20 weeks 20 lbs

Food today

Bf - weetabix and milk

Lunch 1/2 jacket with cheese and beans

Dinner - Hawaiian pizza and Cajun chicken

Snacks - 1/2 a small Apple, banana, cashews

Misfit done plus will have done all my 10,000 steps before bed!!

Good day in my opinion. Weigh in tomorrow

Hiya - just read through your diary. Congrats on the weight loss! Sorry to hear about the stresses of work, but everything works out for a reason eh. Have a lovely holiday, and I'll be here to subscribe x

Hia misswilma!! Thanks for your lovely words. Great to have you on board. I've been really good for three weeks. Hoping not to relapse too much on holiday! Having a complete day off today but the people we're on holiday with are also on a health kick!

I did weigh this morning! 2.2 lbs off again!! That's 8 lbs so far. 10 St 9.4 lbs. chuffed!!

Having a shandy now. All checked in and through security-bit of a job, 1st time with a toddler!! I think there's wifi in our villa so hopefully I can keep up with my diary!

Urgh I feel awful this morning to the point where I've broken my promise to myself that I wouldn't post while on holiday cos I knew I would eat junk!!

It hasn't been really bad in the food front but I've drunk loads of beer. LOADS!! Today I'm hungover and my belly hurts! I've said every day that "I'm not drinking beer today" then at lunch I've had a beer and then another and then another until it's been at least five every day for the last four days!

I hate being drunk, I obviously hate hangovers so much so that I don't really drink much anymore. This is more of a therapy post than anything else. I'm so disappointed with myself. I don't want to go home and weigh and find that I've put all the weight that I worked hard to lose back on.

It may not seem like I worked hard from an outsider's point of view but mentally I had to be strong disciplined not to eat crap and it's gone straight out of the window. This is my telling off to myself. I'll read it back later and think I'm a complete idiot but I feel better as I write it now!!

Just cos I'm on holiday doesn't mean I need to be as poorly disciplined as this. Sort yourself out!!

Ok so still not logging what I've eaten but didn't drink as much and didn't even start til 6.30 pm. Had a walk and a swim too!!

Tomorrow I'm doing insanity with one of the guys and if I like it I'll do it again Sunday!!

This holiday is very much sit and lounge all day so I've read so many threads and had so much inspiration with diet and especially exercise that I've got it all planned out!! No drinking again until tomorrow night!!

Els you can do it!! Can't wait to lose weight!!

Hope it's going well x

Els thanks so much for the support on my thread! Hope your having/had a great holiday and looking forwards to hearing your updates xxx

Right then!! Holiday done and I'm back on the wagon. I fell off it in spectacular style!! Every day I said (out loud to everyone) "I'm not drinking beer today o'r eating chocolate" then a couple of hours later I'd be like "I'm on holiday, I'm having a beer and some chocolate!!" I don't feel guilty but I don't feel very good for it health wise.

So let's get the painful bit out of the way!! The scales!! Weighed this morning and sadly I w as 11st 0.2 lbs. that's 4.8lbs on I think. But that's to be expected and all I deserve.

I'm back on it today. I felt really hungry for chocolate, so had porridge with seeds and cashews and a green tea. Going to do a mammoth food shop today and stack the freezer. My husband and I had a convo while in the hot tub one day about our respective diets (as you do!!) and we decided we'd plan a 3 week menu cycle and buy all the ingredients at the start of the week. It will contain chicken a couple of times a week, a meal that lasts two days each week like spag Bol, chilli or cottage pie, a meat free meal like veg stir fry, risotto or just a jacket with beans or something, and fish once a week. The seventh meal will be a little more indulgent. Maybe steak, chippy, a roast, bbc or pizza. Takeaways will be kept to a minimum!! Hubby's put weight on since we got married so he's up for a health kick!!

As for exercise, I'm aiming to do some everyday, even if it's a 15 workout with a dod, a longer did workout, the gym, a walk, kettle bells, housework anything, and I will track calories on my Fitbit. I'm going to make sure that I do my 10000 steps. Although I loved being in Portugal and had a great time, I spent a lot of time looking forward to and preparing for getting back into my healthier routine!!

Later on, I will post a few points about why I'm doing this. Gotta go now though. Shopping's calling!!

