12 weeks to Christmas,the challenge is on!

Well I had my weekend away. I wasn't awful but wasn't great but was back on it last night !
Have my last weekend event coming up this weekend then have three weekends off event free;). I know whilst I'm semi going off plan on/off my loss is only nudging forward ,following a step back.

Anyway will mid week weigh on thurs morning ,then weigh at the weekend/Monday.

It's only 10 weeks to Crimbo .......potentially if i lost 2lb a week that would get me nearly to my target ( I would be delighted). I had stayed away from exercise as it normally stalls the weight loss on ss/ss+ /810, but think may have to reevaluate this one ???

Mid week weigh in this morning tells me I'm 11.9-6 which is the least I have been so far hoorah! Hoping I can keep at that over the weekend (last event for a while ). Total loss :1st 8lbs....1lb away from half way point

How is everyone else doing?

Whoohooo! Results! I'm not that far behind!! x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

1lb down to 11.8.,pleased with that considering it's been a short weigh week and Monday was an event/off day. Am now half way;) the end is in sight
Last weekend event for a bit tonight

1lb down to 11.8.,pleased with that considering it's been a short weigh week and Monday was an event/off day. Am now half way;) the end is in sight Last weekend event for a bit tonight

Well done, every loss is a step closer x x x

Hi all Well sat night/sun was a medium pig out on bad stuff but it didn't impact me too much really as this morning I weighed back to 11.8.8. I have however had a crap week....I have totally gone off chicken,as that is all I ever eat.I have not been drinking much water and I feel just generally blurr really. After my mid week weigh in the morning I was very pleased and went out at 1 and wasn't hungry so didn't have lunch. What did I bloody go and do ... Stopped at a bakery....ice bun....sweets....chocolate bar !! Aghhhhh. I just totally spun out of CONTROL today and have no idea why As Im normally really controlled ,even on my "events off". Anyway I have had a big word with myself ! now I'm halfway through the weight loss mission think I need to recamp,reassess and move on ! Think I'm going to up everything to 810 portions on Monday and ensure I have my milk/yogurts everyday. I have brought some bars and mix a mouse also Sent from my iPad

Last edited:
Hi Purple,

It sounds to me like you hit the old barrier - sick of chicken, and feeling bored about the diet, you had a good weigh in and thought - I deserve a little treat since it's been hard. I know because I have done EXACTLY that before. On Slimming World, I would have my weigh in and, good or bad - go to the supermarket and buy myself "treats" - chocolates, cakes and ice cream...I would then race through it, eating it all so quickly that it would just become going through the motion of eating and not enjoying it.

I think our problem is that using food as a source of comfort and a treat - something I always used to do. Doing this diet has made me realise that I used food in negative ways, and I need to start using it in positive ways - I think this is why I have now become some food obsessed person. (I was fairly food obsessed before, but now I LOVE looking through the magazines, deciding what to cook, making new things, baking for others etc.) I gain my enjoyment with food from cooking tasty things for others, and starting to cook tasty things for me within the parameters of CWP.

Don't beat yourself up about it - just try and see it as a learning experience and try and discover those "triggers" to help you in the same situation in the future. We all have off days, and bad days and I must admit, without the support on here - I would have given up a long time ago!

How about trying some other protein options instead of chicken? do you eat fish/eggs? Could you give quorn or turkey a try? I think it sounds like a good idea to 810 it, and make sure you're getting everything you need on a daily basis. You'll be back in the zone before you know it!

Sorry for the ramble, but I hope it helps and makes you see that we all do it - its how you move forward that's important.

xx

Well this mornings weigh in was a nice surprise at 11.7-8 which is a lb down. This has been my worst week over the last 10 weeks as the last few days have been a bit hit and miss where I have had below 700kcal but been having food instead of one of my shakes (amazing smoked salmon ).
Have done a major Google search of 810 recipe ideas to buck me up really,have loads so off to shops today and will be giving different a meals a go. Tried to make a cambridge trifle yesterday that was a complete fail! My mix a mouse is just clumping so I will call tomorrow and complain and get another.

