leaving loads behind so we will get a double bed coming back that's only been used a couple of times.
She told them today as well as leaving the sofa, coffee table, shoe stand, wardrobes, carpets, curtains, built in hob and oven and a few other items that she has now decided the fridge freezer is too big for where she is going so she's leaving that too, I swear if they'd hung it out a bit longer they wouldn't have had to buy anything :giggle:
Now it's getting closer though I am getting a little tearful and so is Kirsty, we both know they need to go for all our sakes but it's actually happening now and that's a whole different ball game, my baby is flying the nest ...I hated when Kelly went even though we went through the same thing and I now hate that Kirsty is going, but I'm sure we will all adjust.........eventually.....having said that it's 17 years since Kelly moved out & I still hate that she's no longer here ...oh well !!!
I'll let you know more about how I feel about that in a few weeks time lol xxx:hug99:xxx

Last edited:
Hello Lily, here to sub to your diary and say how amazing you're stats are! I love your food too, you've given me inspiration xx

Hello Lily, here to sub to your diary and say how amazing you're stats are! I love your food too, you've given me inspiration xx

Hello Tinks and :welcome2: to my waffling page lol
Ah thank you, what a nice thing to say, can't wait for my stats to be even more amazing once I drop the rest of the 100lb or so I still need to lose, I find it hard to accept I am an inspiration, but I can see if I were looking at someone else's stats that read the same I'd be going :wow: if she can do it so can I and that's it in a nut shell if I can do it, anyone can.
Oh I love my food hun and being on the heavy steroids means I am never really satiated where food is concerned so I have to make my meals as varied as I can and free foods are a must at all times to fight off that constant gnaw, but I think I do ok :giggle: xxx:hug99:xxx

omg I just realised another half pound and I will have lost the me I want to be...I have lost 12st 1.5lb and I would like to be 12st 2lb, that's mind blowing !! xx

Awh lily that's amazing lily! (HUGS) I bet at your heaviest you could never have imagined yourself coming so far I'm so proud and delighted for u

aww thank you hun :hug99:, at my heaviest I looked and felt an awful mess and really had no hope, was sure I would be dead and gone by the time I was in my 50's so here I am at 56 feeling great, even though I still have a way to go and more determined than I have ever been in my entire life. More so this year than any other...this is my year of NO EXCUSES, whatever will be will be, but I am going to do everything in my power to make it happen as soon as possible without being silly about it, so I am reckoning on about 18 months to 2 years to get the remaining 100lb or so off, that's about 1lb a week, seems sensible to me and boy am I looking forward to it xxx:hug99:xxx

omg I just realised another half pound and I will have lost the me I want to be...I have lost 12st 1.5lb and I would like to be 12st 2lb, that's mind blowing !! xx

Wow!
looking at statistics like that must make you feel ecstatic, i know it would me!
Very well done!

Wow!
looking at statistics like that must make you feel ecstatic, i know it would me!
Very well done!

Hey Zafira :welcome2: and thank you for the kind words, yes it does especially as I am now over half way there, like I said before no hurry as such to reach target but it would be great to achieve it before my daughter and niece (who is like a daughter to me) both get married, so 18 months to 2 years is my target .
I can't wait to put up my before and after pictures ...I have one of me at my biggest on here I believe, but it's not the worst picture, I am saving that one for the target picture...it's unbelievable already so can't wait to compare it with the target one xxx

I bet when you put those 2 pictures together you won't even recognise the old you then!:)

I don't recognise me now as that mountain of a woman that I was so I can't imagine what I will look like when I am at target xx

Back