Thanks for all your comments. They're very helpful just knowing someone's reading what I'm saying keeps me on track!

Welcome back

I think everyone's allowed to go off plan on holiday. ...The main thing is to get back on it as soon as you get home and you seem to be well on with that so well done x

Welcome back 

I think everyone's allowed to go off plan on holiday. ...The main thing is to get back on it as soon as you get home and you seem to be well on with that so well done x

I hope you're right. Thanks!! I've been posting mainly via the app so you don't get to read signatures and what have you. I must say your stats are mightily impressive!!

This is what I've eaten today. Compared to the previous 11 days it's very good but could be better.

B - porridge with seeds, cashew nuts and green tea
L - hubby suggested we go out for lunch before shopping. It was quite difficult to find something healthy as it was a chain pub that unlike some others doesn't have healthy choices. So I went for Cajun chicken and chips.

Since then I've eaten a few crackers, cheese and grapes, so not really dinner. May have a banana before bed.

As as soon as I've got little one to bed I'm going to log in on my laptop - tablet keyboard keeps changing my words! - and edit my signature, reassess my goals and write a plan of action. I know I said that before.

Okey dokey. I'm going to reassess my goals and a little reminder of where I want to get to and why

The Goal is to get to 9st 11lbs before a wedding where I'm a bridesmaid in August

I've also never been that weight for a sustained period of time. So I would like to be this weight for a long time.

Why?
- Increase my self confidence
- Be less body conscious
- Feel healthier
- Look healthier
- Look better

Those are reason enough I think.
I could have made this a longer post but there's no need. It's to the point. There's nothing more to say. Get on it!!

Woooooo! Els I think me and you are going to be in it together! Love the positivity of this post, glad you had a great holiday and are now back on it. Me too! Sending lots of good vibes xx

Positivity helps a lot!! It's the best way to stay on track! So many times I've felt like giving up in the past! But then this time I've read so many success stories on here then I think "plenty of people have done it, so it's definitely possible!!".

We can do it together! x

Feel amazing today! I went to box hiit and Ioved it! Only thing I don't love about it is that it is at 10 am on a Friday morning and do I can't go again!!

I've booked my missfit class for tomorrow and spin on Tuesday!! That will be interesting!! I've already done over half the 10000 steps for today and I've unpacked everything from the holiday, made a vegetable,bacon and noodle soup for dinner tonight and hubby's preparing a lunch time bbq as we speak, 1 burger, 1 sausage, a bread roll and salad. I've drunk lots of water and eaten a banana too!! I'll have a few snacks and a green tea also. Want to make sure I don't starve myself cos that's when I fall off the wagon!!

I bought some seeds for herbs yesterday so going to plant those this afternoon!

So.. I have 89 calories left and I want to use them. I'm thinking treat. Customary toblerone from duty free in the fridge - one triangle will be about right. Noooo no no no!! 145 Cals. Suffice to say it's still in the fridge!! Fruit instead!!

Well done. ..I would have cut the triangle in half. ...then probably still eaten the whole thing! !!!

The night is not over yet!!

Managed to stay off the chocolate and ate 3 strawberries instead! Aren't I a good girl!!

Update on yesterday

Exercise - missfit class, 20 min walk. I did an awful lot of moving about - over 13000 steps so my calorie allowance was up to 2600 (according to my Fitbit

Food - I had people over for dinner, we had an Indian and dessert. Therefore I kept my calories low during the day

B - weetabix milk & protein shake
L - left over noodle soup - half a portion
S - cashews
D - chicken tikka masala & pilau rice - half a portion (or rather half the amount given) some poppadoms and chutney, white chocolate cheesecake and 1 profiterole dipped in a bit of choc sauce.

MFP says I still had nearly 400 calories remaining but I'm dubious of that!! I don't know if I had the amounts correct. I don't think I did. But I'm quietly confident that I did ok on the whole. I don't feel amazing - I had no fruit and very little veg.

Today I'm going to have Sunday lunch. I'm going to over estimate my cals to be on the safe side and will try and avoid dessert as much as possible. I will do a hiit workout that I found online, maybe two of them. I'm feeling a bit achey so I may go for a leisurely walk too. I've been obsessing over steps and goals so I think I'm back in the zone!!

Back