What i have figured out is that it doesn't feel like I'm shrinking this time round because of my clothes. When I did it in 2010 I started in size 16/18 clothes and that is all I had. As I started losing weight,obviously all my clothes got too big and eventually dropped off me (THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN CLOTHES THAT ARE TOO BIG !) therefore it was very obvious to both myself and others that I was losing weight. So now/ the past 4 years I have been smaller and in size 10/12s and I brought about 8 loose items of clothes at my recent biggest time otherwise known as my "fat clothes" just to get me by for a few months . So it's more that I need to get into my usual clothes/them to fit better. I always made a promise to my self I would never again buy a size 14, so I don't really have any inbetween clothes....so it's 12s or 16s. I also used to wear a uniform,which started as mega mega tight and awful....and then went to fall off me ; I had 3 new uniforms over my initial 6 month journey. I don't wear a uniform any more.

Anyway I'm past half way (hoorah) onwards and downwards

Vision at the moment : 1. To get to 11.3 ( will be 2 stone loss)
2. To get into the 10s! (Back where I belong)

Sent from my iPad

That's great to have a good plan moving forward. I'm finally into the bottom range of my clothes which is a fab feeling - sometimes, I find they are better indicators than weight loss.

Good luck over the next few weeks - i'm sure you'll be back where you belong before you know it!

xx

Today was going great until 3pm .....then I just lost all control AGAIN !!!!!! I DONT KNOW WHAT THE BLOODY HELL is wrong with me :(

Better going today , barely eaten due tue to busy day Sent from my iPad

Had to weigh myself this morning just to know where I'm at...... Weighed the same as Sunday. My lowest at 11.7-8 so bit of relief. Now I managed to get away with that, need to start losing again ;)

Well done on your losses so far! You're about my weight now, been on SS for 2 weeks, 2nd weigh in tonight and I lost 10lb on my 1st weigh in. Hoping I'm closer to starting with the 10s tonight! Was 11st9lb on my 1st weigh in. Here's to nearly at the 9s for Christmas!! xx

Hey Purple,

Hope you're feeling back in the zone - sometimes a cheeky weigh gets us back to where we need to be. Are you feeling better?

Sometimes, these things happen and we binge - the trick is coming out the other side and getting back on track.

xx

Thanks for the posts ! Yesterday went great until 5.pm when I sat in my house when for some stupid reason I had to eat , I ended up eating some of the kids trick/treat candy (kit Kat x 2, lots of haribo type sweets and lolly) we have in,a cambridge bar,cambridge tetra and some dried fruit. To calm myself down I decided to have something savoury and hopeful get over myself. So I had a can of soup and 600s diet coke to fill me up, which worked a treat. I didn't even enjoy the food,but again I don't know what come over me,also feeling quite unwell with ? Chest infection. My decision was to continue with my mid week weigh this morning as this would most certainly punish me with a weight gain. Just stood on scales to half a pound lost(checked 3 times ) so no idea what it happening there. I just think it would have been much more had I not had my moment yesterday , again .....need to get back on this full time diet and stop my eating!! I am am however enjoying my new cooked foods,have found/created an 810 recipe for cauliflower cheese- AMAZiNG !

Sounds like it's the boredom kicking in and eating is such a huge part of all our lives it's so hard not doing it. I'm not hungry but I do miss eating, more the experience of it - sitting down with my family to a meal. I still do that but I'm sat with a shake instead! I know that if I have a bit I may carry on so I don't - even to the point where my CDC offered me a sample of one of the bars last night and I refused! You've done so amazingly well sticking at it for 10 weeks already, I hope I do as well as you on my journey, I'm still just a fledgling at 2 weeks 3 days! xx

Aw, sounds like boredom kicking in and willpower waning at the same time...You can do it, just need to get your head back in the game. Sounds like you've already got back on track and a couple of successful days under your belt will get you straight back on.

xx

Today was a perfect day hoorah !

Back