10 Weigh In's to GSR2013

Hi,how did you get on, have seen photos of the bad weather!

Thank you for your Good luck post. Finished it in 1hr 55mins, 2 mins slower than last year but the last 2 miles were a killer it was like hitting a brick wall when you got on the esplanade! Am just glad to get round and at least the rain held off. A good day.

Morning Gav,

Well done Gav, congratulations :D Really pleased for you, the mixed emotions when you cross the line makes all those training sessions worthwhile. When you think of how your leg was a couple of weeks ago it is brilliant, bet your family were so proud.

It was quite funny as I was just going along in my own little world too, just happened to look up and spotted the Sick Childrens Trust vest right in front of me! Nice meeting you:)

I finished in 1hr 55mins, 2 mins slower than last year but the last 2 miles were awful, my little legs were going but I was not moving! I walked about half of the 9th mile it was like hitting a brick wall.

I will probably sign up again for next year as it does make me go out and exercise, but London Marathon is a step (or 16 miles) to far for me!

Hope you enjoyed the steak and beer, and well done again it was a great day wasn't it.

Bin

Well done guys!!! Gutted I couldn't be there... Next year!

I am a pig. I have been violently off course and I steeped on the scales today and nearly had a heart attack. Restarting at 20st 2lb. I swore I would not see the 20's again, yet here I am. Not for long!!! Back on plan tomorrow for 6 solid hardcore weeks in an attempt to shift 2-3 stone before Christmas. So cross with myself.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Morning Gav, Well done Gav, congratulations :D Really pleased for you, the mixed emotions when you cross the line makes all those training sessions worthwhile. When you think of how your leg was a couple of weeks ago it is brilliant, bet your family were so proud. It was quite funny as I was just going along in my own little world too, just happened to look up and spotted the Sick Childrens Trust vest right in front of me! Nice meeting you:) I finished in 1hr 55mins, 2 mins slower than last year but the last 2 miles were awful, my little legs were going but I was not moving! I walked about half of the 9th mile it was like hitting a brick wall. I will probably sign up again for next year as it does make me go out and exercise, but London Marathon is a step (or 16 miles) to far for me! Hope you enjoyed the steak and beer, and well done again it was a great day wasn't it. Bin

Morning Bin,

Thank You & Congratulations to you too.

My emotion crossing the finishing line was a bit of is that it, ouch I'm in pain & Yes I've done it!!

I was glad to finish which I didn't think I could a few weeks ago, but I felt a bit gutted that I couldn't run the last 2 miles. I'm signed up for next year & no wind is going to stop me!!

My brick wall came by the shower, my legs seized & started cramping, I was in pain. I managed to stretch them out though & get going again at the next roundabout.

I didn't have my steak (Roast instead :D) but I had my beer. I did have my Steak & Chips on Monday though with lots more beer!!

I would like to have a go at the Marathon but I need to lose lots more weight & up my training levels which I'm not sure I have the time for.

I will see how I progress ;-)!!

Gav

Well done guys!!! Gutted I couldn't be there... Next year! I am a pig. I have been violently off course and I steeped on the scales today and nearly had a heart attack. Restarting at 20st 2lb. I swore I would not see the 20's again, yet here I am. Not for long!!! Back on plan tomorrow for 6 solid hardcore weeks in an attempt to shift 2-3 stone before Christmas. So cross with myself. Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Morning Cazza,

Thank You....

About being a pig....I have put on 11lb since last Sunday!!!!

Huge Fried Breakfasts, Sausage Rolls/Pies/Pasties for lunch & 5 Course Dinners washed down with so much Alcohol I feel like I'm drowning.....:D

I'm not far away from 22's and 1.5st away from my lowest but I'm back on it 100% as of Monday but going to try doing it at home....

I don't have a target for Xmas as I find losing weight hard this time of year!!

Hope you've had a good week!!

Gavin

Well the words...."Fallen Off The Wagon" is where I'm at!!

16lb on in 2 weeks & I'm struggling to halt the slide....

A fresh start is require (none of this well I'm still at 5st, etc), A plan is required (Back to basic's) & I need to focus on what motivated me originally!!

It may take a week or two to get my mind, my plan & my motivation sorted but I will get it sorted!!

This time off the year is hard for me & has been each of the past 2 years....but I will find out why!!

Hope everyone else is doing well!!

Gav

Hello,

Got back from Australia last week had a brilliant time, spent a week in Sydney with step daughter and son in law, then went up to see my son for a week, he lives in a lovely place about 20 mins south of Byron Bay, lovely seeing him but I was in pieces at the airport when it came to saying goodbye, could not stop crying! We then spent another week in Sydney.

Diet went completely AWOL and since coming home have not been able to get back on it, keep thinking Christmas is almost here will wait until January before hitting it again. Have not had the courage to get on the scales yet!!

Trying to get organised now for Christmas have a lot to do at home and work. Managed to write a few cards but that is all I have done so far, am usually so organised.

Am going to sign up for run in the new year and then get back out training, have done very little since that very windy day in Oct! :)

Hope everyone is ok

Bin

Hi Bin,

Sounds like you've had a great but emotional time in Australia, I'm not jealous at all, OK just a little bit.

My Diet, Training & Focus disappeared on that windy day in October. 1st 10lb on, clothes not fitting, went for a 3 mile run & had to stop 5 times when I usually do it in one!!

Yep I am not in a good place!!

Oh & I start a New Job in January to go alongside life's usual stresses.....lol!!

I have not weighed in with SW since the Monday before the Run & it shows....

I am however signed up for next years run & I'm raring to go, ok who am I trying to kid!!

I need my MOJO back!!

Going to enjoy Xmas & start afresh in January....

I'm still at a loss of 5st 7lb, so all is not lost!!

Gav

Hi Gav Just popped in to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas hope you have a great time. Bin

Thank You Bin,

Hope you've had a Great Christmas & a good new year!!

My weight has taken a beating though, lots & lots of lb's on :-(!!

Getting all the bad food out of the way & getting back on it!!

Got targets for this year & I have two motivational words/phrases to get me to where I want to be.....

"BELIEVE" & " NO EXCUSES"

A new diary will be starting shortly so I'll let you know the name when I've started it!!

Gavin

Hi Gav

Happy New Year.

I have not stayed on track at all, the weight is creeping on a bit to quickly.

I am going back to SW on 15th Jan give me a chance to get rid of the tempting things in the cupboards. Am going to a different class as the consultant at my old one really gives you no motivation and shows very little interest in you unless you are amongst her favoured few.

So new year ........... new class ............. new determination ...................... new me!!!!!

Really must do something about it there are times when I get really down about it .

Have registered for the annual 26.5 mile walk I do for the local hospice in May, and will be signing up for Great South Run soon (means have got to get out and do some exercise)

Looking forward to reading your new diary, are you going back to class or are you doing it on your own?

Good luck in your new job.

Speak soon

Bin

Evening Bin, Cazza,

My new Diary is called 'Six Stone in Six Months Challenge"....

It's a big challenge but I need a big target to keep me focused!!

I have gone back to my old group but I think I may also need a change of leader, so I may try two other groups in the coming weeks....

Good Luck

"NO EXCUSES"
"BELIEVE"

See you all on the new page!!

Gav

Back